So if you shoot a hole in wall or ceiling.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I Killed a dish network receiver once with a glock!! no way around it tell her you will feel better in the end! Oh and How I told her!! She asked what was wrong with the receiver? I told her it was shot!!!! :D

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My dad did this at least once. It was sometime before '91, still in IL. He blew a hole in the wall with his .38 and it was stopped by this framed engraving thing made of ivory or something. There were also a couple holes in the ceiling of the same room, but I don't know or remember if they were from gunshots.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    We had a guy ND a 590 when i was in the Corps. Same problem, dirty bolt, stuck firing pin, slam fire. Nearly took off a buddy's head. Blew a nice buckshot hole in a chalkboard at a sentry post.
    Buddy walked with nothing but powder burns to his face. The guy screwing around with his shotgun while on duty......:facepalm: OTH discharge.
    It wasn't the first time he'd been a tool.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With all that work to cover it up, I hope you didn't put your soiled drawers in the with the laundry. She'll know somethings up then.:laugh:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    was unloadin' my Henry 22mag and it went off (about s%$t myself!!!)and shot a hole through the roof of our trailer....got up on the roof and caulked the hole...girlfriend didn't see it till 4 years later when she was paintin' the ceiling.....i got away with it for 4 years!!!...lol

now everything is out of the pipe before comin' in....

when i was 15 me and a buddy traded a 20g single shot for a 12g single shot never checked if it was loaded and blew the leg off his dresser drawers and about gave his mom a heart attack....wasn't no secret to keep.....

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I did once when I was a kid. Fixing a friend's .22, cycled it several times and visually inspected the chamber.

Closed it one last time, dry fired it once to try it out, and *bang* through my room's windowsill.

Thank God for old farmhouses with thick walls.

I told my mom about it a few years later - after I'd moved out.

To this day, I do not like tubular magazines.

Josh

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I know a guy that was cleaning his muzzleloader and it went off. The sabot went completely through his wifes most valuable possesion....her yappy poodle mix. He couldnt tell her what happened so he cleaned the crime scene and placed the dog in the street and ran over it. When she came home, she "discovered" it. She was very upset but had a very loving husband that held her and comforted her while she mourned.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I know a guy that was cleaning his muzzleloader and it went off. The sabot went completely through his wifes most valuable possesion....her yappy poodle mix. He couldnt tell her what happened so he cleaned the crime scene and placed the dog in the street and ran over it. When she came home, she "discovered" it. She was very upset but had a very loving husband that held her and comforted her while she mourned.

That sounds more like "solving the problem" than an accident. I'd wager "it went off" when he aimed it at the poodle, exhaled slightly and sqeeeeeeeeezed......

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Meh...I would just tell her. Nobody has asked this yet but how old is your son? If young you just taught him a poor lesson if old then he already should know right from wrong and it's ok for dad's and their sons to have secrets that they don't tell mom about, but if he's young it could come back to bite you in the *** someday when he hides something from you.....just food for thought.

Can't say I have ever shought a bullet through a wall but between my dad brother and I we have shot several arrows through walls over the years, guess that's what happens when you have a make shift indoor shooting range for bow.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    What about if you accidentally fired the shot in front of your wife?

A friend of mine did this the other day. Fortunately nobody was hurt and it was a lesson learned in safety.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

I'm just lazy like that. :cool:
    Made me laugh out loud.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    OK I thought the curling iron idea was funny, but this is funnier. (At least in my warped sense of humor.)

Oh and my answer is three words. Deny, deny deny.

However, the kid knows and that will never do. You need to send him to some sort of boarding school ASAP.
    I've come to the conclusion that in order to keep a secret you should tell no one but your very best friend that you can trust and no one else. Then secondly you should shoot your friend dead. This because most people have to tell at least on person their business, but the reality is no matter how good a friend things leak and the only way to really keep a secret is to not tell anyone.

Now to all the people who take life too seriously, of course I'm kidding! By the way, if you are taking my words seriously, I have a secret to tell you.......

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Slam fire incident with a shotgun I got this weekend ,finger off trigger, safety was on, racked one into the chamber and BOOM!!! new hole in the wall ,paid off my son to be quiet ,patched hole,painted entire wall ,no more hole .Now that Ive spilled my dirty little secret no one tells mrs. drgnrobo .....This stays in the vault.

Smooooooooooooooooooth operator! :):

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

So, when did you get your wife another poodle mix? :)::D:laugh:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

Rep'd, and billed for a keyboard cleaning.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County

This might be the greatest thing ever written!!

I If she dont notice I would do the same. Just wait a few years so maybe then she will get a laugh out of it.

Top Bottom