• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    The issue is not about protecting children. The issue is about control.

That's right, the issue is not about protecting children, it's about protecting basic human rights. It is no more about control than is any law pertaining to any murder.

In the end you don't want them murdered, you just don't care if they live.

It is none of my business how they live, but it is my business as a citizen of this country, whose founding documents and principles value human rights, to make sure that their rights, chiefly the right to life, are not violated. And if I cannot ensure that, then I sure as heck aim to punish those who have violated those rights.

I understand.

In fact I usually understand the moment someone uses the term "unborn children". To me this misuse of language screams "political spin".

I really don't think you do understand. If you want to have a philosophical debate about what it is to be human, then I'm all ears. But your smugness in describing the word children as misused in this instance indicates that you have a very weak understanding of the science involved in this discussion.

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    And sometimes that broad brush is exactly what's required to get the job done.

Control.

I don't think we need more welfare prospects. I think the tall part of the Bell Curve is tall enough already.

I'm against abortion. I even adopted to prevent one. I'm also against laws against abortion. I'm in favor of the death penalty, as long as there's absolutely no chance it's a mistake.

In most cases I'm in favor of everyone minding their own business, including the government.

Okay, so let me ask you this - in most of Europe abortions are illegal after 12 weeks.

Texas wants to ban abortions after 20 weeks and ensure that clinics live up to the same cleanliness standards as hospitals. And this is draconian? Please enlighten me, because it makes no sense.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Please school us on the science involved in this discussion.

At conception DNA is injected into an egg by a sperm. This DNA package along with the existing DNA within the egg produce a whole and unique human organism. The fertilized egg, now a zygote, begins cell division as it travels down the Fallopian tube to ultimately implant in the uterus and begin developing external features, organs, etc.

The science says undeniably that at conception an embryo is a completely unique living human organism. While unborn child is technically incorrect language, being that children are defined as being a human being between birth and puberty, the sentiment of his comment was that calling an unborn human anything which implies that it is a legitimate human life is somehow incorrect. This is simply not true, and the aforementioned science backs this up.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    the sentiment of his comment was that calling an unborn human anything which implies that it is a legitimate human life is somehow incorrect. This is simply not true, and the aforementioned science backs this up.

I can't vouch for the sentiment of his comment, only the words. He used the words "unborn children" which caused you to suggest that he did not understand the science of the matter. But now in your reply you are using "unique human organism". Does the difference matter?

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I can understand where you're coming from. In that case, guns would be the only thing I can agree on with her. Obama isn't all that bad on guns, hell he is basically the best salesman the gun lobby has right now.

I have never put anyone on ignore before. But for you I may just make and exception.

I feel myself getting more and more ignorant after reading your post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Nope. She is far closer to the Democrats than Libertarians with her politics. :twocents:

Wouldn't she have to be able to put more than 5 words into an understandable sentence for either to care?

Why won't she just climb back under the moose dung pile McCain's Camp pulled her out from under in the first place.

The last things the Republicans need is for her to pop up at some TBD Time to kill chances for any candidates.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wouldn't she have to be able to put more than 5 words into an understandable sentence for either to care?

Why won't she just climb back under the moose dung pile McCain's Camp pulled her out from under in the first place.

The last things the Republicans need is for her to pop up at some TBD Time to kill chances for any candidates.

I would guess true, conservative Republicans would welcome Sarah Palin. This is just my opinion, but from friends, and people I talk too Sarah Palin is very much like by the non-establishment Republicans. It is the McCain and Graham Republicans which do not like her. Like I said, this is just my opinion.

I have met Governor Palin a few times and was able to speak with her for some time. I found her very intelligent, genuine and kind. Unfortunately too many people get their "news" form Jon Stewart or SNL. She is not at all what the media portrays her to be.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    You do realize, don't you, that Planned Parenthood was started by Margaret Sanger as a means to rid the country of "inferior races and defectives." Amazing how it morphed from "let's get rid of inferior races" to "a woman's right to choose."

You do realize, don't you, that the best way to lie is to use bits of truth rearranged to create a different story?

Margaret Sanger was a nurse who was disturbed by the number of back alley and coat hanger abortions going on, along with all the women who died as a result. She was jailed for distributing obscene material, in the form of birth control information. She provoked a legal fight by ordering a diaphragm from Japan. She lobbied for legal contraception. She started the first birth control clinic. That eventually became Planned Parenthood.

Sanger was also a kook. It happens. She believed that the dark skinned races were inferior to the lighter skinned races. She believed that individuals with genetic flaws should be actively discouraged from reproducing. She lectured on eugenics.

Absolutely none of that has anything whatsoever to do with my point. As I have stated, I am against abortion. I'm equally against abortion laws. Don't like abortion? Don't have one. I haven't.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You might wanna examine that last one. It kinda looks like you painted with a broad brush and used the spin-smelling language he was speaking of.

Nice try. You will notice that those organizations, political parties or otherwise, which campaign for abortion are the same people who decry the death penalty. Please consider the word GENERALLY. It was placed there to account for the very issue you accuse me of disregarding. The word 'generally' means that it is not a universal statement.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    OK, then I want the laws against murder repealed. If you don't like murder, then don't kill anyone.

Taken straight from the liberal anti-gun play book. Interestingly done.

So, to my actual point: Are you volunteering to support the babies you save, or will you join the others making excuses? You know, demand that everyone respect the right to life of unborn babies (sniff sniff sob) but walk away once they're born (harrumph not my job harrumph).

As I've mentioned, I adopted to prevent an abortion. That means I paid the price of my beliefs. Who pays for yours?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

So, to my actual point: Are you volunteering to support the babies you save, or will you join the others making excuses? You know, demand that everyone respect the right to life of unborn babies (sniff sniff sob) but walk away once they're born (harrumph not my job harrumph).

As I've mentioned, I adopted to prevent an abortion. That means I paid the price of my beliefs. Who pays for yours?

You are creating a division that does not truly exist. Further, I find it disgusting that we hear the cry that murder of the innocent should be legal while protecting by law people who would improve society by being removed from it. I don't accept financial responsibility for all the f**king morons who probably should be liquidated , so how does it become a conjoined issue with abortion, which is simply a specialized (and legally accepted) form of murder?

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    You are creating a division that does not truly exist. Further, I find it disgusting that we hear the cry that murder of the innocent should be legal while protecting by law people who would improve society by being removed from it. I don't accept financial responsibility for all the f**king morons who probably should be liquidated , so how does it become a conjoined issue with abortion, which is simply a specialized (and legally accepted) form of murder?

In other words you're choosing harrumph not my job harrumph.

Got it.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

You keep saying things that imply that murder of unborn human beings is somehow different than murder of all other human beings, without providing any scientific or even philosophical reason to support this notion. This is nothing like the liberal anti gun playbook, this is a direct comparison of two different murders, one of which you seem to approve of being legal, and the other you don't. If you want to be philosophically consistent, you have either support or oppose both simultaneously.

I am also confused as to why you keep tying up this completely unrelated question of why it is none of my business, nor my responsibility to take care of anyone other than me and mine. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm all for charity work, and have done plenty of it myself. But it is not my responsibility to take care of those who choose not to take care of themselves, and it is not my responsibility to take on the responsibilities of the irresponsible.

That has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing, which is whether murder is acceptable within our society.

Also, I'm really loving the way that you can only quote tiny out of context snippets of my posts in order to make your points. Probably because if you posted a complete thought of mine, it would lose the argument for you right then and there. Hmm, is that MSNBC I smell?

It's not murder if it isn't alive. So, an abortion early enough is just the removal of tissue that has potential for life.

By what standard do you judge it as not being "alive". Because the scientific community pretty much agrees that at conception a LIVING completely unique human organism is formed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom