• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    You keep saying things that imply that murder of unborn human beings is somehow different than murder of all other human beings, without providing any scientific or even philosophical reason to support this notion.

The philosophical reasoning is contained in several findings of law. Murder is a legal construct and abortions do not meet its requirements.

Though you'd like to continue to use the emotional content of the word to your advantage, you are asking others for rigor here but not practicing it yourself.

If you want to be philosophically consistent, you have either support or oppose both simultaneously.

This is easily dismissed non sequitur as the two are not equivalent.

Why should you be able to obligate another living human being to support a relationship that is, at best, symbiotic?

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The reality is, the LP isn't going to ever be in charge of the House, Senate and White House.

So their more extreme positions will never become law because they will be opposed.

But a sizable group of elected LP members throughout government would pull the debate in a more constitutional and liberty minded direction.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    The philosophical reasoning is contained in several findings of law. Murder is a legal construct and abortions do not meet its requirements.

The only requirement of that abortion does not meet is that it is unlawful, which is exactly why we are having this discussion. Essentially you are using the law that we are arguing as a defense of itself. That's circular reasoning my friend.

It's really tiresome to keep having these debates with people who would rather engage in circular reasoning, emotionally charged rhetoric, misdirection and quibbling over minutia, than have a thoughtful discussion.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I'm not using the word murder to describe abortion, you are. It isn't circular reasoning to point out that murder is a legal construct because that legal construct defines the word. You are doing this because you want to use the emotional power of the word.

The only requirement of theft my buying my lunch doesn't meet is that I paid for it. The guy at the restaurant can't say I stole my lunch from him and be taken seriously. ( though I assume you meant to use "lawful" rather than "unlawful" above)

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why should you be able to obligate another living human being to support a relationship that is, at best, symbiotic?

1. The person implied to be the 'victim' of the symbiotic relationship initiated it without the consent of the other.
    2. By your logic, parents should be free to kill their children any time prior to that at which they manage to be self-supporting, hence not a burden.

Top Bottom