• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sarah Palin puts herself out there, front and center, and the media is hyper-focused on trying to make her look bad. She's human, and with that much disproportionate attention, there are going to be things that can be focused on and misconstrued.
    Try thinking about your every word coming out of your mouth being the focus of a relentless, 24 hour news cycle, left-leaning press and MSM and imagine how you could be taken.
    I like her, she stands up for individual liberty and she scares the hell out of the Establishment. She's not afraid to call out Repubs and she takes it right to the Statists. Is she perfect, no. But my spouse and I don't agree 100% of the time and I still consider myself very lucky to have her in my life. Until we quit letting perfect be the enemy, the Statists will continue to pick us apart while we scrabble over scraps.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sarah Palin puts herself out there, front and center, and the media is hyper-focused on trying to make her look bad. She's human, and with that much disproportionate attention, there are going to be things that can be focused on and misconstrued.
    Try thinking about your every word coming out of your mouth being the focus of a relentless, 24 hour news cycle, left-leaning press and MSM and imagine how you could be taken.
    I like her, she stands up for individual liberty and she scares the hell out of the Establishment. She's not afraid to call out Repubs and she takes it right to the Statists. Is she perfect, no. But my spouse and I don't agree 100% of the time and I still consider myself very lucky to have her in my life. Until we quit letting perfect be the enemy, the Statists will continue to pick us apart while we scrabble over scraps.

Good post. I don't agree with her all the time either. But some people are just cool to hate and many people like to be with the cool kids.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

Well said. Wisdom is very rare across ALL political lines anymore.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To think that at one time she could have been one heartbeat away from the presidency is really scary to me. I'd take Obama over her any day.
    You know what's scary to me besides Obama being POTUS? Biden being one heartbeat away.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    To think that at one time she could have been one heartbeat away from the presidency is really scary to me. I'd take Obama over her any day.

^^^ Please help me understand this statement, unless you are an Obama fan, then the statement speaks for itself.

Before the MSM got ahold of her and made her such a target, she seemed to be doing a pretty good job - The Most Popular Governor | The Weekly Standard

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You know what's scary to me besides Obama being POTUS? Biden being one heartbeat away.

Biden over Palin. Did you even watch that debate? Matter if fact, -insert any Looney Toons character- over Palin. She only has one redeeming quality for me right now, and that is she doesn't hold a public office.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have more disagreements than agreements with Obama, if that's what you mean. Palin, however, is a different story. I do not like a single thing about her.

Do you believe in Individual Liberty or Statism? Just trying to understand your foundation a little ....
    And please let me know what you agree with Obama/Biden on!

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Do you believe in Individual Liberty or Statism? Just trying to understand your foundation a little ....
    And please let me know what you agree with Obama/Biden on!

Individual liberty mostly. I agree with them on social issues. I am pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. Palin is neither of these. If you insist that she is pro-individual liberty, I think you're mistaken. I believe the pro-life argument is a statist position. It's not the right of the state to tell a woman she can't have an abortion (I will elaborate further if you wish). Being anti-gay marriage is also statist.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Individual liberty mostly. I agree with them on social issues. I am pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. Palin is neither of these. If you insist that she is pro-individual liberty, I think you're mistaken. I believe the pro-life argument is a statist position. It's not the right of the state to tell a woman she can't have an abortion (I will elaborate further if you wish). Being anti-gay marriage is also statist.

Fair enough, if those two issues are the most important to you. It just seems peculiar to see anyone on a gun forum defending/agreeing with Obama/Biden, two of the greatest threats to our gun rights than anyone ever to hold power, while bashing one of the greatest political supporters ever of our gun rights. Strictly speaking with the understanding that this is primarily a gun forum, of course!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Fair enough, if those two issues are the most important to you. It just seems peculiar to see anyone on a gun forum defending/agreeing with Obama/Biden, two of the greatest threats to our gun rights than anyone ever to hold power, while bashing one of the greatest political supporters ever of our gun rights. Strictly speaking with the understanding that this is primarily a gun forum, of course!

I can understand where you're coming from. In that case, guns would be the only thing I can agree on with her. Obama isn't all that bad on guns, hell he is basically the best salesman the gun lobby has right now.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Like die-hards of every party, you fail to see the inconsistencies and progressiveness in yours.

I think my posts here will support the fact that I'm in agreement with many of the libertarians. I just don't see the LP as the answer.

I agree with you there. Both major parties have so many positions that they're starting to contradict themselves. And it's not like they support the positions they claim, they're just trying to say the opposite of the other party to get elected. They don't really care

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You can come up with as many little areas as you want, but there is one HUGE difference...Liberty.

LOL. that's exactly what the Republicans say. You can compare us to the Democrats in regards to lots of little things, but we are different by...

:laugh:

I don't understand why you would get on SP's case for being against the immigration bill. Among other things this bill includes possibility of a "national ID card." This is not a good thing. I would think the Libertarians would agree with her on this issue. Or wait, they don't really have any structured beliefs, they just hate everyone else. My bad, I'd forgotten.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Pro-choice isn't about liberty, its about selfishness and lack of personal responsibility. Ironic that the party that claims every life is important when it comes to gun violence likes to knock off babies left and right (pun intended).

Marriage is a religious institute that has been hijacked by the government. I believe that constitutionally speaking congress isn't supposed to mess with religion. Get your civil union if you want.

These issues aren't about liberty. These issues are about restricting the liberty of others in YOUR favor.

Top Bottom