Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    I was really wishing that was a typo and actually meant fired from inside Iraq. Iran only understands strength and we aren't showing strength right now.
    Maybe Cornpop is going to step in and take charge!
    This bunch of democratic crooks is going to get us all killed.
    Pee Wee Hermin wouldnt back down from our goverment.
    Really bad times we are living in.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was really wishing that was a typo and actually meant fired from inside Iraq. Iran only understands strength and we aren't showing strength right now.
    Uh, Iran is pretty pathetic.

We're talking about people who were ****ng themselves so hard after Trump killed a general, that they accidently shot down one of their own civilian airliners fearing it was a US bomber.

This after they accidently sunk one of their own naval ships during a missile testing exercise.

Which happened after they made a mock up US carrier, and accidently sank it in the entry to their largest port.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Uh, Iran is pretty pathetic.

We're talking about people who were ****ng themselves so hard after Trump killed a general, that they accidently shot down one of their own civilian airliners fearing it was a US bomber.

This after they accidently sunk one of their own naval ships during a missile testing exercise.

Which happened after they made a mock up US carrier, and accidently sank it in the entry to their largest port.
    They probably think the same of us. Our hostage rescue was a disaster and I believe we shot down one of their airliners over the gulf once.

I am just saying if there is no response they will try something even bolder next time until we do. That is assuming the missiles actually came from Iran. I am skeptical.

Edit: No casualties or damage to US government property. Fox News saying it is not clear what the actual target was. Kind of odd.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    From reports. US wasn't the target.. Iran seemed to be targeting some sort of Mossad facility there. Just the Iranian missles were pretty inaccurate.. They hit the Kurdish TV station next to the US Consulate. No casualties whatsoever for anyone.

FNr8AC0UcAAFuZr

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    From reports. US wasn't the target.. Iran seemed to be targeting some sort of Mossad facility there. Just the Iranian missles were pretty inaccurate.. They hit the Kurdish TV station next to the US Consulate. No casualties whatsoever for anyone.

FNr8AC0UcAAFuZr

Sounds about right.

Once again, Iran is so incompetent they're a bigger threat to themselves than anyone else.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    That's not how a "top attack" missile works. The warhead blasts down into the top of the vehicle and the chassis of the missile continues on past the tarket. It flies over the vehicle, not through it.
    Yeah Brad explained the NLAW works like a Javelin. I mistakenly thought they were more like the old first gen TOW missiles.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That is a direct strike on US sovereign territory. I believe Iran is testing Biden and the democrats to see what their reaction will be. If we don't strike back harder they will consider it weakness and do more.

I would suggest the biggest attack on US sovereignty is on the southern border all enabled by those who took an oath to defend it.

obiden and his ilk are a much bigger danger to America than is Russia.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

FNr8AC0UcAAFuZr
    Some think this is retaliation for Israel killing two Iranian Colonels with an air strike in Syria.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would suggest the biggest attack on US sovereignty is on the southern border all enabled by those who took an oath to defend it.

Oh, pish posh. They’re not hurting anyone. They are just poor innocent souls looking for a better life. They aren’t doing anything illegal. Oh, and you are just a xenophope for suggesting they are doing anything wrong. Why do you hate brown people?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah Brad explained the NLAW works like a Javelin. I mistakenly thought they were more like the old first gen TOW missiles.
    While both are top attack, the NLAW doesn't do high arc the Javelin does. (well normally anyway)
    The NLAW flies over and explodes downwards, so the impact you see on the tank is the downward penetrator, and the far impact is the warhead's now empty carrier hitting the other side of the road.
    The Javelin dives directly down into the tank (well again normally)

The Javelin can be changed to a lower attack profile, in case your in an area that the high arc won't work. In case you want to use it to blow open a wall or, something..

20220122_WOC909.png

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Maybe Cornpop is going to step in and take charge!
    This bunch of democratic crooks is going to get us all killed.
    Pee Wee Hermin wouldnt back down from our goverment.
    Really bad times we are living in.
    Cornpop has been traumatized, having been put in his place by the great, and powerful Joe Biden...
    He's hiding in his basement.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    While both are top attack, the NLAW doesn't do high arc the Javelin does. (well normally anyway)
    The NLAW flies over and explodes downwards, so the impact you see on the tank is the downward is the warhead's now empty carrier hitting the other side of the road.
    The Javelin dives directly down into the tank (well again normally)

The Javelin can be changed to a lower attack profile, in case your in an area that the high arc won't work. In case you want to use it to blow open a wall or, something..

20220122_WOC909.png
    Thanks for the info. My time in the military was 80’s and 90’s so I am not very familiar with the latest gadgets. We had LAW, AT4, TOW and Dragon.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the info. My time in the military was 80’s and 90’s so I am not very familiar with the latest gadgets. We had LAW, AT4, TOW and Dragon.
    The LAW is still around. While it is not very useful for tanks anymore. They replaced the anti tank warhead with a simple HE warhead. Its 100 times cheaper to hand out LAW rockets to blast insurgents that don't have tanks, then to waste an expensive Javelin in it's direct fire mode.

TOW is the preferred vehicle based AT missile. Though it retains a ground fire capability. In ground mode they were given to Syrian Rebels.

The Dragon is retired.

The AT4 has been upgraded to reduce the back blast, and is still in use

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Don't worry the state department just said they condemn the attack. Yet they continue nuclear deal talks. So Iran can attack and they don't care at this point.
    Some voted for America to be weak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom