• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

Are you employed by Simon Malls?

Are you a person who has a vested financial interested in Simon Malls?

If you can't answer yes to the above two questions, myself and anybody else who cares, don't give jack :poop: about your opinion. The State of Indiana has granted us (and unfortunately you) the right to carry as we see fit.

It's a LTCH (License To Carry Hangun get it :D) not a restricted CCW that we must carry concealed.

If Simon Malls really wanted no one to carry in there, then they need to do this.....

Post it at every door, in legitimate LARGE writing.

Post a security guard at every entrance

Have a metal detector to make sure no one can enter even with a butter knife.

Otherwise I'm not going to fool myself thinking some enlightened :mallninja:who has nothing to do, or on him, thinking that he can protect me.

OP, you did the right thing by not leaving your EDC in your car in the parking garage and taking a chance of having it stolen while you was gone because of the top rated :mallninja:'s looking @ video of all the hotties walking around the mall.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    That's what I don't understand. I went and looked up the forum rules. Trolling and inflammatory posts are SUPPOSEDLY not allowed. Do a quick search of his posts and you find that he habitually makes inflammatory posts for no reason but to stir the pot and then he moves on to the next thread.

Exactly! Yes, he is anti-OC. But his trolling is not limited to just OC comments. In fact there are MANY here on INGO who I would disagree with regarding OC/CC. But we all try to disagree without being disagreeable. Jake simply reverts to condescending and disagreeable behavior.

From Wikipedia: Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Wouldn't that define his behavior fairly well?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Again, define trolling. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to think. The staff takes enough crap from people when they ban someone for a blatantly-obvious reason as it is. For something like trolling, which can be easily claimed as "simply stating my opinion", that they have to have a pretty iron-clad reason for when the inevitable *****ing about "inconsistency", "unfairness", "cliques", and "anti-1st Amendment" starts. While it may look like trolling to you, you're not the one that's going to have to answer a couple of hundred angry and belligerent PM's.

If mods don't want to address an obvious problem because they don't want their PM box blowing up, then I don't know what to say. Ask anyone, and I'll bet the vast majority would label him a troll.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If mods don't want to address an obvious problem because they don't want their PM box blowing up, then I don't know what to say. Ask anyone, and I'll bet the vast majority would label him a troll.

And there are plenty who are happy to call him that in a public thread, even though name-calling is specifically against the rules and is a much more cut-and-dried issue. Should the mods ban them, too? By my count, half the posters in this thread should be banned already.

I very much disagree with banning someone simply for having an unpopular opinion.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thanks... I don't remember hearing about that..:yesway:

Also I do believe just last year there was a woman abducted in the parking lot at the same mall. Would have been nice if she was allowed to have a firearm on her side..

If she wanted to carry, she would have. It is NOT illegal and most people who carry in any mall will do so CC (right or wrong), they do not wand you or anything upon entering the mall. So if you wanted to carry, feel free. This is not the same situation as a school zone where carrying there will get you locked up. Just giving her a pistol is not the answer. I really don't like that argument. It makes the assumption that giving a person a tool magically enables them to use it...which we all know is NOT the case. A person prepared to defend themselves or others will never be unarmed...it just might not be a pistol. Frankly, I have MUCH more fear for the person with a knife and a little knowledge how to use it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No forum rule against being a disagreeable butthead.

But there's a pretty clear one against name-calling, so please be more careful.

:mods:

Again, define trolling. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to think. The staff takes enough crap from people when they ban someone for a blatantly-obvious reason as it is. For something like trolling, which can be easily claimed as "simply stating my opinion", that they have to have a pretty iron-clad reason for when the inevitable *****ing about "inconsistency", "unfairness", "cliques", and "anti-1st Amendment" starts. While it may look like trolling to you, you're not the one that's going to have to answer a couple of hundred angry and belligerent PM's.

In response to Rookie's assertion, this pretty much sums it up. Its not that we don't look at such reported posts, but the area of "trolling" is one of the most vague we deal with.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If mods don't want to address an obvious problem because they don't want their PM box blowing up, then I don't know what to say.

It has been addressed, and will continue to be addressed.

It just hasn't been addressed how you would like it.

There's a difference.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

What do you mean "we", white man?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    And there are plenty who are happy to call him that in a public thread, even though name-calling is specifically against the rules and is a much more cut-and-dried issue. Should the mods ban them, too? By my count, half the posters in this thread should be banned already.

I very much disagree with banning someone simply for having an unpopular opinion.

Listen, a spade is a spade. If I'm trolling every thread, then I would expect to be labeled a troll. That's not name calling, that's giving him the label he obviously wants.

Like I said, J706 has opinions very close to Jake, but he's far from a troll.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It has been addressed, and will continue to be addressed.

It just hasn't been addressed how you would like it.

There's a difference.

I'm content knowing it's being addressed. You guys want to keep him around, then I understand you have your reasons (I probably don't agree, but that's my problem and I understand that too).

At least you're aware. Thank you.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

I'm hoping you walk around with a mouse in your pocket, if not....

STOP LUMPING US ALL TOGETHER WITH YOU.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom