• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Secession Happened once and it can happen again.

It is the right of the people to abolish a tyrannical government and make new provisions for the safeguard of their liberty...

Just to paraphrase a man much smarter than I ever could be

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    It is the question of why a person has a right to land. Those Native Americans killed and took land from others. A European lands and uses some guns and disease and does the same thing. Apparently I'm meant to feel guilty for the latter, but the former gets a free pass because...there was less racism in it? :dunno:

People are just that: people. People have raped, murdered, pillaged, and burned since Cain and Able. Just because a guy goes on about a cross and calls himself a "Christian" doesn't in itself overcome the simple human selfishness and idiocy that causes every war and conflict in our long and bloody history.

Unless you are 150 years old or so, you shouldn't feel guilty for any of it. My point in posting the picture was as a counterpoint to Throttle Jockey's native American picture, which suggested that since natives were rounded up by the government in the 1800's, that the same could happen to American citizens today. I don't find that to be a good analogy, and countered with the fact that the oppressors of the native probably looked a lot like him, probably with the same professed beliefs.

Thank you for the observation that prattling on about one's beliefs doesn't make anyone any more than a simple human, with the same selfishness and idiocy as anyone else. It's refreshing to see someone say that here.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Unless you are 150 years old or so, you shouldn't feel guilty for any of it. My point in posting the picture was as a counterpoint to Throttle Jockey's native American picture, which suggested that since natives were rounded up by the government in the 1800's, that the same could happen to American citizens today. I don't find that to be a good analogy, and countered with the fact that the oppressors of the native probably looked a lot like him, probably with the same professed beliefs.

Thank you for the observation that prattling on about one's beliefs doesn't make anyone any more than a simple human, with the same selfishness and idiocy as anyone else. It's refreshing to see someone say that here.
    Native Americans ARE and WERE AMERICAN CITIZENS! How are any of us any different in the eyes of the government?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What is my suggestion for what? For saving our country? It sure as hell ain't breaking it up into warring pieces. And quite honestly, I don't know that it can be saved.

I agree with nearly all of what you have had to say regarding the topic. I do take exception with this phrase. The other day, you made the claim that all that was needed was desire.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I agree with 88GT. We should all just give up. There is no point in trying anymore. I did disagree but you have changed my mind. All you secession people are stupid and should think what I think.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I agree with 88GT. We should all just give up. There is no point in trying anymore. I did disagree but you have changed my mind. All you secession people are stupid and should think what I think.

I don't recall saying that. You haven't been able to format a response to any of my posts without making some wild-ass assumptions.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Native Americans ARE and WERE AMERICAN CITIZENS! How are any of us any different in the eyes of the government?

Wrong. Although Native Americans could gain US citizenship in special circumstances in the late 1890's, full citizenship for all Native Americans was not signed into law until 1924.

It's all moot, anyway. Today's government is not the government of the 1800's, nor are the attitudes the same. To make no allowances for changes in society in 130 years is absurd.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So you honestly think the majority of people in this country wanted what we are getting? It had nothing to do with the leftist MSM feeding lies? It had nothing to do with blatant lies and cover ups by our president and attorney general? I refuse to believe that is true. I still believe that the majority of people in America still have pride and want to work to make their lives better.
    You say "like we told the liberals". Who is this we? You chose to quote me in your post but I hope you are not including me in this.
    All this talk of secession is the way many thousands of people are choosing to try and have their voice's heard. I don't see you coming up with any better idea's, or any idea's for that matter. I choose to try in the only way available to make my voice heard. What is left of it at least. This country is falling apart. If you want to sit back and do nothing about it then that is your decision. Seem's pointless to sit back and insult people who are at least trying. Remind me again, who is the childish one?

Childish = making the same statements as liberals.
    "The president is evil and has no regard for the constitution."
    " After the last round of elections are country is now official over."
    "The president has a secret agenda to hand over the county to [big oil / welfare junkies]"
    "The election was the result of [MSM / PACs]"
    "The president will load the court with activist judges."

I don't like liberals, but I hate pointless, childish rhetoric worst of all. Actually,I think I just hate politics now.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Wrong. Although Native Americans could gain US citizenship in special circumstances in the late 1890's, full citizenship for all Native Americans was not signed into law until 1924.

It's all moot, anyway. Today's government is not the government of the 1800's, nor are the attitudes the same. To make no allowances for changes in society in 130 years is absurd.
    Well now which are we talking about, AMERICAN citizenship or US citizenship? Most of the natives didn't recognize the US, even in 1890 and that's why they were rounded up and put in prison camps if I'm not mistaken. Additionally, changes in society and changes in governance are two separate issues and insinuating otherwise is rather ridiculous.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    look, I love my country, I don't want to secede. I just want to get rid of NY and IL. is that too much to ask? Please?

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    I am not a quitter, a whiner, or a child any longer. I am making a statement to try to avert a much bigger disaster than secession. I am trying, to the best of my feeble abilities, to build a better world for my sons, but I do not see a peaceable solution in the near future. This is not about sour grapes or a school yard p*****g contest, and I am sorry if you see it as such. I cannot in good conscience remain silent while this America in which I grew up is being thrown to the wolves while the sheeple stand idly by. It may be a moot point, but I make it proudly.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am not a quitter, a whiner, or a child any longer. I am making a statement to try to avert a much bigger disaster than secession. I am trying, to the best of my feeble abilities, to build a better world for my sons, but I do not see a peaceable solution in the near future. This is not about sour grapes or a school yard p*****g contest, and I am sorry if you see it as such. I cannot in good conscience remain silent while this America in which I grew up is being thrown to the wolves while the sheeple stand idly by. It may be a moot point, but I make it proudly.

Nicely put. This country has become a shell of its former glory.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So, we wander off into Indians and such. Stop it. The question is, do you think we're on a path you can accept, or not? Do you think you're better off staying with what we're stuck with, or that we should go off on our own and do what we think is right? If you're convinced we'll be ok waiting and fixing it later, don't sign the petition. If you think the path we're on will ruin us, sign it. Whichever way, accept the results, as we're expected to accept the results of the election. B**** as you see fit.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, we wander off into Indians and such. Stop it. The question is, do you think we're on a path you can accept, or not? Do you think you're better off staying with what we're stuck with, or that we should go off on our own and do what we think is right? If you're convinced we'll be ok waiting and fixing it later, don't sign the petition. If you think the path we're on will ruin us, sign it. Whichever way, accept the results, as we're expected to accept the results of the election. B**** as you see fit.
    I like this one too

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I am wondering what Article in the Constitution forbids or makes "unconstitutional" a state seceding from the Union? I am not finding it.

It was a supreme court interpretation, there is no article that says a state cannot secede.

Texas vs White.

*It was later noted that there was a conflict of interest in this ruling, as a side note, however, it is still a legal precedent.

:twocents:

Top Bottom