• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    Can we have a show of hands from you guys that own Ruger firearms? Recoils statements are no different from Bill Ruger when he said "no civilian needs a handgun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, only the military and police need more than that". Yes he's dead but the company has yet to ever correct that statement that I can find. The reason I will not own a Ruger to this day!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I read that Haley Strategics and some gear company that was featured on the cover withdrew.

Yeah, go back a page, I posted Haley's official response

Can we have a show of hands from you guys that own Ruger firearms? Recoils statements are no different from Bill Ruger when he said "no civilian needs a handgun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, only the military and police need more than that". Yes he's dead but the company has yet to ever correct that statement that I can find. The reason I will not own a Ruger to this day!

Well Ruger is dead, and that's why I'm able to enjoy my SR 556

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Stole this one from the Facebook lynching of Jerry Tsai. Made me :laugh:

157ir5u.jpg

:laugh:

I nominate this for "post of the month."

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I think Ruger has made a correction to the statement by now manufacturing a Ruger branded 25 round mag for it's 10/22's, etc.

I don't currently own a Ruger, but agreed, Bill was not really a friend to the shooting community and the 2A. However, Ruger firearms has corrected that situation post Bill Ruger's death, as far as I can tell.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Can we have a show of hands from you guys that own Ruger firearms? Recoils statements are no different from Bill Ruger when he said "no civilian needs a handgun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, only the military and police need more than that".
    Ruger did more than that. He had his attorneys prepare model legislation centered around banning high capacity magazines. He even consulted with some others about this approach, including Neal Knox who attempted to talk him out of it.

He had his proposed legislation delivered to 535 members of the House and the Senate. Ruger's model legislation served as the basis for part of the Assault Weapons Ban in Clinton's "Crime Bill."

Bill Ruger told NBC News' Tom Brokaw that:
    • "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."
    • "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."
    • "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

I refuse to purchase Ruger products.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I noticed that on Facebook their "most popular city" moved from Chicago (of all places) to Los Angeles since this thread was started, as well as the count to start going back up a couple hundred. I also think they bought some "Likes" to try and save face.

I wonder if that small and very fast round would be any good for squirrels, especially with a suppressor.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    111_sorry.jpg

In a stunning move RECOIL Magazine "liked" the above comment on their Facebook page. The comment they liked was made by a reader who supported the notion MP7A1's shouldn't be sold to civilians.

This "like" came days after the apology. Obviously the apology was a ruse.

Soon after "liking" this comment Facebook readers were quick to have their tempers flare once again, with good reason. After realizing for a second time their anti-2nd Amendment views weren't in line with the majority of their readers, they "unliked" this comment in an apparent effort mask their true colors.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    111_sorry.jpg

In a stunning move RECOIL Magazine "liked" the above comment on their Facebook page. The comment they liked was made by a reader who supported the notion MP7A1's shouldn't be sold to civilians.

This "like" came days after the apology. Obviously the apology was a ruse.

Soon after "liking" this comment Facebook readers were quick to have their tempers flare once again, with good reason. After realizing for a second time their anti-2nd Amendment views weren't in line with the majority of their readers, they "unliked" this comment in an apparent effort mask their true colors.

Unbelievable! That just shows their apology was nothing more than a false claim to try and get back their readers and advertisers. What a joke! I hope they go under.

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Some people are asking, understandably, why I have been so involved in the Cry Out against Recoil Magazine's Editor's Statements over the last couple of days:
    I labored under & against the "Sporting Purpose" crap in the '90s... and have had to deal with several companies/organizations over the last 15 years that were slow to move out from under that politically correct marketing BS. When I taped my first DVDs for the PDN Series distributed by the NRA in the mid-2000's we weren't allowed to use human shaped targets. There was no "Tactical" section at the first several SHOT Shows I attended. Just recently, another instructor and friend was uninvited from teaching at a shooting range that claims now to be for 'sport shooting' only. I've had trouble booking courses in certain areas for the same reasons.
    Especially in an election year and especially from a magazine that has a growing influence on younger shooters new to our community, I won't tolerate the concept of guns needing a "sporting purpose" inside our own ranks... and Recoil Magazine has certainly put itself into the training community in a big way.
    Do I have a dog in this fight? Yes... and the dog is long in the tooth with a good memory and a perspective on how far we have come in recent history. Let's not start slipping backwards.
    -RJP

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some people are asking, understandably, why I have been so involved in the Cry Out against Recoil Magazine's Editor's Statements over the last couple of days:
    I labored under & against the "Sporting Purpose" crap in the '90s... and have had to deal with several companies/organizations over the last 15 years that were slow to move out from under that politically correct marketing BS. When I taped my first DVDs for the PDN Series distributed by the NRA in the mid-2000's we weren't allowed to use human shaped targets. There was no "Tactical" section at the first several SHOT Shows I attended. Just recently, another instructor and friend was uninvited from teaching at a shooting range that claims now to be for 'sport shooting' only. I've had trouble booking courses in certain areas for the same reasons.
    Especially in an election year and especially from a magazine that has a growing influence on younger shooters new to our community, I won't tolerate the concept of guns needing a "sporting purpose" inside our own ranks... and Recoil Magazine has certainly put itself into the training community in a big way.
    Do I have a dog in this fight? Yes... and the dog is long in the tooth with a good memory and a perspective on how far we have come in recent history. Let's not start slipping backwards.
    -RJP

Thanks for the update Rob!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    List of Companies that have dropped Advertising on Recoil:

Magpul
    Haley Strategic
    OC Armory
    Ares Armor
    DSG Arms
    Silencerco
    OTG Concepts
    ITS Tactical
    Mega Arms
    Panteao Productions
    Mission First Tactical
    Bravo Company
    TNVC
    SureFire
    Vortex Optics
    AAC
    ITW Military Products
    Leapers/UTG

On a Side note Leapers/UTG removed a Member of their staff for supporting the Recoil Editor's Viewpoint Publicly...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    List of Companies that have dropped Advertising on Recoil:

Magpul
    Haley Strategic
    OC Armory
    Ares Armor
    DSG Arms
    Silencerco
    OTG Concepts
    ITS Tactical
    Mega Arms
    Panteao Productions
    Mission First Tactical
    Bravo Company
    TNVC
    SureFire
    Vortex Optics
    AAC
    ITW Military Products
    Leapers/UTG

On a Side note Leapers/UTG removed a Member of their staff for supporting the Recoil Editor's Viewpoint Publicly...

:yesway: Thanks for the list, I hope all firearm type advertising gets out.

Top Bottom