• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've been there as guest of member's when the Carmel location first opened, but I've never spent a penny there.

Their clientele rakes hippy stank.

I wouldn't care if they go bust.
    Could the middle sentence of this be translated to English?

So you would be happy if thousands of folks in the greater Indy area lost three gun ranges and had nowhere to shoot?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm not paying five dollars to sign their waiver lol. I've been in SPB a lot and have bought stuff from there but I just won't shoot there, no liability waiver fee at Highsmiths.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK folks. Have we all had a moment to settle down. I put up warnings and the OP and others ignored them.
    Nothing makes me want to get on you guys but posting styles and prolonging arguments irritates the staff especially after in thread warnings.
    Next one that acts foolish gets time off.
    And go

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become less and less fond (aka tolerant) of indoor ranges. I just basically take the winter off or wait for a nice day to go out to MCF&G. Every time I go into an indoor range I see all the bullet holes where they don’t belong and think “glad I wasn’t here when THAT happened”.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ooopps, posted my Range day SPB comments after reading post #1, and erased them after reading the warning post on page 5, sorry.

Last edited:
    Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    My quick insight to this charge. I’ve been to SPB many times in the past. I’ve taken my wife, kids, parents, friends. This $5 fee is the most absurd thing I’ve heard of. I don’t remember in the past(3years ago) of them doing this. I’ve shot next to people that shouldn’t be given a potato peeler.. a $5 charge for a first time shooter sounds ridiculous to me but on the other hand maybe it’s to deter the first time shooters..? In any point, I stopped going because of a negligible discharge that occurred in the shop area. I was shooting while my wife and daughter was outside the glass watching. Maybe they should charge an admission fee for first time shooters at the door? Or you can just stop going.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Could the middle sentence of this be translated to English?

So you would be happy if thousands of folks in the greater Indy area lost three gun ranges and had nowhere to shoot?
    I think he means “reeks of hippy stank”?
    ETA which could more clearly be translated to smells like teen spirit, or appears that the younger crowd may be welcome, or man buns may be present, or these people don’t look like me, or warning! new shooter!

And to me this begs the question, even though I disagree with you Mike on this exact subject at hand, do we want places for “hippies”, or possibly even “other new gun owners that don’t fit the grumpy old man Bible thumping conservative mold” to shoot? Absolutely, bring them into the fold, hippie stank and all.
    The place fills a niche, and that’s awesome.

I've been there as guest of member's when the Carmel location first opened, but I've never spent a penny there.
    Their clientele rakes hippy stank.

I wouldn't care if they go bust.

Last edited:

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Bashing? Are you what, 10 years old?

If that's what you think about highlighting poor customer service, then put me down also as someone who doesn't care what you think
    Johnny, he just doesn’t get it. Never did address the way I was talked to. Don’t waste words on him. I sense maybe some kool aid may be influencing …

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    MMMMMMMMMM reminds me of a good ole days dogpile. Read em all. Touchy bunch.
    BTW OP; This is important, when he said leave and don't come back, he said the magic words to establish trespass. No further warnings required.

All this needed was Cathy in Blue, 88GT and a dose of Horny lock n Load.
    Thank for the morning laugh guys.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Me, I like SPB. My only other option is Blythes in Valpo. and they dont deserve my business. SPB has open window range with active RO. Now, how that manager treated you is inexcusable and should be called out publicly and to SPB corporate.

Top Bottom