Should racism, bigotry, etc. be against the law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or what about speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition... mind you, not the Republican Jewish Business Owners, simply a group of Republicans, from differing tax brackets, and places, who happen to be Jewish. In that forum, he said "I'm a negotiator, like you folks." Followed by, "Is there anyone who doesn't renegotiate in this room?...perhaps more than any room I've spoken too." Clearly, he's playing to a stereotype, without understanding how offensive it is.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's use your premise. I'll change it a bit. "So is Trump responsible for those that "say" they are Trump supporters, but act noting like Trump supporters?"

For your analogy to be valid in the "not acting like Trump supporters," you have to prove they are simply saying they are Trump supporters without actually being one. I will submit the most commonly cited racist Trump supporter, David Duke.

So is Trump responsible for David Duke's views? Is Hillary responsible for any one of her supporters that may be named?

Hillary (and Obama) have openly supported BLM. Has Trump openly supported the KKK?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So is Trump responsible for David Duke's views? Is Hillary responsible for any one of her supporters that may be named?

Hillary (and Obama) have openly supported BLM. Has Trump openly supported the KKK?

A candidate is responsible for their rhetoric, and how it is viewed, regardless of their intent.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    It shouldn't be illegal. Every person has a right to his/her opinions, and as long as that person isn't harming/harassing, it shouldn't be anyones business what their opinions are....on the flip side, everyone also has the right to think that person is an Ahole.

We really don't need more government regulation for this. They would overstep just like they always do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You wouldn't call Trump's questioning of the ethnicity of the Latino judge, who is presiding over his TU lawsuit, bigoted?

No. I'd call it trying to hedge with the base because he will probably lose the lawsuit. Here's how I'd decrypt that message, stated and implied. "I can't get a fair trial because the judge is Mexican and he doesn't like the things I said about Mexican immigration. So if I lose in court, it's not because I'm a swindling douchebag, it's because the judge is biased against me."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Which begs the question, what type of rhetoric would make him responsible?

It seems your indignation about rhetoric is rather one sided.

Or what about speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition... mind you, not the Republican Jewish Business Owners, simply a group of Republicans, from differing tax brackets, and places, who happen to be Jewish. In that forum, he said "I'm a negotiator, like you folks." Followed by, "Is there anyone who doesn't renegotiate in this room?...perhaps more than any room I've spoken too." Clearly, he's playing to a stereotype, without understanding how offensive it is.

You always say that you are not personally offended by such things, but want us to realize how others feel. You have said that we can not understand because we are not them. Yet continually give us their perspective even though you are not them.

Why do you carry everyone elses feelings on your sleeve.

You wouldn't call Trump's questioning of the ethnicity of the Latino judge, who is presiding over his TU lawsuit, bigoted?

No. Trump has legitimate concerns about the judge's ability to remain impartial.

The concern is that he is a LA RAZA associate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems your indignation about rhetoric is rather one sided.

Your point?... on a website where the "other side" is more frequently supported?

You always say that you are not personally offended by such things, but want us to realize how others feel. You have said that we can not understand because we are not them. Yet continually give us their perspective even though you are not them.

Why do you carry everyone elses feelings on your sleeve.

Yeah, I have never said anything of the sort.

The concern is that he is a LA RAZA associate.

I debunked that a while ago, as the word "La Raza," is used by many Latino organizations and the one this particular judge is affiliated with has nothing to do with any type of crazy social justice movements.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Can only white people be racist? Or maybe just white Republicans? Just Trump voters?

Aztlan-La-Raza-Whites-Get-Out.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can only white people be racist? Or maybe just white Republicans? Just Trump voters?

Duh, everybody knows this. The NOI and the NBPP are simply social clubs dedicated to peaceful spread of religion and the protection of large dark felines.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The judge doesn't seem impartial to me, by definition of the word La Raza. Someone said, "responsible for their rhetoric, and how it is viewed, regardless of their intent."

However, to qualify, I've been called deplorable.

Liberals call Trump a racist all time. I have yet to see any proof.

What's next on the grasping of Trump racist straws?

Top Bottom