• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Magpul and Haley pulling ad space? Boom, headshot. Without those, you just have Voodoo tacticool and some other gray market Chinese made equipment resellers, who looks at those ads.... :D

Sounds like somebody doesn't like Magpul and Haley. Next thing you're going to say is "Oh no, an obscure internet reviewer for firearms (MAC) is denouncing Recoil. Oh what the ****'s real now"

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sounds like somebody doesn't like Magpul and Haley. Next thing you're going to say is "Oh no, an obscure internet reviewer for firearms (MAC) is denouncing Recoil. Oh what the ****'s real now"

No, I love the two companies. I am saying that without those two major companies promoing their firearms, training and equipment, Recoil has lost a lionshare of their promotional material. :twocents: However you take that statement, fine, so be it.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    No, I love the two companies. I am saying that without those two major companies promoing their firearms, training and equipment, Recoil has lost a lionshare of their promotional material. :twocents: However you take that statement, fine, so be it.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well online

But yeah, if BCM, Gerber, Blackhawk and Teg Nugent pulls out, they are really screwed

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The way it was written was if he was writing to an LEO only audience. Obviously the mag isn't geared to that specifically. So clueless.

In this day and age, any magazine that is so short sighted is doomed. They probably won't be able backpeddle enough to save this.

I look locally to at least 3 major (for Indy standards) papers that are on the brink.
    They can't afford to lose $1 from ads, it's that bad everywhere.

This guy really cut Recoil's throat, and probably cut his own too.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    At least we know where THAT guy stands. They should have read his article more carefully.

I mean seriously, the previous article about the Kriss Vector, which was originally designed for LEO and military has a civilian variant.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    A quote from an article in their new issue:

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

Can somebody explain just what in the blue hell this bold statement means? Seriously, what are "assault rifle" capabilities? Why shouldn't us mere "civvies" be given access to yet another underpowered limited use PDW? Apparently because some CIVILIAN law enforcement super-tactical SWAT team commando says so.

I mainly don't like the term and context of "civvies" it makes it seem as if they are superior to civilians and that civilians are un capable of handling a serious weapon responsibly which is clearly untrue, as a civilian I have to no limits as to how much I can learn or train (given personal finances allow).

^This x1000. LEOs are mere "civvies" themselves, regardless of what some of them claim. When I was a Marine, they were referred to as Civilian Law Enforcement. You know as opposed to Military Police.

Probably people who want a small cartridge with a round capable of penetrating body armor. I don't suppose DEVGRU uses the MP7 because it looks cool.

This little cartridge is similar to the 5.7x28. Yet, that little 4.6x30 produces even less energy than the 5.7x28. And both produce less energy than even your typical 9x19 pistol cartridge. This MP7 is nothing more than a PDW just like the garbage MP5. They're ok for clearing out a house but thats it. This MP7 is a niche weapon, nothing more. Certainly not a super-weapon that us mere "civies" are incapable of handling. BTW I'd love to hear how this MP7 outperforms a SBR AR chambered in 5.56x45 in CQB or even a 100 meter engagement. Just like the MP5, this MP7 has limited usefulness and mall ninjas like the idiot who wrote that garbage will have wet dreams over it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The withdrawal of advertising and the statements made by Magpul, etc. make me want to support those businesses even more than I already do.

The first attempt at an apology was telling about Jerry Tsai's real position on this. It's laughable that he played "taken out of context" card. And sad. After that last apology, I think he only gets that his wallet is going to hurt. He clearly doesn't understand the 2nd Amendment, nor does he support the individual's right to keep and bear arms. He just thinks guns are cool and likes to talk about them.

Last edited:

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Stole this one from the Facebook lynching of Jerry Tsai. Made me :laugh:

157ir5u.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How does an editor of a magazine not know the difference between personnel and personal?

Because he's a terrible editor. Mr. Tsai claims he just passed on information from a supplier / advertiser - that's poor form. Anyone worth their salt would have know what they were saying would be incendiary.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This little cartridge is similar to the 5.7x28. Yet, that little 4.6x30 produces even less energy than the 5.7x28. And both produce less energy than even your typical 9x19 pistol cartridge. This MP7 is nothing more than a PDW just like the garbage MP5. They're ok for clearing out a house but thats it. This MP7 is a niche weapon, nothing more. Certainly not a super-weapon that us mere "civies" are incapable of handling. BTW I'd love to hear how this MP7 outperforms a SBR AR chambered in 5.56x45 in CQB or even a 100 meter engagement. Just like the MP5, this MP7 has limited usefulness and mall ninjas like the idiot who wrote that garbage will have wet dreams over it.

I think you're reading a little too much into my comment. Yes, the MP7 is a niche weapon. Where did anyone say that it outperforms an SBR AR in 5.56? Please note, I'm not supporting any of the comments made by the editor of this gun wanker rag. That said, the MP7 is used in theater by some pretty elite dudes. I assume they use it for a reason. Doesn't mean I want one, but obviously the thing serves a purpose for somebody.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Regardless of if the MP7 can out perform an AR, the thing is we all know why HK doesn't want to make a civilian variant.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Regardless of if the MP7 can out perform an AR, the thing is we all know why HK doesn't want to make a civilian variant.

Then the article should have read like this:

"Although we all think this would make for a really fun gun, H&K doesn't want to deal with the hassle and general public negative opinions of selling such a controversial weapon to the general public. They figure the revenue from those sales isn't worth it."

Oh well, so much for hoping for frank discussion of guns.

Top Bottom