• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    No, if the daughter invited him into the house, he was not trespassing.

Does the daughter own the home? If the daughter tells boyfriend he can drive away with mom and dad's car, is that not theft?

In this case, the shooting is just way too much. There is no way the guy could really say he felt his life was in danger, as if that was the case, why not shoot the kid when he was in the house before? He should have called the cops and had the kid arrested for trespassing.

And you'd feel the same way if it was your son - visiting his girlfriend? (Not trying to be a smartass- just pointing out that there are two perspectives to consider.)

If you want your son, or you assume your son, is going to be having sex with other people's kids, then by all means, tell your son to bring over his dates and do his deed in the safety of his (your) own home. I don't think the response was the correct one, but funny how no one here has advocated telling their sons to bring the girls to your own home for their fun.

The stepdad was out of line with the shooting.....BUT I have a 15 year old girl...my only child....and if I came home from work and walked into this situation this fella would find himself waking up in a large pool of his own blood. No gun necessary.
    It's so black and white to some folks in this forum....you are younger and do not have kids. Wait till your little girl is a beautiful young woman and the horny boys start coming around. It will change your perspective.

With these attitudes, if I have sons, your daughters will likely be having sex under my roof, not yours. These attitudes are atrocious. I was very shy in high school, so I didn't get lucky until going to college, but even then, a lot of kids in high school are fooling around, and some are having actual sex. You can't preach morals based on religions that have a catch all forgiveness clause. That just makes the religion very hypocritical. Now if I have kids in the future, they will be given real life facts, not some BS about how one should wait for marriage, etc., but how one should make damn sure they are not left with an STD or pregnant. Then again, maybe if I had a son and found your daughters seducing him, I should make sure they end up "waking up in a large pool of her own blood?" Seriously folks, get a grip. Hate to burst your bubble, but teen girls are just as horny as the boys. It takes two to tango, and I don't see like 95% of teen girls constantly brushing off the boys. Teen girls do their fair share of coming around the boys.

Basically if you don't want your daughter, or even son, having sex in your home, make sure they are never given time to do that. That means _constant_ adult supervision, even if your kid is a teenager. It also means don't let them ever go out alone with friends, no going over to the homes of other parents, etc.. May as well just lock them up in their rooms. Now, if your a parent who believes "teenagers are going to have sex, so why get so bent." Well, having sex in a home when parents are home, or might be home at any time, is wrong. If you are so OK with your kids having sex or fooling around, then by all means allow the kids to have sex under your roof in your home. I understand my future kid might have sex as teenagers, but one thing I will not allow is for them to have sex under my roof if I am home. Just as I don't expect adults of teenagers to have sex when the kids are home, especially when teens are usually out doing things for an hour here, and hour there. To me, there is some respectable things to do. If I feel my teenager is having sex, I am not going to lock her in her room. I will hope she is honest and is using protection/birth control. I also will make her understand the dangers of getting caught in my home doing anything. She will likely have her blocks where she knows my wife and I will be gone for a pre-determined amount of time. As such, teens should use these times to deal with their hormones!!

Last edited:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Does the daughter own the home? If the daughter tells boyfriend he can drive away with mom and dad's car, is that not theft?

In this case, the shooting is just way too much. There is no way the guy could really say he felt his life was in danger, as if that was the case, why not shoot the kid when he was in the house before? He should have called the cops and had the kid arrested for trespassing.

If you want your son, or you assume your son, is going to be having sex with other people's kids, then by all means, tell your son to bring over his dates and do his deed in the safety of his (your) own home. I don't think the response was the correct one, but funny how no one here has advocated telling their sons to bring the girls to your own home for their fun.

With these attitudes, if I have sons, your daughters will likely be having sex under my roof, not yours. These attitudes are atrocious. I was very shy in high school, so I didn't get lucky until going to college, but even then, a lot of kids in high school are fooling around, and some are having actual sex. You can't preach morals based on religions that have a catch all forgiveness clause. That just makes the religion very hypocritical. Now if I have kids in the future, they will be given real life facts, not some BS about how one should wait for marriage, etc., but how one should make damn sure they are not left with an STD or pregnant. Then again, maybe if I had a son and found your daughters seducing him, I should make sure they end up "waking up in a large pool of her own blood?" Seriously folks, get a grip. Hate to burst your bubble, but teen girls are just as horny as the boys. It takes two to tango, and I don't see like 95% of teen girls constantly brushing off the boys. Teen girls do their fair share of coming around the boys.

Basically if you don't want your daughter, or even son, having sex in your home, make sure they are never given time to do that. That means _constant_ adult supervision, even if your kid is a teenager. It also means don't let them ever go out alone with friends, no going over to the homes of other parents, etc.. May as well just lock them up in their rooms. Now, if your a parent who believes "teenagers are going to have sex, so why get so bent." Well, having sex in a home when parents are home, or might be home at any time, is wrong. If you are so OK with your kids having sex or fooling around, then by all means allow the kids to have sex under your roof in your home. I understand my future kid might have sex as teenagers, but one thing I will not allow is for them to have sex under my roof if I am home. Just as I don't expect adults of teenagers to have sex when the kids are home, especially when teens are usually out doing things for an hour here, and hour there. To me, there is some respectable things to do. If I feel my teenager is having sex, I am not going to lock her in her room. I will hope she is honest and is using protection/birth control. I also will make her understand the dangers of getting caught in my home doing anything. She will likely have her blocks where she knows my wife and I will be gone for a pre-determined amount of time. As such, teens should use these times to deal with their hormones!!
    I have told her to practice safe sex and I have told her when it's time I will pay for birth control. I know my child is gonna have sex. I'm not a dumbass. Not in MY house and not yet. She is only 15. I hope she saves herself for her wedding day, or at least for a very serious relationship.
    Sorry if you don't feel the way I do.....but it is what it is
    IF you have sons......let me know when you have a 15 yr. old daughter!!!!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I have two kids, a boy and a girl. My girl is 19 and not yet pregnant, so I must have done something right. She works part-time and goes to college for nursing. She's a pretty young lady, and she's had boyfriends. I let her start dating when she was 16, and never had any problems. Has she had sex? Maybe. I don't know. Never in my house, I can tell you that. I taught her respect, so that hasn't been an issue.

I wonder how many he-men on this board would walk in on their son having sex with his teenage girlfriend and murder or kick the crap out of the girlfriend? Seems ridiculous, doesn't it? So why would you do the same to a teenage boy? Nice relationship booster there, pilgrim....beating the hell out of someone your daughter cares about, right in front of her, and sending the strong message that sex is evil and makes the Lord cry.

If your daughter is boffing boys in her bedroom, no amount of chest-thumping on your part is going to make up for your failure to instill respect for your house and family in your daughter. YOU can't say "no" for your 16 year old daughter when the boyfriend wants to mess around. SHE has to say no. If you kill or injure her boyfriend, you are taking vengeance for the affront to YOU, not protecting your daughter from a consensual decision that SHE made.

Too bad you don't have a daughter AND a son. Maybe you are the one without perspective.
    Maybe.....but it's my opinion. I have told my daughter to never try that in my house. She is a good girl.
    I was just trying to put myself in the shooter's shoes.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have told her to practice safe sex and I have told her when it's time I will pay for birth control. I know my child is gonna have sex. I'm not a dumbass. Not in MY house and not yet. She is only 15. I hope she saves herself for her wedding day, or at least for a very serious relationship.
    Sorry if you don't feel the way I do.....but it is what it is
    IF you have sons......let me know when you have a 15 yr. old daughter!!!!

You stated "I have a 15 year old girl...my only child....and if I came home from work and walked into this situation this fella would find himself waking up in a large pool of his own blood. No gun necessary."

So if your daughter goes over to a guys home, and she has sex, and a parent(s) walk in, you understand if one of those parents ends up causing your daughter to wake 'up in a large pool of her own blood?' Or are you the type that wants to always blame the guys in these situations? Sorry, but it is a two way street. If you actually smashed a guys face for having sex with your daughter in your home, you have to be open to having the parents of a son doing the same thing to your daughter if the circumstances were the same. I can't believe any parent would want any kid of theirs waking up in a pool of their own blood for getting caught having sex at their boyfriend's/girlfriend's home. Parents like you are why I would never allow my son over to your home. Don't worry, if your daughter was allowed to mine, and I caught them having sex, I wouldn't be making sure she was waking up in her own pool of blood. I would tell them to get dressed, then tell her she was not allowed on my property again. I guess if you want to dish out the blood letting when she got home, that would be up to you.

I can't believe people, gun owners no less, are here advocating physical violence for catching teenagers having consensual sex. Not only that, they are only advocating it against the non-relative half of the couple. "waking up in a large pool of his own blood." :nuts:

I wonder how many he-men on this board would walk in on their son having sex with his teenage girlfriend and murder or kick the crap out of the girlfriend? Seems ridiculous, doesn't it? So why would you do the same to a teenage boy? Nice relationship booster there, pilgrim....beating the hell out of someone your daughter cares about, right in front of her, and sending the strong message that sex is evil and makes the Lord cry.

Too bad you don't have a daughter AND a son. Maybe you are the one without perspective.

Well, when the father or mother of a son that catches their son and his daughter having sex go nuts causing his daughter to wake up in a pool of her own blood, maybe he will see the errors of his logic. Then again, maybe his view is that sex is so evil during the teen years, that a blood letting of his daughter for having sex with someone's son, in the parents house, is a justified response?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow, I'm sorry, but if I ever catch any of my three daughters having sex not only is the boy gonna regret it, but so is my daughters. I'm not gonna be a grandpa before I turn 35. It's just not gonna happen. We'll pay for birth control, I'll buy condoms, but if I catch them sneaking in a boy or catch them having sex in my house there will be hell to pay and while I may not shoot the poor bastard he's sure gonna wish I did. Especially if my daughter's not 16 and he's over 18!!!

Yes I remember being that age, it wasn't that long ago. But my daughters, before they turn 18, aren't allowed to date ANYONE without bringing them over first...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZl0DGkb0g]YouTube - Cleaning This Gun[/ame]

And for all you guys out there that aren't dads yet....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92WgY29uwY]YouTube - Rodney Atkins - Watching You Official Video[/ame]

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    :bs:

I cant believe how you spend so much time preaching personal accountability, and then defend attempted murder. Let's use a little logic here. Like it or not, trespassing or not, shooting this kid was entirely unnecessary. Murder is murder, whether or not you think it may be justified. Don't play the "threat" bs either. He's not a threat, he's there for fun :)

ROTFL, murder, eh?

So you spend so much time here preaching about your right to self defense and defense of your property and right to defend your property, the imorality of politicians and government officials you disagree with and then you defend an adult bedding a minor in deliberate defiance and in a man's own house.

Yeah, let's, let's use a little logic here...

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ROTFL, murder, eh?

So you spend so much time here preaching about your right to self defense and defense of your property and right to defend your property, the imorality of politicians and government officials you disagree with and then you defend an adult bedding a minor in deliberate defiance and in a man's own house.

Yeah, let's, let's use a little logic here...

16 years old is an adult. We need to stop treating 16 year olds like they are seven. Most have gone through puberty and most have a good grasp of the world around them. I find it funny that some here will say something about an "adult" (who was only 18, and thus could still be in high school) "bedding" a minor (who was 16, not nine) and this being all so sad for the "minor." However, turn it around that the "minor," pulls a gun and robs someone, or drives drunk, or causes damage to property, everyone wants to hang the "minor," '16 is old enough to fry!' '16 is old enough to know better!' '16 is old enough to do life in prison!' Well, why is 16 old enough to know better for crime, but not to decide to have sex? My grandfather was 17 when he joined the Navy, I think he lied, not sure.

Age is nothing more than the number of times someone has rode the planet Earth around the Sun. Why this number has any significant meaning applied to entire groups is beyond me. I think what should be more looked at in these cases is mental capacity, physical development vs. that of the other person. I am OK with age being used in some clear cut cases (ie: 14 years old vs mid 20s and beyond), but do we really want an 18 year old, shy, high school students to have to register as a sex offender for life because he finally clicked with a 15 year old sophomore and had sex with her?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    16 years old is an adult. We need to stop treating 16 year olds like they are seven. Most have gone through puberty and most have a good grasp of the world around them. I find it funny that some here will say something about an "adult" (who was only 18, and thus could still be in high school) "bedding" a minor (who was 16, not nine) and this being all so sad for the "minor." However, turn it around that the "minor," pulls a gun and robs someone, or drives drunk, or causes damage to property, everyone wants to hang the "minor," '16 is old enough to fry!' '16 is old enough to know better!' '16 is old enough to do life in prison!' Well, why is 16 old enough to know better for crime, but not to decide to have sex? My grandfather was 17 when he joined the Navy, I think he lied, not sure.

Age is nothing more than the number of times someone has rode the planet Earth around the Sun. Why this number has any significant meaning applied to entire groups is beyond me. I think what should be more looked at in these cases is mental capacity, physical development vs. that of the other person. I am OK with age being used in some clear cut cases (ie: 14 years old vs mid 20s and beyond), but do we really want an 18 year old, shy, high school students to have to register as a sex offender for life because he finally clicked with a 15 year old sophomore and had sex with her?

You and that mouse in your pocket can make the rules in your house, I make 'em in mine.

That's something to think about when people decide to go creeping around hopping in and out of beds in some one's house other than their own.

If they are lucky they can make the rest of those arguements in front of a judge about ages after they've been luring 14, 15, 16, 17 year old high school girls or boys in to their own home for sex or what ever.

I'd suggest you start wearing a cast iron cup.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Whoa now, you just threw in a whole different monster here.

It's one thing for the parents to kick some *** in this situation, but who in this thread EVER said anything about throwing the kid in jail for it? Did I miss something?

I don't think they should be thrown in jail, but they're going to get their arse handed to them if it's MY 15y/o. No if's and's or butt's about it!

And I think that you're right, a 16y/o who commits a violent crime should most certainly be held as an adult in court. Especially murder. No these little kids are ready to make the decision about sex because what happens when your little 13, 14, 15y/o has a baby? Who's going to be the one to take care of that kid? 9 times out of 10 it'll be grandma and grandpa while the (almost always) single mom has to work, or God forbid, wants to go party all the time and work on having number two or three or four.

No, MINOR'S are not capable of making an informed decision on sex because they HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A PARENT! Most kids that is. There are some that their PARENTS ARE DEADBEATS and make their kids raise the younger kids. We call those parents DOUCHEBAGS.

I'm 27 and when I was 23 I was NOT ready to be a parent. I can imagine what it would be like for a kid that's not even out of school. I've watched friends go through it.

By God, KIDS DON'T NEED TO BE HAVING SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Err, exclamation...)

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Nothing in IN law says its OK to kill or even beat up someone for having consensual sex with your minor teenagers. Those acts are ILLEGAL except under specifically defined situations (& underage sex isn't one of them unless it's rape)

Sure you can do it if it makes you feel better but you better be willing to pay the price. At that point you become no better than any other criminal who is guilty of murder or aggravated assault.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    It's one thing for the parents to kick some *** in this situation, but who in this thread EVER said anything about throwing the kid in jail for it? Did I miss something?

Well, I would rather have my son in jail then waking up in a "pool" of his own blood.

I don't think they should be thrown in jail, but they're going to get their arse handed to them if it's MY 15y/o. No if's and's or butt's about it!

As long as you are OK with it going both ways, mean if some guy's parents finds your daughter and their son, you are OK with the parents handing your daughter her "arse."

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I suppose it is probably better to allow them to have sex at a party with drugs and alcohol? Better there that in YOUR house.

If you don't find out about it, it never happened.

Don't know anyone on this board very well, but I find it really hard to believe that when you were a teenage boy that you weren't running around trying to screw every girl you meet.

You say you'll kick the boy's *** if you find him with your daughter, what happens when he's on the football team, wrestling team, or just big enough to kick your ***? Then you're going to want him charged with assault, because it was in your house? Or you're going to use that as your justification for shooting him?

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I know this is very different, but it relates because being a gun owner means knowing when to use it, and when not to use it. I walked in on gf (at the time....) i say cheating (making out and she had not shirt on) but she says no, (.....) anyways, i had my gun on me.....In first second after i realized what was going on, i thought about redecorating my wall to a nice red chunky color, but because i have always told myself to only use my gun when me or someone is in DANGER, i didn't shoot him.....although i do have a pretty big temper, and i kinda lost it and...well, he didn't goto the hospital but i saw him at a bar like 6 weeks ago and he ran out....

Top Bottom