So if you shoot a hole in wall or ceiling.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm assuming there was one in the chamber the extractor wasn't grabbing, hence the need to visually/physically inspect the chamber, not just rack the slide.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    BTDT, shot a mouse with a .22 pistol one night. Xwife was at her moms out of state, I was watching a movie and saw the little bugger run along the floor behind the couch so I grabbed my pistol and waited for him. Next time he showed his furry little face I got him with the first shot! Oh yeah, I got the 3/4" water line running up the inside of the wall also! "damnedest thing honey, the waterline burst while I was watching t.v. the other night!!!". Good thing I was awake when it happened or it could have been a real mess!!! I got outed a few days later when she found residual mouse goo on the carpet:shoot:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    No spouse or GF but I almost blew a hole through my apartment wall yesterday! :D I forgot i popped the clip in and I started to field strip the gun, I realized something wasn't right when a round slid into the chamber!

SD45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Hell.....i had a co-worker who shot himself in the leg with a 9mm Glock and never told his wife. He was a farmer then and after he went to the ER he told her that a piece of rebar had impaled is leg while working on a structure....she never found out

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    No such thing as an accidental discharge.

Negligent Discharge. You're responsible for every round. :)
    I fully disagree with this statement. There are such things as AD's and ND's, and the two are mutually exclusive. An AD would be a discharge resulting from some type of mechanical failure in which the operator did nothing wrong.

I've had an AD. While loading my AR to go hunting, I dropped a single round in the chamber (so I wouldn't have to load from the mag, then top the mag off) and it discharged. It was of no fault of mine that it discharged, and it was pointed in a safe direction. I figure it was a combination of circumstances that led to the discharge, but the main culprit was a small burr on the bolt face around the firing pin hole. I think the combination of the burr, and dropping the bolt on a single round caused the AD. The burr was promptly taken care of.

KahrFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Speedway
    When I was a little boy, my great grandfather was fiddling with his shotgun in the living room. It was pointed towards the floor. (He lived on the Southeast side of Indianapolis...and used this gun to shoot the squirrels that ate his tomatoes:)) He even said it wasn't loaded, and the next thing you know-*boom*. He had a lovely nickel sized hole in the floor. The shot just spread around the basement and didn't hit anything important :)

Top Bottom