Should racism, bigotry, etc. be against the law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Isn't Hillary and the left trying to make the new "racism, bigotry, sexism, etc." just being a supporter of Trump/Republican party?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Our few patriotic children will hate these last couple generations for letting this republic slip thru our fingers. Is this hate speech?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Our few patriotic children will hate these last couple generations for letting this republic slip thru our fingers. Is this hate speech?

It's definitely not the last couple of generations. The Lost and Greatest Generations are the ones that put us where we are. They created the entire handout culture for themselves. That $25 of Ida Mae Fuller paid out well.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Dont we aalready make this illegal, at least when someone commits a crime? Seems like if someone is accused of a crime, if they determine that the perp has ever had racist or bigotted thoughts doesnt it then be ccome a hate crime and we burn them at the stake pre-trial? :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dont we aalready make this illegal, at least when someone commits a crime? Seems like if someone is accused of a crime, if they determine that the perp has ever had racist or bigotted thoughts doesnt it then be ccome a hate crime and we burn them at the stake pre-trial? :)

Sometimes they get taken to Burger King, instead.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Read my post again. In its entirety. And make sure your screen can display purple. If I cant use purple, and even clarify at the end, I dont know what to do. Sheesh.

I read it. I can see the purple just fine. I was just hoping for more. I wanted drama...this is INGO, after all...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So is Christ responsible for those who "SAY" they are Christians, but act nothing like Christ?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hmmm.... I thought it was well known that those types of groups support Trump. Do you think they flipped a coin to figure out who to support?
    Isn't the grand-poobah of the KKK a Hillary supporter? Isn't the BLM "movement" largely composed of Hillary/Bernie supporters? (Certainly haven't seen a "trumper" in that crowd) Hasn't Hillary (via her foundation) taken millions from known anti-gay, anti-women's-lib Saudi's?

Not to say some pretty wacky folks haven't thrown in with all 4 candidates, but Trump hardly corner's that market. I would hazard to say that Trump supporters are no more bigoted than Hillary supporters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So is Christ responsible for those who "SAY" they are Christians, but act nothing like Christ?

Let's use your premise. I'll change it a bit. "So is Trump responsible for those that "say" they are Trump supporters, but act noting like Trump supporters?"

For your analogy to be valid in the "not acting like Trump supporters," you have to prove they are simply saying they are Trump supporters without actually being one. I will submit the most commonly cited racist Trump supporter, David Duke.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Isn't the grand-poobah of the KKK a Hillary supporter? Isn't the BLM "movement" largely composed of Hillary/Bernie supporters? (Certainly haven't seen a "trumper" in that crowd) Hasn't Hillary (via her foundation) taken millions from known anti-gay, anti-women's-lib Saudi's?

Not to say some pretty wacky folks haven't thrown in with all 4 candidates, but Trump hardly corner's that market. I would hazard to say that Trump supporters are no more bigoted than Hillary supporters.

I haven't addressed Clinton's loons.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's use your premise. I'll change it a bit. "So is Trump responsible for those that "say" they are Trump supporters, but act noting like Trump supporters?"

For your analogy to be valid in the "not acting like Trump supporters," you have to prove they are simply saying they are Trump supporters without actually being one. I will submit the most commonly cited racist Trump supporter, David Duke.

That is not the analogy...though any analogy where Trump is the "Christ" leaves me shaking my head.

...but here goes anyway- the issue is not the groups acting like Trump supporters, it's whether the groups are acting like Trump.

Christ had followers who wanted a violent overthrow of Rome and only followed him because they thought He would lead it. That was not Christs plan at all. In YOUR analogy, Christ is guilty of promoting violent zealots because violent zealots misunderstood His message.

Trump is not responsible for who follows him, especially if people misunderstand his message.

Well now I feel dirty. I've defended Trump and compared him to Christ. I hate myself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is not the analogy...though any analogy where Trump is the "Christ" leaves me shaking my head.

...but here goes anyway- the issue is not the groups acting like Trump supporters, it's whether the groups are acting like Trump.

Christ had followers who wanted a violent overthrow of Rome and only followed him because they thought He would lead it. That was not Christs plan at all. In YOUR analogy, Christ is guilty of promoting violent zealots because violent zealots misunderstood His message.

Trump is not responsible for who follows him, especially if people misunderstand his message.

Well now I feel dirty. I've defended Trump and compared him to Christ. I hate myself.

Which begs the question, what type of rhetoric would make him responsible?

Top Bottom