Should racism, bigotry, etc. be against the law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    C'mon kut, that's not what he said and you know it. You also know what you said. How else should one be responsible for his own rhetoric regarddless of intent? You're saying it doesn't matter what one says, how people view it is what matters. So, logically, why would it matter whether the message is said through speech or action?

What he's saying is that ignorance is an excuse for bigotry. This is a prime example why idiot groups like BLM have popped up. Conservatives are too scared to admonish their own out of fear of being labeled a liberal. Trump called the American judge presiding over his case a "Mexican." And then questioned his fitness based on his heritage, and incorrectly labeled him as being affiliated with the National Council of La Raza. He's called a body of Jewish people "negotiators," and hinted on long-held disparaging stereotypes....and Conservatives, don't say "Yeah, that's a little out of line." The unwillingness to correct, or even address the bad behavior of conservatives has created this pushback, which has now become quite powerful and successful. The bed's been made, and more than likely, a lot of people are going to begrudgingly sleeping in it.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    What he's saying is that ignorance is an excuse for bigotry. This is a prime example why idiot groups like BLM have popped up. Conservatives are too scared to admonish their own out of fear of being labeled a liberal. Trump called the American judge presiding over his case a "Mexican." And then questioned his fitness based on his heritage, and incorrectly labeled him as being affiliated with the National Council of La Raza. He's called a body of Jewish people "negotiators," and hinted on long-held disparaging stereotypes....and Conservatives, don't say "Yeah, that's a little out of line." The unwillingness to correct, or even address the bad behavior of conservatives has created this pushback, which has now become quite powerful and successful. The bed's been made, and more than likely, a lot of people are going to begrudgingly sleeping in it.
    Geez man, I was about the only guy on here that didn't say BLM was categorically racist. It's pretty clear you have no idea what I'm saying.

Did you intentionally skip the part where I pointed out the stronger "trump is racist" argument?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Which begs the question, what type of rhetoric would make him responsible?

I think it would be hard to argue that Hillary's rhetoric is not responsible for most of who follows Trump, and vice versa.

And to an extent, both of them are responsible for who is following Johnson, et al. :dunno:

Wouldn't give you a bucket of warm spit for all of 'em put together.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think it would be hard to argue that Hillary's rhetoric is not responsible for most of who follows Trump, and vice versa.

And to an extent, both of them are responsible for who is following Johnson, et al. :dunno:

Wouldn't give you a bucket of warm spit for all of 'em put together.

I'm not disagreeing. She says some pretty stupid stuff too. The thing is, that once you get to this level, the stupid things you say are often, if not always, done so purposefully; as they do it because that's what they think their supporters want to hear.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Geez man, I was about the only guy on here that didn't say BLM was categorically racist. It's pretty clear you have no idea what I'm saying.

Did you intentionally skip the part where I pointed out the stronger "trump is racist" argument?

Maybe I don't. I respect your opinion, but you know I will challenge it, if I disagree. Feel free to clarify.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So you consider the Black Lawyer's Association and the New Black Panthers as spiritually the same thing? Ok, got it.

White lives matter is racisi as is the White Lawyers Association, the Congressional White Caucus and the National Association for the Advancement of White people.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I may have mis spoken It seems that you always want to show us others thoughts and feelings.

let me make my question clearer. Why do you carry everyone else's feelings on your sleeve.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    White lives matter is racisi as is the White Lawyers Association, the Congressional White Caucus and the National Association for the Advancement of White people.

Are those all pretty much defaults? Why would there be a need to include "white?" Is there something in the white community that needs attention, that is currently overlooked?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    God may require you to consider others feelings, but I know of no imperative to to judge others.

Consider my feelings I feel it is wrong that everything has to be black this and black that. Why does your example include black that is racist. It is offensive.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Would it also be OK to reduce black NFL players from 68 % of the NFL to 13% per population,and raise white players from 28% to 63% per population?..........and the NBA ........

If that's what the owners of that particular private enterprise wished, and they thought it profitable. Though, I doubt it would be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    God may require you to consider others feelings, but I know of no imperative to to judge others.

Consider my feelings I feel it is wrong that everything has to be black this and black that. Why does your example include black that is racist. It is offensive.

You know of not imperative not to judge others???
    And I have no idea what the rest of your post means.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Would it also be OK to reduce black NFL players from 68 % of the NFL to 13% per population,and raise white players from 28% to 63% per population?..........and the NBA ........

NO! Everything should be merit based.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Everything.

Look who is talking quotas. It is always the liberal.

Suddenly folks have no empathy for other folks feelings.

I for one am sick of all this BS about race. Get over it. I never owned a slave. My father never owned a slave. My grand father never owned a slave. My paternal great grandfather lived in Scotland and my maternal great grandfather lived in Germany, so they werent even a part of the problem.

I am registered as a Republican, the party of emancipation and civil rights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom