Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Good analysis, interesting read...

One thing I've always thought is the various forming and un-forming of various empires, conquest/re-conquest and the seemingly randomly drawn borders is the cause of much of the conflict. I don't know a solution to that.

Boy, if that’s not a WEF mouthpiece article, I don’t know what is. They are repeating all of the WEF/Great Reset talking points there to put them into the mainstream consciousness.

I don’t know if it’s meant to be tongue-in-cheek or not since they’re usually that one the nose...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The three demands that Russia wants to ending the war.
    1) Ukraine must change its constitution to guarantee it won’t join any blocs (NATO, EU, etc.).
    2) Ukraine must recognize Crimea as Russian.
    3) Ukraine must recognize the eastern Rebel regions as independent.

Now we wait to see if anything happens towards ending the peace keeping action by Russia.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The three demands that Russia wants to ending the war.
    1) Ukraine must change its constitution to guarantee it won’t join any blocs (NATO, EU, etc.).
    2) Ukraine must recognize Crimea as Russian.
    3) Ukraine must recognize the eastern Rebel regions as independent.

Now we wait to see if anything happens towards ending the peace keeping action by Russia.
    1 is a pretty reasonable request and would benefit everyone.

2 is a sore deal and not something I'd support. IMO Russia should be willing to give back the territory in exchange for 1.

3 could be reasonable from things I've heard and might be for the best if there's significant tensions due to it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Boy, if that’s not a WEF mouthpiece article, I don’t know what is. They are repeating all of the WEF/Great Reset talking points there to put them into the mainstream consciousness.

I don’t know if it’s meant to be tongue-in-cheek or not since they’re usually that one the nose...

I think this would be where his opinion is, most of everything else was here's what "Davos man" believes, the current situation and context.

Summary of Opinion:
    We live in a nationalist world.
    This is certainly not a welcome development for Davos Man.
    The larger lesson is that it makes sense for nations to rely on their own available energy sources now.
    Americans and Europeans have no difficulty in identifying Putin’s nationalism as malign.
    Appreciate the strengths and achievements of other people's nationalisms, even as we try to improve our own.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Things are getting spicey.

I'm inclined to believe it, if China really was the perp who killed millions of people with covid, I don't believe for a second we'd have sat on our hands over it. If it was due to us ****ing up, well then things start to make sense.

Of course they do, they got them from the Chinese...

Response: bring your complaints to the U.N. and we'll discuss... where we can veto everything.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That's an outright lie, unless something changed that I'm unaware of.

IIRC, there's boatloads of VX sitting here in Indiana that we've been trying to get rid of for decades.
    Newport Army chemical depot has been empty for over a decade. The property is now a commercial industrial park With a few dozen new business buildings. I can’t speak for any other state sites.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    1 is a pretty reasonable request and would benefit everyone.

2 is a sore deal and not something I'd support. IMO Russia should be willing to give back the territory in exchange for 1.

3 could be reasonable from things I've heard and might be for the best if there's significant tensions due to it.

See way above, General Flynn's peace plan. IIRC

#1 - Already agreed to by Zelenskyy, basically Neutrality like the Swiss. (Everyone's free to make deals with the Ukraine govt.)
    #2 - Give Russia Crimea, they pay for the improvements Ukraine put into it since it was incorporated into Ukraine.
    #3 - Give the 2 territories referendum or something like that, more independence.
    #4 - Security Guarantees for all involved.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

I'm inclined to believe it, if China really was the perp who killed millions of people with covid, I don't believe for a second we'd have sat on our hands over it. If it was due to us ****ing up, well then things start to make sense.

We were collaborating with multiple countries on multiple research fronts, partly through deniable grants.

And at the moment, we have to take Russia's word that these are authentic, and accurately described (all on down the pike.)

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

At this point the media has everyone so anti Russian that russia could provide a treasure trove of documents along with the scientist himself who invented covid19 and the world would call it fake news.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    See way above, General Flynn's peace plan. IIRC

#1 - Already agreed to by Zelenskyy, basically Neutrality like the Swiss. (Everyone's free to make deals with the Ukraine govt.)
    #2 - Give Russia Crimea, they pay for the improvements Ukraine put into it since it was incorporated into Ukraine.
    #3 - Give the 2 territories referendum or something like that, more independence.
    #4 - Security Guarantees for all involved.
    So Putin must agree with General Flynn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom