• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Posted on their FB page about the comment, "Unliked" them on FB, and don't intend to purchase any more copies of their rag. Had to drive all over town finding a copy anyway, so it saves me some gas too...

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Who would want a MP7 anyways? What a weak looking round. I watched TAC/TV with Vickers shooting at steel and wasnt impressed. I can think of several other HK guns that id fancy.

Probably people who want a small cartridge with a round capable of penetrating body armor. I don't suppose DEVGRU uses the MP7 because it looks cool.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    it looks like Recoil hired one of the online reputation companies, posts have started from people who "support" the magazine.... but i checked some of the FB profiles and they seen rather new.....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Now he's actually posted an apology, instead of just a, "Hey wait a minute, I wasn't saying what I said," posting.

RECOIL Statement - RECOIL

He stated twice, once in the original article and once in his first failed attempt at "clarification", that certain weapons were not and should not be available to "civvies". His opinion was clearly stated twice. Okay, now he is saying he is a lifelong supporter of 2A. No one who actually lives it and believes it could ever print the "has no sporting purpose" line. Look at the bright side. I am sure the Brady Bunch will give him a nice cushy job helping to keep evil black guns out of the hands of the people.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Panteao is pulling their advertisements as well. Here's their statement:

To the Panteao Online Subscribers and DVD viewers:

I learned today about the article in the latest issue of RECOIL magazine on the HK MP7A1, or more specifically the comment within the article by the editor pertaining to who should own an MP7A1. I also saw the follow up in their Facebook page explaining their reasoning behind the editorial.

Panteao Productions has a very clear position when it comes to the Second Amendment. We do not agree with the opinion of the editor from RECOIL magazine and I am personally very disappointed that he would make such a statement about what he views as a firearm that should not be getting into the “wrong hands”. I would have expected that kind of ignorant comment coming from someone not in the firearms community or from one of the anti-gun organizations.

Until such time that the staff of RECOIL magazine changes their view on firearm ownership and the Second Amendment, Panteao Productions will be discontinuing all scheduled ads in their print publication and website and requesting that all Panteao video content be removed from their website.

I hope that someone at RECOIL magazine steps up and issues a formal apology to the firearms community. They have a great concept for their magazine and it would be a shame to see it go away. The ball is in their court with regards to how they handle their mishap.

Thank you for your continued support of Panteao Productions.

Fernando Coelho
    President/CEO
    Panteao Productions LLC

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Same with Travis Haley's company:

The Haley Strategic Partners team was disappointed to learn of an article and later, public comments, made by a editor at Recoil Magazine which indicated certain weapon systems were not suitable to be possessed or operated by responsible members of the American public. We take issue with this.

At Haley Strategic, we choose to train responsible citizens, law enforcement officers and military professionals in our courses ranging from basic to advanced Disruptive Environments. In short, we help Americans prepare. Weapons systems are tools. Tools built to preserve lives in life threatening situations. There is no reason to prevent responsible citizens from utilizing any tools that will improve their odds of surviving such an event.

We take this very seriously. Every person in at Haley Strategic believes that, as Americans, it is our responsibility to be prepared, both mentally and physically, for worst case events, whether they happen to ourselves and our loved ones, or innocent people caught in an unfolding tragedy.

As such, Haley Strategic Partners will indefinitely suspend all advertising and collaborative efforts with both Recoil Magazine and RecoilWeb.com.

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    That is a head scratching mistake for a gun magazine to make. I've never read the magazine, but the apology has this nugget...

Especially since,I am an unwavering supporter of 2nd Amendment Rights. I’ve chosen to spend a significant part of both my personneland professional life immersed in this enthusiasm
    How does an editor of a magazine not know the difference between personnel and personal? The previous sentence also starting with "Especially since,..." is also a bit of a head-scratcher. Editors should have some command of the English language, and it's this overall carelessness of details that probably led to the content of his article causing such a response. A good editor would have caught the original snafu before ever going to print. It is clearly amateur hour over at Recoil magazine, and people generally expect better from a major magazine.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    So since i am a disabled vet that was honorably discharged under medical conditions, do i fall under the "civie" category? If not then i want this miracle weapon that you "civies" cant have. Purple implied.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I wonder how many people have actually commented on their apology? I just commented, see 0 other comments, and my comment is "awaiting moderation".

My comment says the same.

Here is mine as posted on the Recoil site.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Seems pretty clear to me. Firearms were not protected under the 2nd for "sporting purposes" "hunting purposes" or any other malarkey. They were to protect citizens from an oppressive government. Something any 2nd amendment supporter should know.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This reminds me of the old Gun Games magazine from the 90s. Until Michael Bane took over, there was a strong anti-rkba undercurrent because the publisher Wally Arrida believed (and stated in his editorials) that guns should be allowed only for sports/games and for police and military. In Arrida's mind, those were the only "legitimate" uses of firearms.

I wrote a letter regarding this and Mr. Bane promptly published it and a note that agreed with me. Of course, the magazine died shortly after that. Even Mike Bane couldn't save it!

Looks like this is similar, although not quite as bad. The term "no sporting purpose" should not be in the vocabulary of anyone who truly supports the individual's right to keep and bear arms. There's no way to explain that kind of crap away.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    They aren't "anti-gun." It's worse than that. They are pro-gun and anti-freedom. It is a clear lack of understanding of why we have 2A in the first place. It is unbelievable to me how many "pro" 2A people seem to think that the founding fathers wanted to make sure we had the right to engage in shooting sports. :facepalm:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Now Magpul is responding

Recently, the editor of RECOIL magazine wrote comments regarding who should and should not have access to certain firearms, as well as comments meant to clarify his initial statements. We at Magpul were severely disappointed in the apparent position of the author and by the comments themselves. We have been asked to provide a response to these comments and a statement regarding our intent to continue or discontinue advertising in RECOIL.

At Magpul we consider ourselves proponents of a culture of personal responsibility, where individual liberties are the true roots of our passion. Firearms are tools that can be an expression of those liberties, and more importantly, the guardians of them. When we were presented with the opportunity to support a new publication, called “RECOIL”, that had a different look and feel, we were on board. We had hopes that the broad appeal and fresh look of a publication of this type could be a big help in getting more people involved and interested in firearms and firearm freedoms issues. We welcome all who enjoy or appreciate firearms for any lawful purpose, as greater numbers strengthen our cause. We also want to partner with those who share our appreciation of the true struggle we are in regarding our Second Amendment freedoms.

Due to concerns about content and true motivation, we allowed our support for RECOIL to expire, with the current issue being our last, until we could determine if we were truly speaking the same language. The recent comments and subsequent clarification made by the editor of RECOIL are completely counter to our position here at Magpul. These statements proved that there is an apparent gap between our values and those of RECOIL. As such, we have chosen not to continue or renew any advertising support for RECOIL magazine unless and until we are convinced at some future point that this publication truly shares our values and has the best interests of Magpul and our customers in mind.

We sincerely hope that the outpouring of Second Amendment support as a result of these comments can continue with as much strength towards educating existing and potential new shooters about the importance of firearms rights and in contacting elected officials to preserve those rights. We look forward to future efforts to reach a broader audience through individual effort, and perhaps through an appropriately focused publication, to continue growth in the number of Americans who enjoy celebrating our Second Amendment heritage.

Top Bottom