Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Difference is they stayed out of it. Just like we should

Are we sure they didn't funnel money to the Iranians to commit attacks on U.S. personnel? Just asking.

Found this interesting bit. I guess, if it's just Russia that's different...

On March 2, Putin rejected regime change as a legitimate goal in Iraq. "[T]he international community cannot interfere with the domestic affairs of any country in order to change its regime.... [T]he only legitimate goal the United Nations can pursue in this situation is the disarmament of Iraq." (15) On March 10, Foreign Minister Ivanov declared that if the U.S.-backed resolution authorizing war was submitted to the UNSC, Russia would vote against it." (16)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oy! :ugh:It is also hard to imagine any of his rivals from the last election being stupid enough to tell Putin essentially 'If it is a small incursion it won't be that big of a deall'

"And it depends on what it does. It’s one thing if it’s a minor incursion and we end up having to fight about what to do and not do," Biden added.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It looks like Russia will ban exports of anything to any country that joined in sanctions.

Do you think stocks are going up today,or could it have more to do with the dollar going down?
    Anything priced in dollars appears to increase in value when the dollar goes down. And this morning we have already hit almost a 1% down on the value of the dollar.
    Dollar spiked ~3.6% in the last three weeks, and now it has declined 1%. I think you are overstating the effects possible from very short term fluctuations

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You keep supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine then get defensive when you're called out for it.

I'm sorry you find it impossible to believe the news but 2 million people don't flee a war zone over fake news and conspiracies; they flee a war zone because they're being killed indiscriminately lol

There is no rational support for anything that's Russia is doing in Ukraine and anything short of condemning Russia is honestly unacceptable at this point. But I also believe most of the information coming out of this because I don't let conspiracy theories control my life.

You keep gaslighting me into a position I don't hold.

I was sympathetic towards Ukraine initially. They convinced me they're no better than Russia, so I simply don't support either side.

What's in it for our country and our people?

If you're certain you know what's right, why don't you fly over there and fight for them?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh, so you're a commie symp...

So, which is more supportable, a democratically elected government with corruption in it's bureaucracy, or however you would describe Russia under Putin.

And I will grant, one can be more neutral, a pox on both their houses, let the chips fall where they may.

SIDENOTE: what institution created by man is incorruptible? Heck, even the Church have their issues. (whatever religious flavor)

I wasn't aware one had to throw their support behind a side of the conflict.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Clearly, what is happening in Ukraine is tolerable.

Putin has not eaten a bullet.

Biden is still working on that "*** or hole in the ground" puzzle.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I see the maps they are showing on our propaganda press are starting to show the real situation. Ie russia is winning. They are about 3-4 days behind in actually showing territory so expect to see Kiev fall in the next week. Biden has obviously been warned to butt out or else.

One thing has been absolutely certain from the git go, there is an agenda that we the people weren’t in tune with. Now with the bio weapons lab info maybe we are getting close to the real reason why our leaders have such a vested interest in keeping russia out of Ukraine.

As someone upthread put it , what’s in it for America? We don’t exactly do things out of the kindness of our hearts……

This conflict is quickly becoming an “are we the baddies?” Moment

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I see the maps they are showing on our propaganda press are starting to show the real situation. Ie russia is winning. They are about 3-4 days behind in actually showing territory so expect to see Kiev fall in the next week. Biden has obviously been warned to butt out or else.

One thing has been absolutely certain from the git go, there is an agenda that we the people weren’t in tune with. Now with the bio weapons lab info maybe we are getting close to the real reason why our leaders have such a vested interest in keeping russia out of Ukraine.

As someone upthread put it , what’s in it for America? We don’t exactly do things out of the kindness of our hearts……

This conflict is quickly becoming an “are we the baddies?” Moment
    Our government's hands certainly are not clean. They mucked this whole situation in Ukraine up pretty much like every other foreign entanglement and we end up getting weaker as a nation every time because of it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Dollar spiked ~3.6% in the last three weeks, and now it has declined 1%. I think you are overstating the effects possible from very short term fluctuations
    How did stocks do as the dollar rose in value? They did not happen to go down a little?

Since 2012 I have watched two major things to determine day to day movements in stocks. Which way is the dollar moving,and 10 year US treasury rates. Those two things are the back bone of the petro dollar and any movement in either has a huge impact on stocks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How did stocks do as the dollar rose in value? They did not happen to go down a little?

Since 2012 I have watched two major things to determine day to day movements in stocks. Which way is the dollar moving,and 10 year US treasury rates. Those two things are the back bone of the petro dollar and any movement in either has a huge impact on stocks.
    I'm not a day trader so I don't track dollar prices that way, I only care about broader trends

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Couldn’t have happened to a better bunch…. Wonder if this means some of their assets will be up for sale.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom