• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Im actually looking forward to using my snowblower. At the end of the season last year I replaced the crap plastic slides that wear down quickly with metal slides that include a metal roller in the center. I was having to adjust it every year due to wear on those plastic slides. After all I was pretty much running them along a rasp every time I used them. So they didnt last long.

The great thing is before to get it into the minibarn I'd have to tilt it back, set the end on the floor, lift the rear and then walk it into the barn until I could get the wheels on the floor. Now I just lift the back and push and it rolls right in.
    I love running the thrower. We have several aging folks around us in the new house. I've been helping keep their driveways clear, (along with some other younger neighbors) and our own drive. I'm even making some paths for the little dog to go around in and do his thing.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Some people are too stupid to live. White vehicle, no lights. On my ass like I'm wanting some. Taught a guy a lesson for clearing his drive into a plowed street. If he gets dug out tonight I'll be shocked.
    I do not throw snow from my driveway into a cleared street, except...

When my driveway is cleared and a plow comes by and seals it off at the curb with a foot of snow and slush, back out into the street it goes, from whence it came.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Need/want to make a trip from Indy northside to South Bend, right up 31. Full size Suburban.

Go for it? Crazy, go home?

Boys, we are getting soft. I am now cruising clear nearly dry roads west of South Bend. Cruised up averaging 50 mph, was never below 40. Most of it was one lane snow covered one lane slick but you could see asphalt color.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    We have a brilliant one across the street. He has a truck, with a plow, and he was clearing his drive with a single stage snow blower.
    Blowing it directly into the street and the neighbors sidewalk.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I do not throw snow from my driveway into a cleared street, except...

When my driveway is cleared and a plow comes by and seals it off at the curb with a foot of snow and slush, back out into the street it goes, from whence it came.
    Why not turn the chute to the side and send it into the yard?

You’re probably one of those dudes that rakes the leaves from the neighbors tree back into his yard, aren’t you? Lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

You’re probably one of those dudes that rakes the leaves from the neighbors tree back into his yard, aren’t you? Lol
    Can't speak for oze, but I don't have a snow blower. I'm going to shovel it back out into the road rather than lift 40 lb. scoopfuls of wet snow and slush and carry it to the yard.

Reactions: oze

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't bother with the end of the drive. I just drive through it. Getting too old to continuously remove snow when a plow goes by.
    I try and wait until they're done plowing. If I've got my truck, then it's no big deal, but my little Hyundai isn't gonna like backing over a foot of frozen crap.

Reactions: oze

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

The foot-high barrier of snow and slush that the plow erected is more than my single-stage thrower can handle, so it's just me and a shovel, and I'm not about to lug tons of it across the driveway onto the lawn. It came from the street, it goes back to the street.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble

Not with the leaves, but I've returned the mountainous piles of dog **** the neighbor allowed his dog to meticulously place on our lawn, with said neighbor's supervision.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ice down south!

Daughter lives in the sticks and has lost power.
    They have jumped ship to the shop with a wood burner and generator.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom