• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Some people are asking, understandably, why I have been so involved in the Cry Out against Recoil Magazine's Editor's Statements over the last couple of days:
    I labored under & against the "Sporting Purpose" crap in the '90s... and have had to deal with several companies/organizations over the last 15 years that were slow to move out from under that politically correct marketing BS. When I taped my first DVDs for the PDN Series distributed by the NRA in the mid-2000's we weren't allowed to use human shaped targets. There was no "Tactical" section at the first several SHOT Shows I attended. Just recently, another instructor and friend was uninvited from teaching at a shooting range that claims now to be for 'sport shooting' only. I've had trouble booking courses in certain areas for the same reasons.
    Especially in an election year and especially from a magazine that has a growing influence on younger shooters new to our community, I won't tolerate the concept of guns needing a "sporting purpose" inside our own ranks... and Recoil Magazine has certainly put itself into the training community in a big way.
    Do I have a dog in this fight? Yes... and the dog is long in the tooth with a good memory and a perspective on how far we have come in recent history. Let's not start slipping backwards.
    -RJP
    Glad to see you're out in front of this. We ALL have a dog in this fight one way or another.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    For those that don't follow Noveske on Facebook...

John here. I just read the article in Recoil magazine about the MP7. In my most "civil" voice, anyone opposing the private ownership of weapons is either uneducated or an enemy.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Can we have a show of hands from you guys that own Ruger firearms? Recoils statements are no different from Bill Ruger when he said "no civilian needs a handgun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, only the military and police need more than that". Yes he's dead but the company has yet to ever correct that statement that I can find. The reason I will not own a Ruger to this day!

I agree with that 100%. I'll NEVER forgive that statement either, and have refused to own any Ruger since.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    List of Companies that have dropped Advertising on Recoil:

Magpul
    Haley Strategic
    OC Armory
    Ares Armor
    DSG Arms
    Silencerco
    OTG Concepts
    ITS Tactical
    Mega Arms
    Panteao Productions
    Mission First Tactical
    Bravo Company
    TNVC
    SureFire
    Vortex Optics
    AAC
    ITW Military Products
    Leapers/UTG

On a Side note Leapers/UTG removed a Member of their staff for supporting the Recoil Editor's Viewpoint Publicly...

And now Costa has a response

Costa Ludus is aware of the unfortunate MP7 article in Recoil Magazine and we are truly disappointed and disheartened by the editorial staff's comments.

Costa Ludus is a huge supporter of the Second Amendment. Our company trains Civilian, Law Enforcement, and Military personnel under the blanket of that security. It is imperative that we as a country have the inherent right of these freedoms for our own protections. The Second Amendment is the very foundation that makes this possible.

Recoil screwed up big, however what I look for is how they move the gun industry forward by learning from their mistake, I look forward to their resolve. The public has spoken to Recoil "The truth hurts, but what you do with it is more important". This is an unfortunate situation and one that Costa Ludus believes will strengthen our beliefs and our rights, as civilians, to bear arms under the 2nd amendment.

Respectfully,
    Costa

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Re: Ruger

If Bill Ruger were still alive and hurting us, I'd agree with the comparison. But he's not alive, he can't hurt us much anymore, and the current management does not seem tp profess (at least publically) the same ignorant and condescending sentiments about our individual rights. They sell standard capacity magazines to us all.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Re: Ruger

If Bill Ruger were still alive and hurting us, I'd agree with the comparison. But he's not alive, he can't hurt us much anymore, and the current management does not seem tp profess (at least publically) the same ignorant and condescending sentiments about our individual rights. They sell standard capacity magazines to us all.

Bill Ruger was the Don Davis of gun manufacturing. He was just as much of a hypocrite. Both advocated gun bans. Both claimed that only The Police or The Military should have firearms. Both did this while profiting greatly from the very industry they wanted to restrict.

Just as I won't give any money to the House That Don Built, I also won't give any money to The House That Bill Built.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Looks like everyone is doing it. Now we need to tell Springfield the same

Their original explanation didn't state anything other than they would "monitor the situation." It wasn't until after they started getting heat from their own Daniel Defense fans that they commented:

Future ads have been suspended until we feel satisfied in the corrective action they have taken.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Now we hear from HK. Posted just a few minutes ago. HK makes it clear they would be willing to sell a civilian version if there was a market for it, and the words in the article were those of RECOIL only, not them.

Some readers have misinterpreted a recent feature story in RECOIL magazine as a reflection of HK policy. Heckler & Koch has a long presence in the US civilian market and throughout that time has been an ardent and passionate supporter of the Second Amendment and the American civilian shooter. This will always be the case. The contents, opinions, and statements expressed in that feature story are those of the writer, not Heckler and Koch’s.

The HK MP7A1 4.6 mm Personal Defense Weapon mentioned in the story...HK-USA has previously researched introducing similar commercial products, chambered in 4.6 mm, but it was determined that the final product would not have enough appeal or be legally feasible.

— Heckler & Koch USA​

372971_136807359702070_1401492689_n.jpg

HK Pro Shooting Team | Facebook

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet or not but "Recoil" is a sister publication to "Motorcyclist" magazine.

I have cancelled my script to Motorcyclist as a result of this since I did not have a Recoil script to cancell.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like HK and Recoil are trying to throw each other under the bus. I honestly don't trust either one of them. HK has a history of being non friendly to the civilian market in certain instances.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    After reading the extremely laughable article on how to make kydex holsters, that guaranteed I'd probably never buy an issue of that mag.

Top Bottom