• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I will not try to AAR an event without the facts.

I will say that firing on a person at any distance is not easy because they are fast and often move in unpredictable ways.
    The other factor I have never seen in civilian training is the effect of muzzle bast. Getting shot at is not what you see on tv you see and feel the muzzle flash, smell the powder and know what's happening at some level in your mind.

Violence of action seems to work best "close with and kill" with extreme prejudice. That means you run at them at full speed "controlled pairs" the whole time. Once you make physical contact it gets real nasty.

Please don't second guess the Instructors skill that was bad situation for anyone and took some "intestinal fortitude" to even attempt.
    I have seen well trained life long killers miss.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't question his skill. Or his courage.

More his judgment.

Tough to learn from someone else's skill (we can all train to shoot better). Tough to learn from someone else's courage (don't know how any one person will react until they are there).

IMHO we can learn the most from the decision making.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Looking at a few houses in Johnson County tonight. Give me until December. :):

Let me know if I can be of assistance. I live near GW HS. Houses in GW are selling in a matter of HOURS - DAYS. Seriously. If you're looking, you're probably aware of that already.

Also for the thread: Has anyone heard from Coach? Ahem.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    IF it were coach, I wish the best of luck to him. That would be an awful situation to be in.

Also, in this scenario, does that make anyone rethink their smaller, low capacity, carry guns?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Also, in this scenario, does that make anyone rethink their smaller, low capacity, carry guns?

Nope. I'm not the aggressive type to go charging in like that. Find cover, be a good witness. Last resort for me. That's me and I'm not judging the instructor on his decision. Some people see confrontation and charge in, some shrink back. I tend to findmyself in hte latter, I know others in the former. It's a part of what makes us all unique.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nope. I'm not the aggressive type to go charging in like that. Find cover, be a good witness. Last resort for me. That's me and I'm not judging the instructor on his decision. Some people see confrontation and charge in, some shrink back. I tend to findmyself in hte latter, I know others in the former. It's a part of what makes us all unique.

What if you were sitting there enjoying your Whopper when the multiple teens came charging in waving their guns at everyone?

Me, I would much rather have my Glock 19 instead of my Glock 43, especially if I may have to use it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What if you were sitting there enjoying your Whopper when the multiple teens came charging in waving their guns at everyone?

Me, I would much rather have my Glock 19 instead of my Glock 43, especially if I may have to use it.

The otherside of that is A.) my EDC is 10+1 .45. It is small. But I'd still carry the FS 1911 with it's 8+1. 2.) My only other option is the 5-shot Rossi .38spl (non +P rated). I've seen what non +P .38's do on the noggin of a medium sized dog. I'd not carry that anyway. But that doesn't mean I'm not still in the mood for a Compact 1911 lightweight for EDC again.

Also, if I'm at the BK corral, I'm likely already sitting someplace where I can watch the entrance and parking lot. I'm weird that way. Still would find cover for me and the wife, protect that cover with whatever I have.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If I'm sitting in there enjoying a Whopper, I'll continue to sit there a la Jules and Vincent in the diner. If they decide I'm a target, well, that wouldn't be a good decision.

Top Bottom