• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I'm imagining Jack Ryan chasing some kids away with an Uzi yelling "GET OFF MY LAWN"

Jack Ryan....

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

The offender fleeing...

obama_gump_running.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    ROTFL, murder, eh?

So you spend so much time here preaching about your right to self defense and defense of your property and right to defend your property, the imorality of politicians and government officials you disagree with and then you defend an adult bedding a minor in deliberate defiance and in a man's own house.

Yeah, let's, let's use a little logic here...

Look, I am not big on pissing matches, but you can't brush aside the fact that this guy SHOT someone who posed ABSOLUTELY NO THREAT to him. You can paint this pedophelia or whatever, but these are two teenagers fooling around. Wrong, right, it doesn't matter. This stepfather's response was wrong. Period. I am not defending anyone, I am saying the stepfather is in the wrong.

I hope we are getting caught up in an arugment and that you dont actually believe that this guy is in the right.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Look, I am not big on pissing matches, but you can't brush aside the fact that this guy SHOT someone who posed ABSOLUTELY NO THREAT to him. You can paint this pedophelia or whatever, but these are two teenagers fooling around. Wrong, right, it doesn't matter. This stepfather's response was wrong. Period. I am not defending anyone, I am saying the stepfather is in the wrong.

I hope we are getting caught up in an arugment and that you dont actually believe that this guy is in the right.

yep. repped.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Come on and calm down a little before you go in to some kind of a fit.

Of course he over reacted. Far as I can tell the 18 year old adult wasn't even armed at the time he was caught molesting the guys 16 year old minor in the man's own home.

I think a 9 iron should have been sufficient, a bat of some sort at most.

Some here want to harp on how 16 is the age of consent and how she gave him permission and then turn around and start up about how 18 year old is just a kid "looking for some fun" or "two kids fooling around".

The facts are she is 16 year old high school kid who can't even sign a binding contract for a cell phone who is living at home in her daddy's house who pays her bills from heat, housing, and food to medical bills. This 18 year old male is a legal adult having sex with a minor in her parents house. Those are the facts.

The guy screwed up when he went for his gun instead of his 9 iron in the screwed up society we live in and is readily evident in this thread, but it's my opinion the kid got off easy. He got what he desearved, no more, no less.

BTW, I was mocking your arguement more than I was argueing right or wrong of the guy shooting his daughters dumbA boyfriend. My God the guy shot him several times from across a room and they were all below the waist and next thing you accuse me of condoning murder.

Only a fool belives the shooters first intent was to kill him even if it was a stupid move there's no way I believe murder was the intent. He's a dimwit living in a house of dimwitts with dimwit visiters throw a gun in with that bunch of hyenas and something interesting is bound to happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Ok, I'm tired, and I'll ask you to keep that in mind as I try and lay this out for you.

Shooting...overboard. Beating...understandable. And here is why.

Precious darling angel daughters aside....its the mans home. Now, I'm a bit old school when it comes to this, but a man's home is a man's home. You don't disrespect it, and you damn sure don't let yourself in to boink his daughter. Hell, I won't smoke on a friends porch without asking permission first. Why? Because its his house, and when I'm there, I respect his home.

The daughter had no right to invite the boyfriend in to do...well, what it was they were doing. Why? It was her fathers house. Not hers.

Now, I'm still young enough to remember what it was like to be a teenager, and to deal with teenage girls...its gonna happen. You might not like it, but it will happen. That doesn't mean you're expected to not react when its right in front of you under your own roof, however.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    INGO needs to start sponsoring some reading comprehension courses.

First of all, we are talking about whether or not the stepfather in this case was justified in shooting a teenage boy who was invited in to screw by the legally consenting girlfriend, when he posed no threat to the stepfather, other than to his ego. There was no "death threat" in the story, so please try to refrain from injecting your own little game-changer. In fact, I believe the story showed that the boy was begging the guy not to shoot him. Hardly a deadly threat.

Jack Ryan was the one who mentioned "defiance in his own house," and it was his post that I was responding to. Try to keep up.

And if you can't see the similarity between muslims who regularly kill people for having sex that they don't approve of, with supposed christians who advocate the same thing, then I really don't know what to say to you.

Except, maybe, goodnight. :rolleyes:

Rock On!

You make a lot of sense Mr. Bond! I see your points on the religion aspect as well. You're not saying Islam or Christianity is the cause. You are calling out fundamentalist wacko thought; no matter the religion perverted by the wackjob. Very good and common sense points in my book :twocents:

Oh yeah and for those of you distorting the OP and story with words like molestation. Learn the laws, teach your kids well. The rest is up to them. 16 is the legal age in most states and well 15 will get you 20. As it should be. There is no moslestation in the OP story.......
    Now you might get mad and have some roughing up or fisticuffs but shooting for what is described in the OP story is not manly or defending honor. It's an act of cowardice. As is any shooting that is INSTIGATED at an unarmed man. Again just my :twocents:. Honor killings, hmm where have I heard of that before.....??????

(now I do believe TRUE pedophiles are breathing all the good air that needs to be fixed! But there are no pedophiles in this story)

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Also....funny how the daughter is automatically a "skank" for having sex at a consensual age. Or maybe a slut. Whore. Loose. Tramp. Ask your grandpa, and he might say floozy, harlot, or some other quaint antique term.
    I was just wondering if she had an older sister?? :D

I can't think of any common negative terms for horny teenage boys. Kinda strange how people think sometimes, isn't it?
    That's my boy!! ;)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Tell me Indy317, do you treat female subjects exactly like you would a male subject?

For the most part. Humans are different from country to country, religion to religion, so I do take these issues into consideration, but basically I treat everyone equally, as that is what this country is about. I don't do more or less for a female than I do for a male. Obviously if you talk about arresting a female, there are issues with male officers doing searches and such, which is easily negated by calling for a female officer. Same for a school which may have to do pat down of students for weapons, you get male teachers for the males, female teachers for the females.

My issue is that some here think that if they find the guy with their daughter under their roof, it is OK to seriously beat and/or kill the guy. It is the exact same if the circumstances were reverse. I don't care that it is now the female that is trespassing and with a teen boy under his parents roof. Just because the girl could end up carrying the baby doesn't mean parents of teen males don't care if their kid ends up with a kid on the way. The parents are still going to be liable for child support, the whole issue could cause future domestic issues, etc....so if your a father who freaks out enough to beat and/or shoot a male teen having sex with your daughter under your roof, you have to open and understanding to the fact that the parents of the teen male have the same reasons to freak out like you. So then ask yourself: "Would I want my daughter beaten to the point of unconsciousness, waking up in a pool of her own blood?" If not, then why do that to another persons teenager?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Whether I caught a boy in my house with my daughter or a girl in my house with my son, the intruder would be tossed out the front door in the state of undress that I found them in. My son or daughter would not be able to sit comfortably for a while. They would loose quite a few privileges. I don't see it necessary to beat bloody or kill anyone.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Wow, this thread just needs some Glock vs XD talk, or some comments about snap caps, and it would have just about everything.

All I can say is that there are no winners in this story, and plenty of losers, including all of us law abiding citizens.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    It's not legal to drive 1mph over the speedlimit, but I GUARANTEE you break that law everytime you get behind the wheel. OFF TO JAIL WITH YOUR NON-LAW ABIDING SELF!!!

Sorry there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between a traffic infraction & MURDER!!!!!

Law this, law that, what ever happened TO MORALLY RIGHT AND WRONG?!?!

So are you really trying to say that YOU BELIEVE it is morally justifiable to MURDER an unarmed person who posed no physical threat to you but only to YOUR honor (not your daughters - she legally consented)? We're not talking about some civil protest against a victimless crime here. We're talking about MURDER.

Define whose MORALS you are going to base your decision on. I'll bet there are some people in this world who would think that YOU are immoral for your past (& maybe even present :dunno:) transgressions. Would they be morally justified in exacting whatever punishment they saw fit at their own hands because they BELIEVED you DESERVED IT? But, you say, you were just a dumb kid & have grown up & become smarter since then. Exactly the point.

See how ridiculus that sounds?

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CONDONE MINORS HAVING SEX!!!!!!!!!

Calm down there, partner. Nobody is CONDONING anything. ...Well, except the people who are condoning the murder/assault of another human being for making a stupid kid mistake. Sex can be life-changing but its not the end of the world. I mean YOU had two kids before you were ready & you are still here, aren't you?

This implies that one is already "better" than them... a tad uppity no?

Give me a break.

You must not be paying attention to all the threads here about how people feel about murderers. Murderers belong in jail. So do rapists, thieves, burglars, & people who beat others up illegally & etc. Heck a lot here think that some of those criminals don't even deserve to live. Are you really trying to say that we're all equal in the eyes of society?

Are you posting on the right forum? I thought I was the liberal here. ;) :rolleyes:

Prison time or no there is only one judge to please.

Sorry, your religious beliefs play no part in the EQUAL application of the LAW. Please don't justify the murder of a legally innocent person by saying it pleases "god". :xmad:

Of course he over reacted....

...the 18 year old adult wasn't even armed at the time...

...16 is the age of consent...

...she gave him permission...

...The guy screwed up when he went for his gun...

...Those are the facts.

Yes, they are.

If you don't like the age of consent laws, work to get them changed. Up until the last century (or less in some places in the country) the age of consent was between 10 & 12.

BTW, I was mocking your arguement more than I was argueing right or wrong of the guy shooting his daughters dumbA boyfriend. My God the guy shot him several times from across a room and they were all below the waist and next thing you accuse me of condoning murder.

Only a fool belives the shooters first intent was to kill him even if it was a stupid move there's no way I believe murder was the intent.

You do know that shooting someone with a gun is deadly force right? & that that is probably, at a minimum, attempted murder? People still die when they get shot in the legs, especially if it's multiple shots.

Don't try to justify your support for an attempted murder by minimizing the threat to the guys life. Just because he didn't die doesn't mean he couldn't.

Besides you have no idea WHAT the guys INTENTIONS were.

Now, I'm still young enough to remember what it was like to be a teenager, and to deal with teenage girls...its gonna happen.

That brings up another interesting point that hasn't been touched on...

How many of you (male & female) had sex before you were married &/or under-age? Come on now be honest at least with yourselves. I would venture to say most did & if not (at least where the guys are concerned) it wasn't for lack of wanting to.

Did you deserve to die because of it? Did you deserve to wake up (if you even did) in a pool of your own blood after you were attacked by Jack's baseball bat?

I'd say (& I'm just assuming) that most people here turned out OK even though they didn't get shot or bludgeoned half to death for having sex as a teenager. Do some wish they did things differently? I'm sure. Do most not want their kids making the same foolish mistakes they made? Absolutely. That's because we all make mistakes.

We just don't deserve to die because of most of them.

You might not like it, but it will happen.

Exactly.

That doesn't mean you're expected to not react when its right in front of you under your own roof, however.

Sure, react all you want, but within the limits of the law.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    (blah blah snip)

Give me a break.

You must not be paying attention to all the threads here about how people feel about murderers. Murderers belong in jail. So do rapists, thieves, burglars, & people who beat others up illegally & etc. Heck a lot here think that some of those criminals don't even deserve to live. Are you really trying to say that we're all equal in the eyes of society?

Are you posting on the right forum? I thought I was the liberal here. ;) :rolleyes:

No I'm saying I refuse to judge anyone's current condition by the mistakes of their past. I will not, however let a pedophile near my kids (so don't even try to make that argument) because my children can't defend themselves.

Sorry, your religious beliefs play no part in the EQUAL application of the LAW. Please don't justify the murder of a legally innocent person by saying it pleases "god". :xmad:

I did not say that and I apologize if that's the "aura" I put out. What I meant by that is, I am only worried about what God thinks of me. Everyone else can kiss my a@@. That being said, I have plenty of relationships that I work on keeping stable however, if it came down to a decision like this, yes the law can kiss my a@@ too. P.S. Please capitalize God when referring to Him. I guess you don't believe but many of us do. To not capitalize the "G" is just a slap in the face.

Why are you sorry? You're twisted representation of the separation of the church and state doesn't bother me at all.

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Most sources define pedophile where the child is prepubescent, not two years difference in age.

I suppose that everyone here is the exact same age as their spouse?

Top Bottom