• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To the rest of the folks in this thread. . . .

Having a differing opinion or one that is in the minority, and voicing that opinion here on INGO is just fine. We strive to create an atmosphere where you can do so without repercussion. This is the only way we can all have a good discussion and perhaps learn a thing or two.

But we will not tolerate obviously inflammatory posts, regardless of which side of the argument they fall, to be dropped into an ongoing discussion for the sole purpose of stirring up discontent amongst the membership.

On the flip side, I would warn folks to deal with Trolls in such a manner that allows you to stay within the Forum Rules. Nothing pains us Mods more than having to punish someone for breaking the rules in response to a Troll who walks right up to the line without crossing it.

My advice for dealing with Trolls:

• Report the post to the Mods so that we may begin to establish a pattern of posting behavior.
    • Say NOTHING in response. Ignore them. No popcorn, no facepalm. Act like their post doesn't exist.
    Sound advice. :yesway: It's a known tactic that a skillful troll will try to goad other posters into crossing the line therefore resulting in their own ban.

I believe the infamous K. Soze was quite skillful in using those sorts of tactics to trip a few members up before he ultimately flamed out himself.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I believe the infamous K. Soze was quite skillful in using those sorts of tactics to trip a few members up before he ultimately flamed out himself.

The infamous K. Soze has also been back under many new account names. I fully expect our latest troll to be back soon. For people who despise INGO enough to come here to troll, they sure can't seem to take a hint that they aren't welcome.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The infamous K. Soze has also been back under many new account names. I fully expect our latest troll to be back soon. For people who despise INGO enough to come here to troll, they sure can't seem to take a hint that they aren't welcome.
    Troll!!!

:D

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    To the rest of the folks in this thread. . . .

Having a differing opinion or one that is in the minority, and voicing that opinion here on INGO is just fine. We strive to create an atmosphere where you can do so without repercussion. This is the only way we can all have a good discussion and perhaps learn a thing or two.

But we will not tolerate obviously inflammatory posts, regardless of which side of the argument they fall, to be dropped into an ongoing discussion for the sole purpose of stirring up discontent amongst the membership.

On the flip side, I would warn folks to deal with Trolls in such a manner that allows you to stay within the Forum Rules. Nothing pains us Mods more than having to punish someone for breaking the rules in response to a Troll who walks right up to the line without crossing it.

My advice for dealing with Trolls:

• Report the post to the Mods so that we may begin to establish a pattern of posting behavior.
    • Say NOTHING in response. Ignore them. No popcorn, no facepalm. Act like their post doesn't exist.
    When I first started spending a large amount of time on this forum(my Lady calls this forum my girlfriend), the OC/CC discussion was hot and heavy. The sides were deeply entrenched and passionate in their beliefs. At no time did I get the same feel as when reading the body of works by "the one who shall not be mentioned". It is not so much the position(although the position did seem to be 180 degrees from the position of seemingly the majority of the board, not a crime) he/she has but the tone coupled with the tendency to hit and run.

I had seriously considered ignoring that member but thought that if all ignored, then where is the rebutal? I found this site as a result of a search. If that member was representative of the majority, I never would have stuck around(and I am aware that may not have been a huge loss but a fact non the less).

OP, I think you did fine.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

How could he have gotten back?
    KG1 took his po-po bike. :):

Woody_Police_Bike.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We'll all miss Jake... hopefully for a long time.

...Chuck E Cheese worded their signs very specifically BECAUSE of the above...

I carried at Chuck E. Cheese today.

I may or may not have noticed their sign. :whistle:

I may or may not have left my shirt over my gun while I was there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We'll all miss Jake... hopefully for a long time.

I carried at Chuck E. Cheese today.

I may or may not have noticed their sign. :whistle:

I may or may not have left my shirt over my gun while I was there.
    I'm sure if you did it was an accident.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Generally?

Meaning we're not above allowing a banned member to return. However this is often only done after a period of cooling-off time and after the member has apologized and informed the Staff of the changes they will make in their future posting habits. Its on a case-by-case basis and its not the norm, but it has happened.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    i hate renta cops. like they could catch a dognut theif in a dognut store

The problem is not so much with the guards themselves, but rather the lack of good people willing to do the job, as well as the lack of training they undergo.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Generally?

You still have the mod look in your eye when you post...

A few members who have actually apologized for being a douche and have agreed to abide by the rules have been allowed to rejoin. Believe, me, though, it's almost universal where they try to blame INGO for their behavior. I think the last "apology" I saw went something like "Look, I was just having fun, now let me back in, you g--d--- Nazis!"

Top Bottom