So if you shoot a hole in wall or ceiling.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If I had an A.D., I'd have to tell the wife. Has has yet to explan the need to create a 2nd garage door using my car. Home and Auto insurance company probably asked the same question.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No AD's, but I've put some holes in the walls at work.

1. Tried my miniture .50 cal canon I just made inside the building. It was much to light for the load I packed in it. It blew back so hard it flew into the dry wall surrounding our shipping room and busted a hole about 4" x 6". Luckily I was using tootsie rolls as projectiles so no hole from that. We had a shelf in front of the hole with some boxes on it. No one has noticed yet.

2. Tried my .25 cal "hand canon" I just made inside the building (I didn't learn the first time :D). Put it in a vice on the floor and fired a 1/4" ball bearing into a stack of folded up boxes, no problem. Then I tried holding it and firing it as a pistol. I had one of the other guys set up a target for me and it wasn't nearly as dense as the stack of boxes. The ball bearing went clean through and made it through the inner layer of the metal siding. The second outside layer of metal siding stopped it, but split it open a bit. Luckily they put a big shelving unit in front of it and it was never noticed.

3. We used to shoot our bows in the shop and we had 20 and 30 yard marks set up to shoot from. I decided to go as far as I could back and see where my bow was shooting, it was around 45-50 yards. My first shot was low so I just held over a bit, apparently I held over a little too far. My arrow sailed over the target and hit the wall. It went through the first layer of metal siding, luckily it stopped there. The hole was literally less then 6" from my "hand canon" hole. The same shelves as above hid it.

I had a buddy who shot a hole in his wall at his house with his .22, we'll see if he shows up in this thread. :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No AD's, but I've put some holes in the walls at work.

1. Tried my miniture .50 cal canon I just made inside the building. It was much to light for the load I packed in it. It blew back so hard it flew into the dry wall surrounding our shipping room and busted a hole about 4" x 6". Luckily I was using tootsie rolls as projectiles so no hole from that. We had a shelf in front of the hole with some boxes on it. No one has noticed yet.

2. Tried my .25 cal "hand canon" I just made inside the building (I didn't learn the first time :D). Put it in a vice on the floor and fired a 1/4" ball bearing into a stack of folded up boxes, no problem. Then I tried holding it and firing it as a pistol. I had one of the other guys set up a target for me and it wasn't nearly as dense as the stack of boxes. The ball bearing went clean through and made it through the inner layer of the metal siding. The second outside layer of metal siding stopped it, but split it open a bit. Luckily they put a big shelving unit in front of it and it was never noticed.

3. We used to shoot our bows in the shop and we had 20 and 30 yard marks set up to shoot from. I decided to go as far as I could back and see where my bow was shooting, it was around 45-50 yards. My first shot was low so I just held over a bit, apparently I held over a little too far. My arrow sailed over the target and hit the wall. It went through the first layer of metal siding, luckily it stopped there. The hole was literally less then 6" from my "hand canon" hole. The same shelves as above hid it.

I had a buddy who shot a hole in his wall at his house with his .22, we'll see if he shows up in this thread. :D

You better quit, sound like your running out of shelves and boxes. :laugh:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I had a similar experience with a .22 cal. pistol. Luckily. no one was injured. The round went through a kitchen cabinet door in the double I was renting with a girlfriend. If the bullet had not embeded itself in a 2x4 stud in the dividing wall of the two seperate apts. I suspect I would have had to explain the incident to L.E. I got away with just making the bullet hole look like a knot in the wood with matching putty and a marker. Did I tell anyone?...................Yes, just now.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    A few years back a buddy of mine's younger brother wanted me to take him coyote hunting. He didn't have a rifle so he went to borrow his dads sks. I was waiting outside for him when i heard a shot. I don't know how it happened (afraid to ask) but the shot went through the 2nd story floor, exterior wall and came to rest in the A/C unit. He told me he didn't know the gun was loaded????? Long story short, we didn't go hunting that day, instead he sat through a gun safety lecture from his dad and I. Main topic was ALWAYS treat a gun as if it were loaded..... Since that day, he is adamant about gun safety.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I didn't shoot a hole in the ceiling or wall, but I was cycling my Mossy 500 one handed (after I made sure there were no shells in the magazine) and stuck the muzzle right through a low ceiling. My wife thought I shot a hole in it, until I showed her that it was not all the way through!

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    if the old lady is anything like mine, and doesnt like me haveing guns anyway, definatly dont tell her. for me that would be the end of it. she would never stop with the "WHAT IF" speech.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Didn't actually AD, but while cleaning my 1911A, the front bushing that holds the plug and recoil spring came out without me holding on and slammed into the kitchen wall with enough force to dent the wall, and leave a greasy spot on the paint. When I attempted to clean the spot it grew to a 1 in spot from a 1/4 in spot. I spackled the dent/spot area, and wifey never noticed. 3 or 4 yrs later she noticed when painting the kitchen, and my best friend(my 8 yr old son) announced that that occured when his toy truck flew off the table due to who he thought was a ghost! We had a laugh and it stopped that day. he is 18 now and gives me the nod now and then. Paranormal does work in a pinch.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I had one AD while i was in college. I was cleaning my squirrel rifle in the living room. Dont ask why cause I know better but i pulled the trigger after jacking the slid back several times.
    Bang! Right through the ceiling. I never told my room mates and I always look in the chamber now no matter what

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    i don't feel the need to lie to my wife. if i did i wouldnt have married her.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I had one AD while i was in college. I was cleaning my squirrel rifle in the living room. Dont ask why cause I know better but i pulled the trigger after jacking the slid back several times.
    Bang! Right through the ceiling. I never told my room mates and I always look in the chamber now no matter what

Why were you cleaning a loaded rifle? And if you racked the slide back a few time, did you not notice the shells being ejected out of the chamber?

Top Bottom