• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I thought liberals were the only ones who let their emotions cloud their thinking. :rolleyes:

There sure are a lot of closet liberals coming out today. :D

...and that ladies and gentlemen is why the political lables liberal and conservative are totally meaningless.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So if your daughter goes over to a guys home, and she has sex, and a parent(s) walk in, you understand if one of those parents ends up causing your daughter to wake 'up in a large pool of her own blood?'

If ANY man lays a hand on my daughter they won't have an arse to have handed to them. NO MAN hits a woman. NO MAN. If you do, yep, I'll go to jail for that. I've risked it before, I'll do it again.

He never said Father he said parent, it could be the Mom who is beating your daughter to the point she wakes "up in a large pool of her own blood" Would you be fine with that situation?

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CONDONE MINORS HAVING SEX!!!!!!!!! Oh, here kids, have some condoms! Go screw like rabbits!! HAVE FUN! Oh, don't worry about STD's, those will be cured by our Dear Leaders' WONDERFUL Healthcare Plan! Oh, babies? Don't WORRY! We'll just make sure to put them on Medicaid while you go whore around some more! Mommy and Daddy will make sure to take REAL good care of your baby for you while you're away!

I don't condone minors having sex. But I'm not optimistic enough to believe in abstinence only education. Last year I damn near had a heart attack when I thought my son (14 at the time) might be screwing around. Luckily I was wrong (I hope). I settled down for a bit and then had a long talk with him. Including the dangers of STDs, pregnancy, what a pregnancy would do to his life (and hers), birth control (and effectiveness of them) etc etc. And that I would prefer and hope that he waits until he is much older and if he doesn't to please make sure to use protection and if he wants I will get it for him if needed. (no this wasn't the first talk I had with him on this subject but this one was much more detailed and graphic)

And is there really that much difference generally between a 16 and a 18 yr old having a kid? Chances are the parents of them are going to have to help out in either case, how many 18 yr olds do you know that are mature enough and ready and able to handle the responsibility and cost of raising a child on their own? About the only differences is they will have to help out for 2 years longer and the 16yr olds parents are usually forced by law to help . Please believe me when I say I am not bashing you here, but look at your own situation, you were iirc 23(?) when you had your first, and your living at your mother in laws. Again I'm not bashing you, I had a similar experience myself only we stayed at my moms place.

Now, that said, I do not condone murder, but I do think it's ok to beat the living hell out of any person that is over 18 coming into my home against my wishes having sex with my daughters. 16 is very close to that line where it shouldn't matter, but IT STILL MATTERS. They are not an adult either by law or morals. Especially if the girl is younger than 16 it's not right. If my daughter hasn't been emancipated she is NOT fair game and any guy treating her as such will have a VERY bad day when they come into my home.

According to IN law 16 is an adult when it comes to sex. Morally hopefully different.

There is only ONE circumstance where I would ever allow an 18y/o to date my underage (AT LEAST 16) daughter. If they could show that it was truly love and they'd been dating since long before he turned 18. That would show it's not just about sex and it's actually about love. Maybe it'll last, maybe it won't, but it shows that it's something with substance and not just lust. And by God, if he gets her pregnant, he's going to be there for that child whether they stay together or not. If he leaves her I'll hound him until the day I die if he try's to shurk his responsibilities.

Think about what you just posted there, its okay for a 17yr old to start dating your 15yr old daughter, or 16yr old to start dating your 14 yr old daughter, but its not okay for a 18 yr old to start dating your 16 yr old daughter? What is so magical about turning 18 that changes a 2 year difference in age? And please don't say that a 18yr old wants sex any more than a 16 or 17 yr old. We're both guys and we both know that's not true.

And for the posters here that say beat the crap out of the person doing your daughter, what if the other partner is also female? Still go for the 9 iron? I ask this because I know someone that happened to, daughter I think about 16 had a friend who was about 18 over who was going to spend the night, mom walked in to find out if they wanted a snack and found out they allready had one :laugh:. Is it the fact that someone is defiling your 16yr old little girl, or the fact that she could get pregnant from it, or .....? And what if you walk in on your 18 yr old son doing 16 yr old Maryjane rotten crotch from down the street? Are you going to take the 9 iron to him also?

:popcorn:

And just in case IBTL

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't condone minors having sex. But I'm not optimistic enough to believe in abstinence only education. Last year I damn near had a heart attack when I thought my son (14 at the time) might be screwing around. Luckily I was wrong (I hope). I settled down for a bit and then had a long talk with him. Including the dangers of STDs, pregnancy, what a pregnancy would do to his life (and hers), birth control (and effectiveness of them) etc etc. And that I would prefer and hope that he waits until he is much older and if he doesn't to please make sure to use protection and if he wants I will get it for him if needed. (no this wasn't the first talk I had with him on this subject but this one was much more detailed and graphic)

And is there really that much difference generally between a 16 and a 18 yr old having a kid? Chances are the parents of them are going to have to help out in either case, how many 18 yr olds do you know that are mature enough and ready and able to handle the responsibility and cost of raising a child on their own? About the only differences is they will have to help out for 2 years longer and the 16yr olds parents are usually forced by law to help . Please believe me when I say I am not bashing you here, but look at your own situation, you were iirc 23(?) when you had your first, and your living at your mother in laws. Again I'm not bashing you, I had a similar experience myself only we stayed at my moms place.

Think about what you just posted there, its okay for a 17yr old to start dating your 15yr old daughter, or 16yr old to start dating your 14 yr old daughter, but its not okay for a 18 yr old to start dating your 16 yr old daughter? What is so magical about turning 18 that changes a 2 year difference in age? And please don't say that a 18yr old wants sex any more than a 16 or 17 yr old. We're both guys and we both know that's not true.

And for the posters here that say beat the crap out of the person doing your daughter, what if the other partner is also female? Still go for the 9 iron? I ask this because I know someone that happened to, daughter I think about 16 had a friend who was about 18 over who was going to spend the night, mom walked in to find out if they wanted a snack and found out they allready had one :laugh:. Is it the fact that someone is defiling your 16yr old little girl, or the fact that she could get pregnant from it, or .....? And what if you walk in on your 18 yr old son doing 16 yr old Mary jane rotten crotch from down the street? Are you going to take the 9 iron to him also?

:popcorn:

And just in case IBTL

Yes, there is a difference between an 18y/o with a 16y/o and a 17y/o and a 15y/o. The law. Beyond the law, there are things like morals, responsibility, intelligence, maturity, drug use, are they just "screwing around" or are they "in love". There's MANY factors involved. On top of which is the fact that they are my daughters. They may well always be my daughters, but they live in my house under my rules and unlike these hormone raging teenage boys, I have a moral compass now. Yes I remember what it was like and yes I did some stupid stuff at that age. But I also remember I was hanging out with guys who cared nothing for the girl just what they could get from them. They'd "love 'em and leave 'em". I was looking for love. albeit in all the wrong places, but that's what I was looking for. I never but twice slept with a girl that I wasn't in love with. Which brings us back to the discussion at hand...

And for the record, I live at my mom's. If we lived at her mom's, either her mom would be dead and I in jail or me dead and her in jail. Long story, aint discussing it here. Yes there is a difference if they are 18 instead of 16 if they DO have a kid. I'll be more than happy to help out if they plan on staying together and at 18 they can BOTH get better paying jobs than if they were 16 and restricted on where and when they can work. Plus there is the issue of school. Do they finish or drop out? Oh, but if they are 18 chances are they won't have to worry about that. Then there's the issue of day care. Me having 4 kids, two of whom are in school, day care is my biggest obstacle in finding a good job. Most jobs are day jobs. My wife works a good day job, but not THAT good. I could get a day job, but it would just BARELY cover day care costs. I'm better off being what I am. Daddy Day Care. Luckily, a couple 18 y/o's don't have this problem. And in 8 years, I'd be more than happy to help my daughter with day care if she needed it. So no reason they BOTH couldn't work.

Can't worry about that with a 16y/o. 16y/o can only get :poop: jobs that usually don't pay hardly anything plus they have school. I won't let my kids drop out for any reason. I made that mistake. Not letting them do it.

Now, to better address your statement about 18 or 17 being a magical number/age... It has nothing to do so much with legality as it does the fact that they are my daughters. They'll be lucky if I let them date before they turn 18 let alone go very many places with friends. My oldest daughter is 10 with the maturity level of a 4y/o about 70% of the time. And that's not an exaggeration. I know where it stems from and there's only so much I can do about it. My 8y/o is a typical 8y/o, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about this with her because she's our little angel of the house. When she's not being a whinny little punk! :): My 5y/o is the wild card. She's me through and through and that scares the hell outta me!

It's all about the maturity of the two doing the deed to know how to react to the situation.

If they are truly in love and are being safe and I know it's been going on, but they're responsible (or as close as they can be at that age), then so be it.

But if my daughter's being (I hate to say this about my own daughter but...) a little skank and the boy is some punk young adult... I'd probably fly off the handle.

I'd NEVER do what this idiot in the OP did, but I can't say I wouldn't beat the crap outta the kid.

If my daughters doing another girl... :dunno: I'd probably throw the other girl out and have a LONG talk with my daughter. If my 18y/o son is doing 16y/o Mary Jane Rottencrotch down the road, she's getting thrown out and my son's getting a belt followed by a drive to meet guys who can never have a family or my old friend I used to know who can never attend his son's football games because he was tricked by a 17y/o.

All it takes is for daddy to get mad at the girl and the girl cry rape. And if my daughters TRY to do that to some boy in fear of what I'll do I'd probably WANT to disown them but stop short of doing so.

Ok.

Now is my position pretty crystal clear yet? I don't think I can explain it better. But I'm sure SOMEONE will come up with a question about SOMETHING I didn't think of and I'll probably spend another 15mins typing up ANOTHER post that no one else gives a rats patooty about.... :laugh:

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    Everyone can sit at there puters & say I would do this or that but until you see the cat in the act you really don't know what you would do.
    And I sure as hell hope you never have to find out.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    If you want your son, or you assume your son, is going to be having sex with other people's kids, then by all means, tell your son to bring over his dates and do his deed in the safety of his (your) own home. I don't think the response was the correct one, but funny how no one here has advocated telling their sons to bring the girls to your own home for their fun.
    You missed my point completely. I wasn't addressing the propriety of teenagers having sex - I have no interest in that discussion whatsoever. (If I did, I'd go to INteensex.com or something, not INGO) I was pointing out the obvious fact that this was not a legally justified use of deadly force. And folks fabricating additional facts about "trespassing" (which this wasn't) or the "morallity" of what the kids were doing doesn't change that equation the least little bit.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I think it was Chris Rock who did a stand up bit in the 90's about the phrase... "Now, I'm not saying what s/he did was right... but I understand...!" and then smiled real big at whatever anecdotal example he provided to the punch line.

So, when I hear this story... I'm not saying what the dad did was right in the legal sense... but let's just say that I understand. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Everyone can sit at there puters & say I would do this or that but until you see the cat in the act you really don't know what you would do.

I think I alluded to the first part of your post a couple times, but Amen to that! I'll rep you when I get more rep to hand out! :D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, there is a difference between an 18y/o with a 16y/o and a 17y/o and a 15y/o. The law.

There is no difference in IN law, 18(or over) with a 16 yr old is legal and so is a 17yr old with a 15 yr old. With a couple of exceptions such as if the person who is 18 has a position of authority over the 16 yr old. ie teacher/boss/etc.
    Indiana Code 35-42-4

Beyond the law, there are things like morals, responsibility, intelligence, maturity, drug use, are they just "screwing around" or are they "in love". There's MANY factors involved. On top of which is the fact that they are my daughters. They may well always be my daughters, but they live in my house under my rules and unlike these hormone raging teenage boys, I have a moral compass now.

How many of those are going to change very much just because the person turned 18?

And for the record, I live at my mom's. If we lived at her mom's, either her mom would be dead and I in jail or me dead and her in jail. Long story, aint discussing it here. Yes there is a difference if they are 18 instead of 16 if they DO have a kid. I'll be more than happy to help out if they plan on staying together and at 18 they can BOTH get better paying jobs than if they were 16 and restricted on where and when they can work. Plus there is the issue of school. Do they finish or drop out? Oh, but if they are 18 chances are they won't have to worry about that. Then there's the issue of day care. Me having 4 kids, two of whom are in school, day care is my biggest obstacle in finding a good job. Most jobs are day jobs. My wife works a good day job, but not THAT good. I could get a day job, but it would just BARELY cover day care costs. I'm better off being what I am. Daddy Day Care. Luckily, a couple 18 y/o's don't have this problem. And in 8 years, I'd be more than happy to help my daughter with day care if she needed it. So no reason they BOTH couldn't work.

Yes there is the school issue, and yes they won't have the same earning power. Which is why I said the parents would have to help out for 2 more years. And like I said I wasn't bashing your situation, as I said I've been in a similar one myself.

Now, to better address your statement about 18 or 17 being a magical number/age... It has nothing to do so much with legality as it does the fact that they are my daughters. They'll be lucky if I let them date before they turn 18 let alone go very many places with friends. My oldest daughter is 10 with the maturity level of a 4y/o about 70% of the time. And that's not an exaggeration. I know where it stems from and there's only so much I can do about it. My 8y/o is a typical 8y/o, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about this with her because she's our little angel of the house. When she's not being a whinny little punk! :): My 5y/o is the wild card. She's me through and through and that scares the hell outta me!

Yep their your children, and you have the right to raise them how you see fit, I'm not arguing that.

It's all about the maturity of the two doing the deed to know how to react to the situation.

If they are truly in love and are being safe and I know it's been going on, but they're responsible (or as close as they can be at that age), then so be it.

I'd NEVER do what this idiot in the OP did, but I can't say I wouldn't beat the crap outta the kid.
    :dunno:

I agree with all of the above. Including that I can't say I wouldn't beat the crap out of the kid if I caught them.

If my 18y/o son is doing 16y/o Mary Jane Rottencrotch down the road, she's getting thrown out and my son's getting a belt followed by a drive to meet guys who can never have a family or my old friend I used to know who can never attend his son's football games because he was tricked by a 17y/o.

All it takes is for daddy to get mad at the girl and the girl cry rape. And if my daughters TRY to do that to some boy in fear of what I'll do I'd probably WANT to disown them but stop short of doing so.

I assume that's what happened to your friend, the girl didn't want to get in trouble so she cried rape, or the dad made her. Can I ask how the 17yr old tricked him?

Now is my position pretty crystal clear yet? I don't think I can explain it better. But I'm sure SOMEONE will come up with a question about SOMETHING I didn't think of and I'll probably spend another 15mins typing up ANOTHER post that no one else gives a rats patooty about.... :laugh:

Your position was clear before, I was just asking to find out the reasoning behind your position.

Agreed on both counts.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How many of those are going to change very much just because the person turned 18?

None, but I was refering to both parties. I should have specified. I'm bad about that. :):

Yes there is the school issue, and yes they won't have the same earning power. Which is why I said the parents would have to help out for 2 more years. And like I said I wasn't bashing your situation, as I said I've been in a similar one myself.

Which is why it's not good for minors to be having babies because they are still dependent upon someone else to survive. I know you weren't bashing, I was just ranting.

I assume that's what happened to your friend, the girl didn't want to get in trouble so she cried rape, or the dad made her. Can I ask how the 17yr old tricked him?

Yep, pretty much. She said she was 22, used her sister's ID to get into the bar, he took her "home" and mommy and daddy came home early. Just another good reason to either NOT sleep with someone you just met or at least be nosey and find some mail with the address on it to see who actually owns the home! :thumbsup: Save yourself a LOT of trouble. Tail is not as important as your freedom. There's always Rosey and her 5 friends!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It all comes down to what the dad knew in that moment.

If he opened the door and saw that kid that he has run off times before, then he is toast.

If he opened the door and saw someone raping his teen, running for his gun and engaging is not out of the realm of possibilities and is often the kind of talk I see on gun forums.

It is all what he saw in that moment.

Top Bottom