• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I'm not saying govnment should step in and take care of these children. I'm merely making the point that those who seem to care so much about children in fact don't. I've even seen private charity towards the homeless railed on here. For all the effort bloviated here about getting ammo into the hands of children, how many of those same people are trying to get food into the bellies of children?

We have the FATEST poor people in the world.

Wake up and quit espousing the leftist BS.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I've never been a big fan of Sarah Palin, but this is leadership. WE all need to leave the Republican party and the establishment party bosses and move to the LP, or TeaParty or Constitution Party or any of the other fine groups out there then form a coalition to dump both the Demoncrats and Rhinos from the political process.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've never been a big fan of Sarah Palin, but this is leadership. WE all need to leave the Republican party and the establishment party bosses and move to the LP, or TeaParty or Constitution Party or any of the other fine groups out there then form a coalition to dump both the Demoncrats and Rhinos from the political process.

We'll do that next election. This election is too important and is the most important in the history. We can't let (insert democrat here) win this election. Anyone but (insert democrat here)!!!!!!!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So I guess I gotta ask: If you're for for everything the Democrats stand for and they are letting you down, what are you doing on a gun forum?

I like guns and I think gun control as it is doesn't work. That's my big beef with the dems, their views on guns and gun control are contrary to the 2nd amendment. However, I didn't say they stood up for everything I believe, I do have much more in common with them than republicans.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not saying govnment should step in and take care of these children. I'm merely making the point that those who seem to care so much about children in fact don't. I've even seen private charity towards the homeless railed on here. For all the effort bloviated here about getting ammo into the hands of children, how many of those same people are trying to get food into the bellies of children?

Im surprised to see you so over generalize. Maybe it's just your personal experience talking but I have and I have friends that contribute time, money, and effort to help families care for their kids (e.g. Habitat for Humanity, food pantry, etc.)...I would imagine more than a few of those kids were unplanned/expected or inconvenient.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

Whoa, dude, nobody said that they care specifically about children. It is not because they are children that I think they oughtn't be murdered, it's because they are human beings, human beings who have rights, the most preeminent and prerequisite of which is the right to life. I no more support a baby in the womb being murdered than a 45 year old factory worker being murdered while walking home from work.

Now, if you want to have an honest debate on this topic we can talk about whether you support laws and penalties for murder in general. After all, if a baby being an inconvenience to you is a good enough reason to murder it, then why can't we just murder everyone who gets in our way?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    :facepalm: with all the reasons to dislike Palin, dont dislike her for something she didnt say but Tina Fey did :facepalm:

I would consider this Sarah Palin's single biggest problem. She was thrown under the bus by her own party while taking blistering attacks from the left, with the greatest damage being done by the fact that the average person who passively gleans 'news' could not differentiate between what Palin said and what Tina Fey said or perhaps even realizing that they are in fact two entirely different people.

Another thought to ponder: If Palin is indeed the inept closet-blonde that she has been painted to be, and largely accepted as being, then why did the left need to go to the trouble of launching the most wicked ad hominem attack campaign within my recollection? The leftist media outlets largely ignored McStupid while framing a Palin vs. Obama race and simultaneously ignoring Biden who has to be the stupidest collection of atoms of any nature, plant, animal, or mineral? Why were they so afraid of her?

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Whoa, dude, nobody said that they care specifically about children.

That pretty much says it all.

It is not because they are children that I think they oughtn't be murdered, it's because they are human beings, human beings who have rights, the most preeminent and prerequisite of which is the right to life. I no more support a baby in the womb being murdered than a 45 year old factory worker being murdered while walking home from work.

Now, if you want to have an honest debate on this topic we can talk about whether you support laws and penalties for murder in general. After all, if a baby being an inconvenience to you is a good enough reason to murder it, then why can't we just murder everyone who gets in our way?

Excuses. Nothing more.

The issue is not about protecting children. The issue is about control.

In the end you don't want them murdered, you just don't care if they live.

I understand.

In fact I usually understand the moment someone uses the term "unborn children". To me this misuse of language screams "political spin".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That pretty much says it all.

Excuses. Nothing more.

The issue is not about protecting children. The issue is about control.

In the end you don't want them murdered, you just don't care if they live.

I understand.

In fact I usually understand the moment someone uses the term "unborn children". To me this misuse of language screams "political spin".

You are painting everyone with a broad brush. I see it as preventing the murder of the most innocent. I find it laughable that the same people who support abortion generally oppose execution of even the most evil, while considering the execution of the innocent acceptable for the 'crime' of being inconvenient.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    You are painting everyone with a broad brush. I see it as preventing the murder of the most innocent. I find it laughable that the same people who support abortion generally oppose execution of even the most evil, while considering the execution of the innocent acceptable for the 'crime' of being inconvenient.
    You might wanna examine that last one. It kinda looks like you painted with a broad brush and used the spin-smelling language he was speaking of.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013

This would be the best course of action for the United States if enough people would be brave enough to do it. Like many many people, not just a few hundred thousand.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Ah, the same way how repubs "value" unborn life but once it's out it's "you're on your own kid" if the family should fall on hard times?

Civil unions? Separate but equal doesn't work.

Civil unions for all is not separate but equal.

What is governments' role supposed to be?

That is the big question. Do we really need the government regulating what people can and cannot do with their bodies? Especially with the poor grasp of biology that some of them seem to have. Remember we are also talking about a government that is very regularly referred to as being incompetent and a tyranny on this forum.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I don't think Sara Palin is an idiot. I think she's dishonest in a politically typical way. After all, she chose to become a politician.

She started up one of those scam PACs then used it to fund a huge vacation for herself and her family. That's hardly stupid, or honest, though she did squeak it in within the law.

There's more, but a detailed discussion of the big one would violate INGO rules.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    You are painting everyone with a broad brush. I see it as preventing the murder of the most innocent. ...

And sometimes that broad brush is exactly what's required to get the job done.

Control.

I don't think we need more welfare prospects. I think the tall part of the Bell Curve is tall enough already.

I'm against abortion. I even adopted to prevent one. I'm also against laws against abortion. I'm in favor of the death penalty, as long as there's absolutely no chance it's a mistake.

In most cases I'm in favor of everyone minding their own business, including the government.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And sometimes that broad brush is exactly what's required to get the job done.

Control.

I don't think we need more welfare prospects. I think the tall part of the Bell Curve is tall enough already.

I'm against abortion. I even adopted to prevent one. I'm also against laws against abortion. I'm in favor of the death penalty, as long as there's absolutely no chance it's a mistake.

In most cases I'm in favor of everyone minding their own business, including the government.

You do realize, don't you, that Planned Parenthood was started by Margaret Sanger as a means to rid the country of "inferior races and defectives." Amazing how it morphed from "let's get rid of inferior races" to "a woman's right to choose."

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I am so sick and tired of this next election being
    The most important in history
    The most important in your lifetime
    The most important n the last century
    The most important in etc.etc.etc.

It is only said by people who want you to vote for their candidate no matter what.

Don't be a one issue voter, you have to support the platform.

How many issued do you have to give up on before your not a one issue voter any more
    Guns
    Taxes
    Regulation
    Military
    Abortion
    Drugs

If Sarah Palin goes, I most likely will also

Top Bottom