• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It seems almost daily that we read here how political correctness is destroying this country. But when someone speaks to an issue sensitive to those railing against political correctness, it's ok to be sensitive.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    What was it that my grandpa used to say.............. oh yeah!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have a lot more experience.

Doh! I got sucked back into this abomination of a thread, my bad..... and now, back to your regularly scheduled program!

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Actually I quote you here:

"I can only assume it is due to either plain ignorance, desire for lawlessness, or there is just no support for it"

So you did call me ignorant, and now you're calling me an idiot.

Nice.

First, you are taking things too personal and WAY out of context. There were 3 options and you chose ignorance as your excuse, not me. Second you fail to be able to read what was written and instead choose to add text or meaning where there is none. Third YOU assigned the value of conservative to the partner in my scenario that works not me. Fourth you are the one that thinks the partner that works and pays the bills should leave. So, yes you must be an idiot or worse, are willing to accept that freeloaders should get what they desire and everyone else should pay for it and leave. Now I'll refer you to my current thread regarding public education so you can hopefully understand where liberalism and progressivism havs failed you so miserably.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Just my opinion but

Does it seem funny to anyone else that the states have to ask permission to the federal government for secession?

This thread started off as simple question of opinion over whether or not you find humor that some states are asking permission to secede.

228 posts of bickering, name calling, sarcastic, rude, and condescending arguments later and this thread has degenerated into one of the most appalling I have ever read on INGO. Regardless of what side of the "secession is right/wrong, feasible/impossible, the only way/a bad choice" debate you are on we should still treat each other with respect. Voice your opinion and have respect for those you disagree with. They are entitled to their opinion just as equally as you are. You can try to enlighten them, give them a different perspective, offer up more evidence for your opinion but if they choose not to agree with you then leave it be.

This thread shows one thing very clearly and that is just how easily we can become divided, even while discussing whether or not if being divisive and seceding is the right choice for us.

To answer the OP, yes I find it funny people are starting petitions to peacefully secede.

I'm don't ranting and done with this thread. That's 10 minutes I wasted reading this.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    If you signed the petition, have you not in effect RENOUNCED your US citizenship in writing? Wouldn't that make you unable to answer question J on the 4473 in such a manner that you could legally purchase a firearm from a dealer?

flame on.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This thread continues to deliver mass amounts of fail..........

Look at this thread as a microcosm for why secession would not happen and most certainly would not work. You would need unity within the state and specific goals for it's future. Some of you all can't even stop arguing on the interwebz.........I hardly think you'd be cut out for a secession.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This thread continues to deliver mass amounts of fail..........

Look at this thread as a microcosm for why secession would not happen and most certainly would not work. You would need unity within the state and specific goals for it's future. Some of you all can't even stop arguing on the interwebz.........I hardly think you'd be cut out for a secession.

Not to mention if a state actually left the union, what would all the people do that are expecting that free check every month? Not just the ones on welfare, but those that draw SSI as well.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Oh, look at the big, tough conservative patriot, whining about being a victim. I thought that was a liberal trick. If you are feeling belittled, Kleenex makes an app for that.

Not whining or feeling belittled , just pointing out your behavior .

Does this nation have problems? Of course. It has had problems since it was founded, even though chicken littles on this board think that everything was a puppy dogs and flowers utopia in the late 1700s.

Ya don't say , well gosh golly gee who'da thunk it ?

The difference between me and you is that I am not hyperventilating about the fact that not everybody shares my worldview,

The problem here isn't that everyone doesn't share my worldview , it's that most folks no longer seem to care about the traditional American way of life and what's good for the country is more important than what's good for the individual .

and it takes more than a Presidential election for me to want to abandon my country.

The election isn't the sole problem , it's all the liberal BS that has been allowed to seep into every facet of our lives .

If you live in the US, you can't even fathom what real tyranny or corruption is. Perhaps you need a reality check.

Calm down hero , slow your roll . Here's your reality check .

Being another FNG you haven't been here long enough to realize that more than a hand full of us here have been in the service so stop acting like you have the market cornered on what goes on in the "real world" outside our boarders .

Your drama queen hysterics

Act like an adult and stop with the name calling , trust me you can get banned around here .
    are way out of proportion to the actual effect that you can have on the political system in this country.

I say secession would have a one hell of an effect on the political system of this country .

Obummer keeps saying that the "people have spoken" .

IMO , the fact that all these petitions are starting up tells me that the people have more to say .

You have zero perspective,

You're absolutely correct , served 4 years and have an honorable 214 , served another 7 in EMS and have been an American citizen for all of my 38 years but I have absolutely no perspective .

and I feel sorry for anyone who has to live with you and listen to what I am certain is an unending tirade of how we are all doomed.

Don't bother , all my friends and family are Conservatives with old fashioned common sense and can see for themselves that we are doomed .

Just because I don't know the answers to the problems that this country faces doesn't mean that I have to freak out if they aren't all solved overnight.
    Obummer and his ilk have had four years and things are still getting worse , hardly overnight .

I wish I had the kind of job where 3 years in I could screw up and blame the guy who had it before me and it'd be acceptable .

I'm a realist. Illegal immigration? How about streamlining the process to become an American citizen for those who want to be citizens?

I'm also a realist and realize that the process was probably created the way it was to insure that America stays a great place to be by only allowing in folks that are willing to conform to the laws / ideas of this nation instead of allowing every yahoo to turn America into an exact clone of the s**tholes they came from .

Couple that with harsh penalties for business owners who use illegal immigrants, with real jail time.

:yesway: Totally with ya here .

Finally, just admit that with a border and shoreline as big as ours, you will never completely stop illegal immigration.

Oh really ? I'm thinking heads on pikes would go a long way in deterring all but the most determined . Then maybe land mines , lions or snipers could have the rest .

We could sell tickets and start paying down our national debt .

Point is , we could do it if we had the stones to .

Amazing that despite well reasoned conflicting arguments by learned experts in public policy, economics, sociology and international affairs, the people who REALLY know how to put this country back on track are busy posting on internet forums.

What would be even more "amazing" is that if all of those "learned people" would stop focusing on what the rest of the world thinks or feels about the way we (Americans) handle our internal affairs and start focusing solely on us for awhile .

And some of you say that I'm the arrogant one. :):
    Gee , it wouldn't have anything to do with the words you choose to post would it ?

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Oh really ? I'm thinking heads on pikes would go a long way in deterring all but the most determined . Then maybe land mines , lions or snipers could have the rest .

We could sell tickets and start paying down our national debt .

Point is , we could do it if we had the stones to .

Outstanding and very reasonable suggestions. Maybe you should start a petition as soon as you and your "doomed" family get to Texas and get hooked up to the internets.

:):

Here, you'll need this:

Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom