• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    1. I don't recall anyone granting you the sole knowledge of what is or isn't a smart move.

2. Shoot Point Blank doesn't support the shooting sports. When was the last time they held an IDPA match? A USPSA match? A GSSF match? ANY sport shooting event? They don't even allow you to work on the basics you need for sport or self defense with a handgun, like drawing, target transitions, or rapid fire.

They, like almost all indoor ranges, are exclusively a revenue generator for the owner (not that I object to that in principle). What they are NOT are a supporter of the shooting sports or the right to keep and bear arms. At least not until they actually DO something more than putting up Grunt Style and Black Rifle Coffee posters on the wall.
    JEEP!!! Is that you?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bashing? Are you what, 10 years old?

If that's what you think about highlighting poor customer service, then put me down also as someone who doesn't care what you think
    THERE WAS NO POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ALLEGED. The OP was ticked they charge a fee of $5 they call a liability waver fee, that is good for one whole year at their ranges.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No it did not. I posted about it in one of the linked threads. When the salesman asked for my ID, I asked him why? He stated that their policy is to scan a government ID for all transactions. As he was saying this, I was holding a $10 bill in my hand for a $6 transaction. His smug attitude pissed me off and I firmly replied "Nope", left the item on the counter and walked out.

For those who grumble that we are hurting a local firearms retailer, I say screw them and their intrusive policies. Too many decent gun shops around that I will give my business to, before those pissy barfmats.

Ok so let’s reverse this. Many times, on a weekend, I go into a rural small gun store, you likely have one near home, to look arround. Sometimes they stare, watch me, ignore me talking to those that hang out there. Seem put out out to show me a gun I want to see, I get it, they sell most of their sales to people they know, I’m a stranger in a small town.

I would never come to the forum to bash them even though they gave me poor service. I get why. I don’t get why those who go to the city want to bash a company that has invested in three big stores and ranges because they are not like little small town gun stores?

And as much as INGO values low prices they usually have them…

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    2. Shoot Point Blank doesn't support the shooting sports. When was the last time they held an IDPA match? A USPSA match? A GSSF match? ANY sport shooting event? They don't even allow you to work on the basics you need for sport or self defense with a handgun, like drawing, target transitions, or rapid fire.
    My local SPB donated prizes for a match at my local club. I have no idea what they do at the corporate level.

I can understand the rules about holster use, etc. when they have no control over the experience and competence of the shooters who come in for range time.

I travel for work and take advantage of the fact that my membership let's me shoot at any of their locations.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions based on their own experiences and feedback from others. I find it useful to hear from other members about both types of experience.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Whew..
    After reading this thread I'm exhausted..lol. I've been to a couple point blanks. I didn't care for them either. Reminds me of some sort of Walmart experience. BUT....
    There range is Nice and Clean. For the most part there prices are sorta in line.
    There business men first. 2A second and gun range insurance is astronomical. I know of 2 local ranges closed due to insurance cost alone.
    Would I go there again? Sure..if they had what I wanted at a price I'm willing to pay. There are other places I prefer more but at the same time I don't want them to close.
    Just my 2 cents

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Love my weekly time at Greenwood Shoot Point Blank the past 4 yrs. :draw:
    I go twice/week and stay +/- 3 hours b/c at this point in life, it counts as exercise. :lmfao:
    I used to go 3-4 times/week, but I'm slowing down. :oldwise:
    I pay a low monthly fee for the Monday - Friday membership.
    It costs me about 50 cents per hour to shoot there for a normal month of 40 hours. :rockwoot:
    Occasionally, I've bought guns, holsters, mags, targets, mag loaders & etc. during my time there. :spend:
    I've even sold a gun to a Rangemaster once.
    Have bought/sold a few guns in the parking lot to INGO members. :ingo:
    Staff always has treated me pleasantly & respectfully & I enjoy my time there. :welcome:

Last edited:

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Never stepped foot in a pb, no beef there. Noone records my info but government officials period.

But with all that said

What the hell is a hold harmless fee?

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Never stepped foot in a pb, no beef there. Noone records my info but government officials period.

But with all that said

What the hell is a hold harmless fee?
    Google "hold harmless agreement". Then imagine someone wants to charge you a nominal fee to sign one.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    If that's the sheet of paper they have you sign to shoot at indoor ranges yea I get that but now they wanna charge you to sign it?

:lmfao:

Too many companies learning from EA and communistcast.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I've been there as guest of member's when the Carmel location first opened, but I've never spent a penny there.

Their clientele rakes hippy stank.

I wouldn't care if they go bust.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I agree with the OP that it's an annoying "gotcha" extra charge. If you go infrequently to that specific range, it's $5 extra each time. $5 isn't going to break anyone, but it is annoying to see "extra" charges on top of their already high prices. Of course Shoot Point Blank has every right to charge whatever they feel the market will bear. And customers have every right to go elsewhere.

I've shot at that particular range twice. I think it's a nice range which is staffed well with good equipment, but their prices are a bit on the high side. I prefer lower priced shooting options (of which there are many.) But to each his own.

But I find it very odd that people are "up in arms" with the OP for daring to complain about what he felt was a poor range experience. Isn't that the point of the forum? To share our experiences and POV?

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member