• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OP, I think you did pretty well, considering. You were wrong, tho and the guard was partially right. Simon properties are a well known victim disarmament zone. They usually only post at their main entrances, so it's hard to actually know. If you had been CC'ing, like most folks who visit their malls you'd not have been hassled. Good thing you kept cool and let Barney's nephew know he wasn't correct.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Two thoughts for you.

1. There is no excuse for open carry in a mall. None.

2. Circle Center recently installed a credit card reader in one exit lane of all garages. In the one attached to the Convention Center, it's the one on the far right to exit onto Georgia St.
    How do you have such good reputation on this forum with statements like this?
    You sir are a TROLL!!!!! Or just a donkey!!!:rolleyes:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

Non productive? He just owned you. Anytime you punt the first argument of a troll that's pretty productive.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    The security guard was right but for the wrong reasons.

Of course you are permitted to carry in a public. What he said is nonsense. You are not permitted in in certain .gov buildings, schools, etc.

As much as I agree that you should be able to carry however and wherever you please, I must also say that I respect that the owners of a property can chose what policies they wish to have for those properties.

If Simon does not want firearms on their properties, that is their right as owners of the property. I simply choose not to go on their properties unless I am forced to by my wife. In which case I simply ignore their policy. However, if one of the owners or appointed caretakers notices my firearm and I am asked to leave, I do so. Otherwise I risk trespassing.

Pretty simple if you educate yourself on Indiana law concerning firearms.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Two thoughts for you.

2. Circle Center recently installed a credit card reader in one exit lane of all garages. In the one attached to the Convention Center, it's the one on the far right to exit onto Georgia St.

One thought for you:

1: That is YOUR opnion that there's NO excuse for OC in the mall, futhermore; how is the mall ANY safer than any other place you may choose to OC???

Thanks for the info on the credit card reader at the mall!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks fellow INGOers for jumping Jake and saving wear and tear on my keyboard.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Two thoughts for you.

No excuse?? How about this one: Its MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT to carry how I see fit.

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

Who the hell is this "WE" ????

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

"We"? :dunno:

Haven't you learned yet that most of "We" DON"T agree with you?

Saying it over and over again like a petulant child does not make it so...

chadf652

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I think you handled the situation very well. I personally CC but that's just my personal peference. The mall security obviously was wrong.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    They won't ever have to ask me to leave a Simon mall because I will not be found in one to start with. It never ceases to amaze me how people keep doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

The only thing Simon malls will understand is the impact on the bottom line. Don't go there and you won't be tempted to give them any money (for anything). There is nothing there I can't find somewhere else. Somewhere else that does not infringe my constitutional rights.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    This is why I don't go to the mall. UP is the same way in Mishawaka. Is it owned by Simon? I really don't care, because they don't get my money. I used to OC there, but I found out that's a no no. So I stopped going.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I hope you don't vote... or breed.

:laugh: Hahahaha, nice one. I just returned from Greenwood Park Mall after shopping with the wife, kids, and firearm. I guess we shouldn't worry about protection when the malls have such "highly trained" security personel. Sorry but I would put my ability to protect myself through 19+ years of military service above the rent a cops they have. There have been several incidents of rape/abductions at Circle Centre Mall. Especially in the garage.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I thought at one time there was a list of anti-gun business listed on a thread here?

It would be nice to have a data base spreadsheet that can be up-dated so we can spend our money at gun friendly business. However I must admit that I haven't been to a mall in years.....

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    "Are you undercover"

"I WAS UNTIL YOU EXPOSED IT!"

Seriously now, what kind of mall "cop" asks if you're undercover? Rofl... Hollywood exposure in my head today. It's just the first thought.

You handled it well. I find it's best to educate those who don't know the laws. I also agree with how you asked if there were signs posted on all entrances into the mall. In Indiana, if it isn't (as I think I recall) a government owned facility or (I KNOW) a school property then you should be alright to carry granted you're lawful with your license to carry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom