• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never fails to astonish me the number of liberals on gun forums. I wonder if any of them actually own guns? I expected there to be a few trolls around election time but they seem to be staying. :rolleyes:

Do liberals not buy guns? So are you saying it's conservatives doing all that killing in Chicago? :dunno:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If Texas secedes, then can Dallas or Austin secede from Texas?

See the coming Free State of Jones for the answer.:D

Alex or Jim ? :):

Make sure you hide your gun or you'll get a roundhouse kick.:laugh:

From his previous posts I doubt he understands that if TX. does secede illegal immigration and oc'ing will be the last things to worry about .

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Austin is really only an annex of Socal anyway. A blight on an otherwise lovely state.

Yes, but if Texas seceeds, then Austin will NOT be able to seceed just like the last time the South tried this stuff.

The Confederate Constitution prohibited secession and state rights. During the Civil War a county in Mississippi attempted to seceed from Mississippi. It did not work out so well and exposed the hyprocisy of the Confederates.

The Free State of Jones: Mississippi's Longest Civil War: Victoria E. Bynum: 9780807854679: Amazon.com: Books

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    No, the federal govt (ie the other 49 states) have invested in said state. The infra-structure alone would be staggering in terms of cost. Obviously if a state leaves the union, that structure would need to be taken back.

Given the amount of people the federal govt employees, as well as the services they provide, if a state was to leave the union, it would go bankrupt within 10 years, UNLESS they "nationalized" much of the Feds property within that state, which, of course, would not be looked upon kindly by the Feds.

Like all money the federal government spends it come from the people and the states. If a state were to successfully secede then the Fed's would loose that income and that responsibility. Do you think the state could do better with the money than the federal government??

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Apparently it's not in effect with you if your concern is "legal gun owners".

Regardless of how you or I feel about the legitimacy of the laws in effect, there is a codified distinction between who may and who may not own a handgun. There are also laws which restrict how guns can be sold or transferred. Supporting the second amendment does not relieve us from the requirement to follow these laws or face the penalty.

Now, back to the discussion.

Yes, I think the vast majority of gun owners who have acquired their guns legally are politically conservative.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Regardless of how you or I feel about the legitimacy of the laws in effect, there is a codified distinction between who may and who may not own a handgun. There are also laws which restrict how guns can be sold or transferred. Supporting the second amendment does not relieve us from the requirement to follow these laws or face the penalty.

Now, back to the discussion.

Yes, I think the vast majority of gun owners who have acquired their guns legally are politically conservative.

Then you are more out of touch with reality than I thought.

Is there any area of your life where you don't separate things into one column or the other?

I own several firearms, served in the US Army and am a Glock armorer. Sorry if you can't reconcile that information with the fact that I'm not a bible thumping conservative in your head.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just posting the link again.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ca-and-create-its-own-new-government/51jYVZ5L

I signed it although I don't expect anything to come of it. It was merely a form of protest against the Obama regime.
    At the very least J_Wales would have been proud!

Would you have signed it if Romney had been elected?
    Had these petitions been popping up say a year ago, then there would be some validity to them. Since they are appearing after an election, I look at those that sign them as probably the least patriotic Americans of us all (assuming they voted). These petitions are tantamount to "I played the game and lost, now I want to leave." Rather than play again, or fight the good fight, the simply want to turn their backs on other Americans. Nice. I honestly wish the feds would allow them to leave. Americans arent (or shouldn't be) composed of a nation of whiners nor quitters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like all money the federal government spends it come from the people and the states. If a state were to successfully secede then the Fed's would loose that income and that responsibility. Do you think the state could do better with the money than the federal government??

In the case of Texas, they better. Texas citizens receive more money from the feds than they pay in.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IMO, the only way secession works is if everyone does it.

If only one or two states secede, the amount of force brought against them would be overwhelming.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Then you are more out of touch with reality than I thought.

Is there any area of your life where you don't separate things into one column or the other?

I own several firearms, served in the US Army and am a Glock armorer. Sorry if you can't reconcile that information with the fact that I'm not a bible thumping conservative in your head.

You do understand that the terms "vast majority" and "all" are different? The reason I say this is that it is counterintuitive to value the RKBA and vote for those who are dedicated to restrict or completely eliminate this right. I guess your hatred of religion supercedes your desire to retain your rights. If that is your decision, I respect your right to make it.

Top Bottom