So if you shoot a hole in wall or ceiling.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    15-20 years ago I purchased a new 20 gauge semi auto. I seemed to cycle stiff and I was oiling it and trying to get it to cycle more smoothly. I put a pair of shells in, pulled and dropped the bolt, double slam fire full auto and 2 holes in the ceiling and roof. Yep told most everyone I knew about it. I guess the reason I told everyone was as a safety leson that I learned the hard way and I was really thankful that I had the thing pointed straight up as my son was sitting about 4' away at the time.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I put a hole in the stone driveway at a co-worker's house once... does that count?

I had a "slam fire" while loading up to go deer hunting. The gun was safely pointed at the stone driveway about 6-8 feet away.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    :D

Ok, I will admit to the fact that I did do this, and I am not ahppy about it. This happened about 11 years ago, when my wife and I were engaged. I took my 1911 out of the holster, press checked for a round, and tossed it on the bed, it went off. Yes, it went off. I still to this day am not sure how, but I think my finger hit the trigger. Scared the crap out of both of us, and the wife and my pup were in the other room.

MOral to the story, don't be dumb with a gun, I could have killed someone, or myself.

So, yes, I would tell her.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i would make up an outrageous story about burglars with guns and me fending them off with my bare hands after narrowly avoiding being shot. at least 4 or 5 burglars.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Am I the only one that is a bit creeped out by all the accidental discharges that are rising to the surface around here. It's a great motivation to keep me in check. .....As far as the wife goes, I tell my wife everything. Hiding something will either pre-occupy your mind or bite you in the *** later. I am a firm believer that honesty is the best policy......no matter what the circumstance.

How would you like to be their neighbor in the apartment next door while they "practice" trigger control with a dime on the sight or with snap caps and a few quick draws in front of the mirror on the other side of the wall your mirror is on?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Heck no I wouldn't tell him. He'd make me sell my guns since he doesn't care for them anyhow. lol

btw...so far, no accidental discharges here. KNOCK ON WOOD.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Just how far does that hole in the ceiling go?
    You may be able to hide it....until this snow melts and water starts pouring in.
    Also...any wires behind that hole?
    Might be worth a second check.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

I'm just lazy like that. :cool:

:)::D Stop!! I have to stop laughing so I can get my work done!!!

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    I wouldn't even patch the hole. I'd find something of hers that fit the new hole (like a curling iron) and stick it in there.
    Then I'd grill her for an explanation of exactly what happened. When she appeared baffled, I'd quickly throw my hands in the air and walk away shaking my head and muttering something about "pure friggin magic."

I'm just lazy like that. :cool:

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :D Best line on this thread. WIN!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Hide it!!! Reminds me of when I was a kid and my BB gun richoceted and when through a window inthe house. I tried to patch it with seran wrap and super glue. yeah that only passed for about 4 days, and my allowance was gone for the next few months.

And this remionds me of me being a kid, my brother and I (he was in 6th grade or so and I was in 8th grade or so) had loaded up an old Winchester my grandpa gave us, it had a mag and we put some birdshot in it we had to go shoot at whatever we saw by the pond at the farm. Anyway long story short phone rang I answered it brother pulled the mag out and pulled the trigger standing in the door way of the kitchen. The birdshot went into my mom's pride and joy kitchen hutch, the wall and a picture frame. We cleaned up the picture glass put the picture back in the frame slid the hutch over to cover the wall and put a medium brown shoe polish on a rag and wiped it over the hutch to fill the holes... the shoe polish matched close enough no one ever noticed.Mom cleaned the hutch numerous times through the years and the shoe polish would come out in small does blending with the dust unnoticed. We sold our family farm when I was 18 and while moving the stuff from the farm house to whereever we wound up moving my parents found the spot on the wall, we finally came clean years later (we both lived away from home at that point) as to what happened and we all had a good laugh about it, I was happy the parental statute of limitations had ran out.

Oh yeah and no fix the hole and mark inservice.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    i would tell her. but then make her sit down and read some of the replies on here. she will laugh. my girlfriend thought the poodle was funny and she is a tree huger!!! and as far as the accidental discharge goes. everyone will have it happen at least once in their life. not nesicarily in the house but it will happen....

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Keep silent? I didn't have a choice. The sound of the 22mag rifle going off woke everyone in the house! Through the lamp, through the wall and into the headboard of my brothers bed where he lay asleep. Hole was never repaired as a reminder to us kids what can happen when big game hunting in the bedroom!

Top Bottom