Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Russel Brand breaks down the complexities on why the war began and how US involvement played a big part in leading up to it and why you can’t just look at it in simplistic terms.

When has any conflict been straightforward and simplistic?

I’ll wait for you look through just American history.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When has any conflict been straightforward and simplistic?

I’ll wait for you look through just American history.
    Those were his words which I take it to mean that no one should go by the MSM approach which tends to be too simplistic. He is encouraging everyone to dig a little deeper and I do as well.

A lot of people take sides without bothering to delve into the complexities which are contributing factors.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It seems pretty clear to me that you are either for killing children or you aren't.
    I am in no way condoning Russia's military action and Ukraine has every right to defend against. I'm basically calling out our own government's actions in regard to foreign entanglements when they pretty much lead to disastrous outcomes.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    FNfG__UXsAM35JK

They certainly have slowed on progress....

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Good analysis, interesting read...

One thing I've always thought is the various forming and un-forming of various empires, conquest/re-conquest and the seemingly randomly drawn borders is the cause of much of the conflict. I don't know a solution to that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    US leadership certainly doesn't have clean hands in the Ukraine, particularly the Bidens. These deals are in a lot of other places in the world, time bombs really, waiting to explode. It's all based on George 1s New World Order where money rather than nationalism or ideology makes all the decisions.

This in no way excuses the brutality of the conflict, but I think sharpens the focus on the failure of the New World Order.

People don't fight just to line the pockets of the next rich guy in line.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Attempted shifting of the Overton window,

“Conditions present for the spread and amplification of infectious disease “

Ya that’s what happens in war, why is it suddenly a concern now and not in any previous wars?

Is it because a deadly weaponized pathogen might escape a “not a bio weapons “ lab?

That dude was bought and paid for by China long ago....literally. Works and says what China tells him.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Good analysis, interesting read...

One thing I've always thought is the various forming and un-forming of various empires, conquest/re-conquest and the seemingly randomly drawn borders is the cause of much of the conflict. I don't know a solution to that.

If I had any doubts whatsoever about Ukrainian national pride, they were completely eliminated after watching "Winter on Fire" on Netflix last night.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It’s the US and Ukrainians fault we are killing kids. Haven’t you been reading?
    Not speaking for Expat....but if everyone involved was against killing children then none of this would be happening. Thats a great outcome....the problem is no one in leadership has ever been this thoughtful....but like Killary would say...."what does it matter now."

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Not speaking for Expat....but if everyone involved was against killing children then none of this would be happening. Thats a great outcome....the problem is no one in leadership has ever been this thoughtful....but like Killary would say...."what does it matter now."

That is the reality we are in right now. Countless administrations and countries have their hand in all the messes we are in right now.

Name one thing that only one side of the aisle had a hand in, over the course of time that is, not the immediate circumstance which "broke the camels back" on an issue. You can always find some compromise, some opportunity not taken, half hearted support, rolling over, done in the name of political expediency and favor.

The local, state and the federal governments need to come to a better understand of their roles in relationship to the people. And the people need to be clear and more united about that. The average person doesn't know and probably doesn't care about the difference between representative and direct democracy. They didn't pay attention in high school, or it was bumped from the curriculum for social indoctrination.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Going back to a point about military discipline... not sure if any special forces were involved in anti-war protests over our various adventures. there's probably been a few. see the Vietnam anti-war protest documentary as example.

I was also thinking ways the scuttle butt could go is... any number of combinations like this.

SF ground troop -> SF field commander -> veteran SF buddy -> reporter
    SF ground troop -> veteran SF buddy -> reporter

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom