So if you shoot a hole in wall or ceiling.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Can't say... Wife will find out...
    The wife would notice. You're talking about a girl who can tell the difference between off-white, beige, cream, eggshell and ivory... a girl who can pick the exact shade of primer white on the walls at home from a gallery of white samples at a paint store on the first try. No way you could cover a hole in the wall or ceiling without me finding out about it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Dude, your firearms safety totally sucks! It's not the Mossburg, you suck!
    There. Now you've been officially spanked. Gotta tell you, though, I'm thinking three things.
    1. One more lesson in safety from a close call. Safety safety safety.
    2. That's the funniest thing I've seen all week! I feel for ya, having to "hide the evidence". :)
    3. Like above, if she asks if you shot the house, do not lie. Otherwise, take it to the grave! Are you kiddin' me? To the grave!!

Here's to safer and quieter days... (Maybe your hearing will return to normal in a few days..)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Dude, your firearms safety totally sucks! It's not the Mossburg, you suck!

How? sounds like he followed the rules and had a malfunction. The safety was ON, his finger was OFF the trigger, and the gun was pointed in a safe direction.

Slam fire incident with a shotgun I got this weekend ,finger off trigger, safety was on, racked one into the chamber and BOOM!!!

The only mistake I see was loading a USED firearm without tearing it down and cleaning it thoroughly. :dunno:

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Well I don't have to tell her as she was the one who did it. We had been to the range just got home and it was time to clean her G17 she when strip it down and cleared the chamber before dropping the mag. Pulled the trigger and Kaboom!!!

Morale to the story she at least paid attention to the lesson on pointing in a safe direction. Killed the floor but no big issue.

Now for telling on me. Was emptying my 870 for a cleaning thought I had all shells out pulled trigger, no Kaboom, but when I racked it out flew a shell. What are the odds I had a fail to fire on an almost accidental discharge?

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    243, through a hardwood entertainment center and two layers of drywall. Came out in a corner, skipped off the third layer of drywall and disintegrated.

IMG_4866.jpg

sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    in denial
    Great thread. LMAO throughout the entire thing. Glad everything turned out alright and everyone was safe. Good luck man. And for future reference there is a thing called quickset mud that dries in 15 minutes. Great for quick fixes!

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    I know a guy that was cleaning his muzzleloader and it went off. The sabot went completely through his wifes most valuable possesion....her yappy poodle mix. He couldnt tell her what happened so he cleaned the crime scene and placed the dog in the street and ran over it. When she came home, she "discovered" it. She was very upset but had a very loving husband that held her and comforted her while she mourned.

Is that what happened to your wife's dog last year???

sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    in denial
    Reminds me of a hilarious story a buddy of mine in the marine corps never lived down. Leaving FOB Echo in Najaf, Iraq he was in the turret seat. He wasn't thinking and laid the belt across the feed tray of his saw and tried to slowly walk the bolt home. The weapon was pointed in a safe direction lucky as he ripped of a string of about 5 rounds. We had to radio back to camp and let them know we were just test firing prior to our patrol.....ol dave, er, I mean "test fire" never lived that one down.

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I know a guy that was cleaning his muzzleloader and it went off. The sabot went completely through his wifes most valuable possesion....her yappy poodle mix. He couldnt tell her what happened so he cleaned the crime scene and placed the dog in the street and ran over it. When she came home, she "discovered" it. She was very upset but had a very loving husband that held her and comforted her while she mourned.

Holy crap...that's just wrong:):

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    Brilliant

I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

I'm just lazy like that. :cool:

One of the most brilliant things i have ever read.:bowdown:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Am I the only one that is a bit creeped out by all the accidental discharges that are rising to the surface around here. It's a great motivation to keep me in check. .....As far as the wife goes, I tell my wife everything. Hiding something will either pre-occupy your mind or bite you in the *** later. I am a firm believer that honesty is the best policy......no matter what the circumstance.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Glad to hear that no one was injured in the AD. Now as for lying to the wife, I wouldn't but that's just me. You married her cuz you trusted her right? Plus as has been mentioned before you'd be doing your son an injustice by asking him to help cover it up. Come clean and everyone will sleep better because as she probably already knows and is just waiting!

Ok time to get off my:soapbox:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    between my dad brother and I we have shot several arrows through walls over the years, guess that's what happens when you have a make shift indoor shooting range for bow.

Ha!! When I read the first half of that sentence, I was asking myself "how the heck to you have an ND with a bow and arrow?"

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The wife would notice. You're talking about a girl who can tell the difference between off-white, beige, cream, eggshell and ivory... a girl who can pick the exact shade of primer white on the walls at home from a gallery of white samples at a paint store on the first try. No way you could cover a hole in the wall or ceiling without me finding out about it.

I take you've never wondered why he suddenly decided to paint the whole room, "just because I like this color better?" :D

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I feel better knowing that Im not the only one to have done this and I have paint of every color of all my rooms in my house,Pays to be in the const. trades :):

Top Bottom