• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I might have a little more understanding of Daddy if he'd had the gun on him when he found them. He'd still be rightfully heading to jail, but at least it would be easier to understand. Going after a gun and coming back means he had time to cool down.

Now, I still don't understand why the kid didn't run like the wind instead of getting dressed. Sounds to me like the daughter needs a spanking for picking stupid bed mates.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    You say that everyone who doesn't think like you can kiss your @ss (how very Christian, by the way), then ask that everyone with lips attached to your behind please capitalize your god, so as to not offend.

:dunno:

Jesus is doing a facepalm right about now. :):

Stop putting words in my mouth, I said no such thing. I said anyone who doesn't like the fact that in my hypothetical situation I would have shot the bastard, can kiss my ***. I did not say think LIKE me I said think OF me.

You don't get to say what Jesus is doing right now... but keep trying.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    finity

I'm no longer discussing ANYTHING with you. You've put more than just words in my mouth and are trying to say I think murder is ok. That's asinine and I'm too pissed to respond to your babbling nonsense. I've concluded you do NOT have kids and if you do, I feel sorry for them.

Now, that said, I do not condone murder, but I do think it's ok to beat the living hell out of any person that is over 18 coming into my home against my wishes having sex with my daughters. 16 is very close to that line where it shouldn't matter, but IT STILL MATTERS. They are not an adult either by law or morals. Especially if the girl is younger than 16 it's not right. If my daughter hasn't been emancipated she is NOT fair game and any guy treating her as such will have a VERY bad day when they come into my home.

What this step-father did was over the line, yes. I know many of us here have at one point said we'd probably do the same thing even though we know we wouldn't. But yes, that kid would have been getting a bloody nose and a black eye and be lucky if he could have kids later in life.

There is only ONE circumstance where I would ever allow an 18y/o to date my underage (AT LEAST 16) daughter. If they could show that it was truly love and they'd been dating since long before he turned 18. That would show it's not just about sex and it's actually about love. Maybe it'll last, maybe it won't, but it shows that it's something with substance and not just lust. And by God, if he gets her pregnant, he's going to be there for that child whether they stay together or not. If he leaves her I'll hound him until the day I die if he try's to shurk his responsibilities.

Now, I think I've said all I can say on this matter. Love it or hate it I don't care. Pick it apart and take it out of context all you want. This is how I feel. I have 3 daughters and one son to worry about and that is that.

Oh

IBTL

:D

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Frankie20sticking20her20tongue20out.jpg

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    finity

I'm no longer discussing ANYTHING with you.

:rolleyes: Haven't we been here & done this dance before?

Now, that said, I do not condone murder, but I do think it's ok to beat the living hell out of any person that is over 18 coming into my home against my wishes having sex with my daughters.

They were invited there by a resident of the house & are engaged in a legal (though improper) act. You are not legally justified in using ANY force against that person. Tell them to leave. If they don't, then call the cops. If they get violent THEN you are good to do whatever is reasonably necessary to defend yourself.

BTW, If they die after you "beat the living hell" out of them, that's murder.

But yes, that kid would have been getting a bloody nose and a black eye and be lucky if he could have kids later in life.

And I think that's assault. So you don't condone murder but you condone the assault of an unarmed person who posed no physical threat to you but only to YOUR honor (not your daughters - she legally consented). Got it.

Aren't we supposed to be "law-abiding citizens" especially where violent felonies are concerned? That's what happens when you let your emotions get the better of you.

I thought liberals were the only ones who let their emotions cloud their thinking. :rolleyes:

There sure are a lot of closet liberals coming out today. :D

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Well, it's a matter of manners, but you are allowed to be as rude and bigoted as you wish.

If I was a Muslim and asked people to use Allah instead of god, would they be rude and bigoted if they didn't do so?

If I was Jewish and asked people to use Ba'al instead of god, would they rude and bigoted if they didn't do so?

Now, that said, I do not condone murder, but I do think it's ok to beat the living hell out of any person that is over 18 coming into my home against my wishes having sex with my daughters. 16 is very close to that line where it shouldn't matter, but IT STILL MATTERS. They are not an adult either by law or morals. Especially if the girl is younger than 16 it's not right. If my daughter hasn't been emancipated she is NOT fair game and any guy treating her as such will have a VERY bad day when they come into my home.

There is only ONE circumstance where I would ever allow an 18y/o to date my underage (AT LEAST 16) daughter. If they could show that it was truly love and they'd been dating since long before he turned 18. That would show it's not just about sex and it's actually about love. Maybe it'll last, maybe it won't, but it shows that it's something with substance and not just lust.

I have 3 daughters and one son to worry about and that is that.

Well, lets hope for your son's teeth, vision, bones, etc. that he doesn't get caught at 19 having sex with a 16 year old he knew from high school. If he does, I guess you will be understand when he comes with missing teeth, blacked eyes, blurry vision, etc.? Oh, unless they dated for years, then you would likely be upset about it? What goes around comes around. Anything you would do to a guy found with your daughter you would have to be OK with another father doing that to your son if they caught him with their daughter. Be careful what you wish for and what you believe to be acceptable behavior...as you have to be OK with you and yours being on the receiving end of that behavior as well.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've been following this thread and have to wonder. Does it change the persons persepctive if they walk in and their girl's the....mmm...aggressor? If she's in the dominant position?

Personally, I have to wonder why the step father, in this case didn't knock. Isn't that the standard method of gaining access to someones room? You knock and wait for a "come in" or a "go away, I'm naked". I knock on my kids doors and they're not even close to teenagers.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, lets hope for your son's teeth, vision, bones, etc. that he doesn't get caught at 19 having sex with a 16 year old he knew from high school. If he does, I guess you will be understand when he comes with missing teeth, blacked eyes, blurry vision, etc.? Oh, unless they dated for years, then you would likely be upset about it? What goes around comes around. Anything you would do to a guy found with your daughter you would have to be OK with another father doing that to your son if they caught him with their daughter. Be careful what you wish for and what you believe to be acceptable behavior...as you have to be OK with you and yours being on the receiving end of that behavior as well.

If I heard of my son, at 18, 19, 20 whatever, having sex with a minor that he hadn't been in a serious relationship for sometime with, I'd be adding to the lack of teeth and another black eye and thank the other father for helping me out.

Why does everyone have to make assuptions about people's thoughts and feelings on matters?

And I musta married the right woman because she agrees with me! :D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, 16 is the legal age of consent. Under 16=child molest. I was 19 and my wife 17 when we met, I took her to her senior prom. 16yrs and 2 kids later...still as strong as the day we met. Let us not jump to conclusions here.

What this step-father did was over the line, yes. I know many of us here have at one point said we'd probably do the same thing even though we know we wouldn't. But yes, that kid would have been getting a bloody nose and a black eye and be lucky if he could have kids later in life.
    I'm not sure it is worth getting myself arrested over. There are better was to handle this situation.
    There is only ONE circumstance where I would ever allow an 18y/o to date my underage (AT LEAST 16) daughter. If they could show that it was truly love and they'd been dating since long before he turned 18. That would show it's not just about sex and it's actually about love. Maybe it'll last, maybe it won't, but it shows that it's something with substance and not just lust. And by God, if he gets her pregnant, he's going to be there for that child whether they stay together or not. If he leaves her I'll hound him until the day I die if he try's to shurk his responsibilities.
    That will be much harder to prove than it sounds. But it is better than going off the deep end and doing something that you will regret later. Remember that you might be drawing her closer to the guy by getting into a fight with him and the end result can be the exact opposite to what you intended. Life just aint that straight forward.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Denny, I understand that all situations are different, but I can guarantee you I'll know if the two have been exclusively dating for a long time or not. And chances of them being stupid enough to have sex in my house with the remote chance of me coming home is probably gonna be pretty slim. I could be wrong, but I'd hope not. :):

That's great about you and your wife! Most marriages don't last 16 months any more let alone 16 years. And in your line of work, I'd say you got yourself a keeper too! :)

To be honest, I'm not sure how I'll handle this situation when the time comes, but I'm pretty sure it will all depend on the situation on how I handle it. But you can bet if my daughter is under 16 it's not gonna matter how old the boy is except on whether it's me or my son that handles them before the police show up! :):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's great about you and your wife! Most marriages don't last 16 months any more let alone 16 years. And in your line of work, I'd say you got yourself a keeper too! :)
    To be honest, we did not get married until 10 yrs ago. We wanted to wait until both of us were out of college (I took longer than most) and I got a good full-time job...and I bought a house. She did not move in until we were married. I am VERY luck to have her because I'm too old to start dating again ;)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    To be honest, we did not get married until 10 yrs ago. We wanted to wait until both of us were out of college (I took longer than most) and I got a good full-time job...and I bought a house. She did not move in until we were married. I am VERY luck to have her because I'm too old to start dating again ;)
    My first serious relationship started when I was 19. She was 15. We lasted four years. To this day I regret that it did not work. We still talk and visit each other every now and then.

I think we failed because we did not do what you did.

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    About the gun part of this. Sounds like dad-step dad whatever - would have found anything (including his fists) to cause a world of hurt to this guy. The gun was an easy tool to use - nothing else. If he had a knife, can you say he wouldn't have used it?

ugh what a mess.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If I was a Muslim and asked people to use Allah instead of god, would they be rude and bigoted if they didn't do so?

If I was Jewish and asked people to use Ba'al instead of god, would they rude and bigoted if they didn't do so?
    snip.

I note you capitalize Allah and Ba'al, yet refuse to capitalize God.

Kinda makes it look like I was right. On both counts. Or are you just trolling?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Owning a firearm does not make one intelligent or rational.

The guy over reacted and he probably understands that now.

It's his mistake, he is the one that can deal with it.

Top Bottom