Should racism, bigotry, etc. be against the law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The judge doesn't seem impartial to me, by definition of the word La Raza. Someone said, "responsible for their rhetoric, and how it is viewed, regardless of their intent."

However, to qualify, I've been called deplorable.

Liberals call Trump a racist all time. I have yet to see any proof.

What's next on the grasping of Trump racist straws?

When a Spanish person says "el coche," do you believe that they are literally driving a coach? "La Raza," while the literal translation is "the race," is more like saying "the people (Latino)." Not to be confused with "gente" which means people, generally.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, so the judge needs to recuse himself for impartiality concerns that he brought upon himself.

Next "Trump is racist" hoax?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No. Its too subjective and hard to prove. How do you prove what is in a person's heart? For example, Do I dislike Kut because he is black, or because he is an agitator? :p How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt which is the reason? You cant. (I dont dislike him really)

Besides, we already have too many laws on the books.

I mean if you're talking about hate crimes. I think a "no blacks allowed" sign in front of your diner is pretty easily proven to be racism.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm of the libertarian idea that people should be allowed to be deplorable so long as they don't hurt anyone else. That said I've never in my life experienced even a hint of bias against me so I can understand that I may just not understand. I think society pressures should do most the work but at the same time Im not sure I have a huge problem with outlawing "whites only" establishments.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK, so the judge needs to recuse himself for impartiality concerns that he brought upon himself.

Next "Trump is racist" hoax?

Judge Curiel is part of the Latino Bar association La Raza Lawyers Association. It has no affiliation with the National Council of La Raza. But, I guess people will believe what they want.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Judge Curiel is part of the Latino Bar association La Raza Lawyers Association. It has no affiliation with the National Council of La Raza. But, I guess people will believe what they want.
    You were the one who said that people are responsible for their rhetorical associations, regardless of intent, right?

Does the same not apply to a federal judge who joins and supports an organization sharing the same name as an openly racist organization?

A candidate is responsible for their rhetoric, and how it is viewed, regardless of their intent.

The judge did himself no favors here, his actions lend themselves to the appearance of bias which is something judges have to religiously avoid.

If one wanted a stronger argument to criticize Trump as racist over the whole thing, I would go with his statements that no person of Mexican descent could sit as a judge on it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You were the one who said that people are responsible for their rhetorical associations, regardless of intent, right?

Does the same not apply to a federal judge who joins and supports an organization sharing the same name as an openly racist organization?

The judge did himself no favors here, his actions lend themselves to the appearance of bias which is something judges have to religiously avoid.

If one wanted a stronger argument to criticize Trump as racist over the whole thing, I would go with his statements that no person of Mexican descent could sit as a judge on it.

Did I? I seem to remember a noteworthy difference. And even if one follows that logic, then one must wonder how someone comes to that conclusion? Do you consider the Black Lawyer's Association as being related to the New Black Panther Party?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Im still trying to figure out how membership in an organization is counted as rhetoric.
    If you can't see that one's choices of association are just as important as ones words in determining character and reputation, I don't think there is a purpose in continuing.

Found the "Carmel Black Panthers" with some friends and do charity work. See what it does for your resume.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you can't see that one's choices of association are just as important as ones words in determining character and reputation, I don't think there is a purpose in continuing.

Found the "Carmel Black Panthers" with some friends and do charity work. See what it does for your resume.

So you consider the Black Lawyer's Association and the New Black Panthers as spiritually the same thing? Ok, got it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you consider the Black Lawyer's Association and the New Black Panthers as spiritually the same thing? Ok, got it.
    C'mon kut, that's not what he said and you know it. You also know what you said. How else should one be responsible for his own rhetoric regarddless of intent? You're saying it doesn't matter what one says, how people view it is what matters. So, logically, why would it matter whether the message is said through speech or action?

Top Bottom