• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They require ID for adult range shooters. Does Tim’s in Westfield allow range use without ID?

AGE & ID RESTRICTIONS​

1. Must be 18 or older to use the range unaccompanied
    He was accompanied by an adult (his uncle)
    1. Minors (below 18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and be at least 48” tall
    How would SPB wish this pair to establish whether his uncle was a legal guardian? What legal documentation should they be required to present? Would you expect normal people to carry that documentation around?
    1. All shooters above 18 must possess a valid state-issued ID or US passport
    A US passport? Does that mean that SPB only allows US citizens to shoot if they are over 18? What if the accompanied individual is a citizen of another country here on a visitor's visa? Should he have to present that as well as some sort of home country gov't or state ID? Is it really any of SPB's business, as in there is some valid reason for such requirements - especially in light of #1 where the only requirement seems to be accompaniment by a responsible adult
    1. Must be 21 or older to possess or rent a handgun
    Not applicable to the situation
    1. Must be 18 or older to possess or rent a long-gun

Sorry Mike, but it appears to me that the folks at that SPB didn't like something they assumed about Deimos based on outward appearances, and likely discriminatory in nature. It would appear that he was obviously (to those employees) foreign born and that somehow triggered resort to internally inconsistent regulations as an excuse to make it difficult or impossible for him to share a lane and shoot

Surely it is their house, their rules but the inconsistent, situational, selective enforcement of rules is the essence of discrimination

BTW, welcome to INGO Deimos. Do you have a brother named Phobos?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He was accompanied by an adult (his uncle)

How would SPB wish this pair to establish whether his uncle was a legal guardian? What legal documentation should they be required to present? Would you expect normal people to carry that documentation around?

A US passport? Does that mean that SPB only allows US citizens to shoot if they are over 18? What if the accompanied individual is a citizen of another country here on a visitor's visa? Should he have to present that as well as some sort of home country gov't or state ID? Is it really any of SPB's business, as in there is some valid reason for such requirements - especially in light of #1 where the only requirement seems to be accompaniment by a responsible adult

Sorry Mike, but it appears to me that the folks at that SPB didn't like something they assumed about Deimos based on outward appearances, and likely discriminatory in nature. It would appear that he was obviously (to those employees) foreign born and that somehow triggered resort to internally inconsistent regulations as an excuse to make it difficult or impossible for him to share a lane and shoot

Surely it is their house, their rules but the inconsistent, situational, selective enforcement of rules is the essence of discrimination

BTW, welcome to INGO Deimos. Do you have a brother named Phobos?
    You are incorrectly applying the rules for minors to adults. He was an adult trying to shoot at the range. Let’s see where his passport is from. If it is UK, it sounds like they were trying to get him in within their company rules.

Deimos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Mooresville
    A US passport or UK? If UK, it clearly states that “All shooters above 18 must possess a valid state-issued ID or US passport” in their range rules.

I have read that many ranges, particularly in areas where there is international tourism, require US ID because of problems caused by tourists because their countries have near total gun bans and shoot guns becomes a tourist attraction in this country.

Sorry you got caught up in this.
    UK Passport sadly. I'd only been here a short while so I didn't have an Indiana drivers license, etc at that time.

We went to the Atterbury range instead, which was likely a better first-time range experience for a new shooter anyway since it was outdoor with benches and the people were decent.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are incorrectly applying the rules for minors to adults. He was an adult trying to shoot at the range. Let’s see where his passport is from. If it is UK, it sounds like they were trying to get him in within their company rules.
    If he didn't have what they consider acceptable ID, how do they know how old he was?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Got anything to add or just personal attacks from behind your computer screen?
    1684576817-tumblr_mdd1hoYLLL1qagu6wo1_500.gif

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Uh it kind of was OK.
    I would disagree.

It was a rather immature way to jokingly jab at him. I don't know who he is nor do I have any prior dealings with him. I've been following this thread, gained some knowledge from it and even contributed a comment or two.

The member I so viciously attacked has vehemently defended any and all negative comments and/or bad experiences shared by a few other members, to the degree of being highly biased in favor of the company in question.

I was going to make a comment about free range time or some other untoward compensation for the obviously biased troll work, but I thought my "carrying water" comment was fairly innocuous. I guess thin skinedness afflicts even our side sometimes.

I apologize for the attack.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would disagree.

It was a rather immature way to jokingly jab at him. I don't know who he is nor do I have any prior dealings with him. I've been following this thread, gained some knowledge from it and even contributed a comment or two.

The member I so viciously attacked has vehemently defended any and all negative comments and/or bad experiences shared by a few other members, to the degree of being highly biased in favor of the company in question.

I was going to make a comment about free range time or some other untoward compensation for the obviously biased troll work, but I thought my "carrying water" comment was fairly innocuous. I guess thin skinedness afflicts even our side sometimes.

I get it and thanks for this response. If I had some star stickers you would get a couple for sure.

:)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I occasionally stop by SPB as I happen to be driving by. I usually end up buying ammo. They leave me alone until I'm ready to leave and are polite when I get to the register. The prices aren't the best, but that's the cost of convenience.

I don't shoot there.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would disagree.

All good with me. I have topics I am passionate about and I love to debate. (Sorry CM).

I believe we all are here due to our passion for the sport, protection or freedoms. Compared to many other interests we have a limited number of LGS and ranges near us so I am passionate about defending them if I don’t believe the posts are fair.

I would hope this has raised awareness of the potential consequences of unwarranted negative reviews and that they don't stay in our little circle but are disseminated all over by the search engines…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom