• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    O jeez…. Another thread bashing one of the few options folks have. Don’t like it don’t go. What the actual **** is it with INGO loving to bash those supplying our hobby?
    When we see Bravo Sierra we call it out. I will never grace that range again just for the general way they treated me and my group when we wasted the trip down last winter.
    Now I never started a thread on how stupid the counter people are and how much of a serious ass hat the manager is/was but no. ****-em.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My recent first and last visit to SPB was due to their insisting on scanning my ID so I could purchase a $6 item. Never been to any other gun shop or range with such a rule. I agree with CM. Their rules and attitudes are a real turn-off.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Just left Soot Point Bank Carmel. Took my wife for the first time. They were going to charge me for her hold harmless. Nobody charges for hold harmless. I said I wasn’t willing to pay. The manager comes over and says yes I am. I again said no. He then says I must leave and never come back. He never looks at me the entire time Just throws comments over his shoulder. Never been treated that way in any shopping/service experience. So, I’m sure many of you use the SPB range. Your call if you are willing to pay them to not be responsible for anything you may do or have done to you. Been a member for a year. Never paid the charge. Whew, I feel better now
    Write to the corporate headquarters with places, names, dates and times and explain why you object to SPB's practices and their employee's behavior.

There is only one thing that matters to a corporation, money. No organization can ascertain what their customer's need or demand without communication. Tell them what you expect, and what the market provides you elsewhere.

It may do no good, or it may land in a stack of other such correspondence on a VPs desk who then makes it his mission to make sure your complaint never happens again.

At the end of day, if the consumer has options, we get the last laugh. I spend my money where I believe it is respected and I receive value.

Disclaimer: I have only been to SPB Carmel a few times. I have never had any truly objectionable (to me) experiences, but it is NOT my preferred location to shoot.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Write to the corporate headquarters with places, names, dates and times and explain why you object to SPB's practices and their employee's behavior.

There is only one thing that matters to a corporation, money. No organization can ascertain what their customer's need or demand without communication. Tell them what you expect, and what the market provides you elsewhere.

It may do no good, or it may land in a stack of other such correspondence on a VPs desk who then makes it his mission to make sure your complaint never happens again.

At the end of day, if the consumer has options, we get the last laugh. I spend my money where I believe it is respected and I receive value.

Disclaimer: I have only been to SPB Carmel a few times. I have never had any truly objectionable (to me) experiences, but it is NOT my preferred location to shoot.
    I did. They blew me off and stated that it is their policy for guests (?) to subsidize their insurance and attorney costs.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My recent first and last visit to SPB was due to their insisting on scanning my ID so I could purchase a $6 item. Never been to any other gun shop or range with such a rule. I agree with CM. Their rules and attitudes are a real turn-off.
    A firm “no” and here is my cash did not work?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What is "hold harmless"? And do we really have 48,623 members? Just saw that at the bottom of the page.
    The form you sign at Kings Island that says you will not sue them if the roller coaster ejects you. You are singing away your right to sue if an idiot shoots you.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    What is "hold harmless"? And do we really have 48,623 members? Just saw that at the bottom of the page.
    Hold harmless is you giving up any claim you may have against the entity you are granting the agreement to. It is not an expense for them. Ex…you shoot your foot…without a hold harmless agrement, you could sue the range for whatever. With them in possession of an agreement, it’s all on you as it should be.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    On the other hand I cannot imagine the idiocy that a range must see on a regular basis. From drunks to “hey yalll watch dis” to TV and movie recreations…

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hold harmless is you giving up any claim you may have against the entity you are granting the agreement to. It is not an expense for them. Ex…you shoot your foot…without a hold harmless agrement, you could sue the range for whatever. With them in possession of an agreement, it’s all on you as it should be.
    You said something about them "charging" you? So do they charge for the Hold Harmless?

I get the legal document to absolve them from liability, just about everyone does this.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom