481830_387338768015027_779910444_n.jpg

Best internet post ever !

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    No, the federal govt (ie the other 49 states) have invested in said state. The infra-structure alone would be staggering in terms of cost. Obviously if a state leaves the union, that structure would need to be taken back.

Given the amount of people the federal govt employees, as well as the services they provide, if a state was to leave the union, it would go bankrupt within 10 years, UNLESS they "nationalized" much of the Feds property within that state, which, of course, would not be looked upon kindly by the Feds.
    And where did the money come from to begin with? The Feral government doesn't have any money and never did. And NO "feral" is NOT a typo.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I signed the petition to help make a statement, to let the government know that I, as a Legal Citizen of the United States of America, am not in agreement with the direction they are leading this country.
    So secession is your proposed solution?
    I have known too many people who use their government benefits to fuel their own addictions instead of using them as a temporary measure as they were intended.
    So wouldn't a more sane solution be to correct this rather than secede?

If this petition is such a monumental waste of time, why have over 35 of the states started petitions?
    Correction: no state started this. Sore losers [voters] did.

I am not sure if Obama is a Muslim,
    This line speaks volumes. :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who ever said anything about using force to leave? All of the petitions say they are requesting to peacefully leave the union. If you are happy with the way things are going right now then that is fine. I am not. If you feel it would be a waste of your time to make a statement that is heard nationwide then that is up to you. I do not feel that it is waste of my time. Whatever it is you seem to think you are spelling out you are still missing the point. Hopefully this clears it up a bit for you.

This is why we have elections. Sorry if you don't like it, but majority rules.

Like we told the liberals when GWB was elected, "your welcome to move to Canada [or a gun loving African nation]."

All this talk of secession reeks of sour grapes and playground pissing contests.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I find it interesting that on a forum full of people wailing and moaning about illegal immigration and pissing and complaining about being stopped for OC by the cops, the ultimate solution is to move to Texas, which has the 2nd largest population of illegal immigrants in the US and where OC is illegal.

At least everyone moving to the new nation of Texas from the US will finally have something in common with the illegals already there. Both groups chose to flee instead of standing up for their rights at home.

Sounds more like a bunch of cowards than a bunch of patriots to me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This is why we have elections. Sorry if you don't like it, but majority rules.

Like we told the liberals when GWB was elected, "your welcome to move to Canada [or a gun loving African nation]."

All this talk of secession reeks of sour grapes and playground pissing contests.
    Problem with majority rules goes back to that whole wolf sheep thing about who is voting for dinner.

Majority rule=mob rule=anarchy

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lost too many friends for my country to even think of secession. The only way to change the country is from within.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Lost too many friends for my country to even think of secession. The only way to change the country is from within.

Excellent post.

I cannot think of a more childish solution to the loss of an election than threats of secession. People who threaten secession are not American. Spare me your interpretation of the Civil War.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Gotta disagree with you on this one. I saw some pretty good advice in the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan that could be applied to today's GOP.

Don't shoot. Let 'em burn. :flamethrower:

Disagreement is fine. I do not accept your position. I will continue supporting the product of an enlightenment revolution; the only secular, representative democracy on the planet.

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    The United States wouldn't be the United States as we know it if it did not have all of its members. It'd be like Europe. What have they accomplished in the last few centuries, compared to the US? I'm not trying to be elitist, but what have they made? What lasting impacts have they had? I can't think of many, not compared to the US.

For better or worse, we are stuck with each other. We have to work it out. No easy outs like divorce. That's not to say it won't hurt. A lot.

Top Bottom