• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Remember when Joe Galloway made this "official" statement regarding the position of RECOIL Magazine?

RECOIL Magazine’s Position:

In light of some of the comments and complaints made about a paragraph in a recent article about the Heckler & Koch MP7A1, Recoil wishes to make the following points clear:

· It is simply not credible for anyone to question Recoil’s support for, and commitment to, the Second Amendment. Recoil is first and foremost a gun lifestyle magazine, aimed at the modern shooting enthusiast.

· The opinions in the paragraph in question accurately reflected those of the manufacturer, and should have been reported as direct quotes. Recoil acknowledges the way the paragraph was written has caused unnecessary confusion.

· Jerry Tsai, a passionate gun enthusiast and the visionary behind Recoil magazine, will remain as editor of Recoil.

We thank you for your support and understanding.

Quite honestly, if you read the article, it was one paragraph that was actually quoted from the manufacturer and we did not state it that way. Recoil has 26,000 likes on face book and the magazine has only been out for three issues and issue number 4 is just hitting the streets. I honestly believe that this will not hurt the magazine. I have not lost anyone as a result of this and do not expect to.

Joe Galloway
    Associate Publisher
    5.0 Mustang & Super Fords
    Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
    Phone 813-675-3493
    Fax 813-675-3557
    Email joe.galloway@sorc.com
    Assistant: Jennifer Conklin 813-675-3507

Well, it would appear that Mr. Galloway is responsible for the sales team, not for making public statements about the publishers position on this debacle.

http://kitup.military.com/2012/09/recoil-comedy-errors-grows-worse.html#ixzz26If0ZnAM

I don't think the management at RECOIL Magazine could be any more inept, even if they tried. They keep shooting themselves in the foot over, and over, and over again.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Can we have a show of hands from you guys that own Ruger firearms? Recoils statements are no different from Bill Ruger when he said "no civilian needs a handgun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, only the military and police need more than that". Yes he's dead but the company has yet to ever correct that statement that I can find. The reason I will not own a Ruger to this day!

How do you "correct" a statement from a dead man? and Ruger has made plenty of firearms with magazines over 10 rounds, I have my father's old P89 that has a 15 round magazine and that was from back in the early 90's. plus I've been snapping up the 25 round 1022 mags since Ruger began making them late last year/early this year...

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    How do you "correct" a statement from a dead man? and Ruger has made plenty of firearms with magazines over 10 rounds, I have my father's old P89 that has a 15 round magazine and that was from back in the early 90's. plus I've been snapping up the 25 round 1022 mags since Ruger began making them late last year/early this year...
    Yup, actions speak louder than words. Since the old mans passing, Ruger has gone on to offer factory mags for the Mini 14 that offer more than 10 rounds. They now make 25 round 10/22 mags. They now make an AR15 variant. They have a whole host of handguns that use magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Sure, Ruger could have made a public statement saying "Bills gone, we're going full capacity now!" but what would be the point? They just did it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They have a whole host of handguns that use magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

As well as small concealable pistols, and a variety of other designs that hopefully have ol' Bill spinning in his grave. IMO, both Ruger and S&W have gone a long way toward making up for the sins of the past, through their present actions.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've made a couple of posts on some vendors Facebook pages requesting that they remove their advertising from Recoil (Should have stated "...until J.Tsai is removed as an editor) I pointed out to Springfield Armory that I already have an XDm, was planning on purchasing another, and an XDs in 9 when they are released, but just not sure if I can do that knowing that they are supporting an editor who thinks that "civvies" have no reason to have PDW weapon technologies. Now my purchases my be a drop in the bucket to SA, but if you start multiplying that by thousands of others... well $ is king, and in this economy can any business afford to lose any clients?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Ruger Firearms' attorneys wrote part of the assault weapons ban.

yes and some of my forefathers owned slaves... I didn't, there's not a thing I can do about it now, I don't agree with slavery, but does that mean I should go and apologize to every African American I see? What is in the past is in the past, can't change it now, if we could I'm pretty sure we would have removed the GCA, and the laws spawned from it!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    "I honestly believe that this will not hurt the magazine. I have not lost anyone as a result of this and do not expect to." -From the excerpt that Full-Auto posted

Who wrote this? Baghdad Bob? Most of their sponsors have already dumped them. Jerry Tsai meant what he said, there is no way he can become an editor of a magazine and not understand how to use the english language. He absolutely meant what he said. Tsai is a liar and a fraud.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    What is in the past is in the past, can't change it now
    I have never told anyone else not to buy a Ruger. I, however, refuse to. If Ruger was the only manufacturer out there, I would. But I have choices.

For the same reason I won't buy a Japanese car. I have choices.

Has Ruger ever stated that they were wrong and apologized for their positions, for being anti-2A, and for helping Bill Clinton write the Assault Weapons Ban? If so, I am unaware of it. I would really like to see it.

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    Time will tell with Ruger. We have not seen the gun bans proposed like we did in the Clinton era because of the house and senate being more gun friendly. When Bill Ruger made those statements all of the other gun makers stuck together but Ruger broke from that just to save their butt to look good with the anti-gun government. If you remember the biggest maker under attack at that time was Glock and the other makers stepped up for solidarity. If this ever happens again and Ruger stays with the gun makers I will concede that they changed their position.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    I emailed some of the advertisers when this all started. Got this back today from Bill at Jager Products.

After hearing Recoil’s side of the story in a phone call to me yesterday, I’m not happy. They told me this whole controversy is due to comments by the HK rep, and not them. They said people don’t understand that the comments were made by someone outside of Recoil. That wasn’t true – Jerry Tsai’s comments, and comments after that, are what fueled this whole thing. In their call to me, they took no responsibility and passed the buck to the HK rep. I don’t pay the HK rep, I paid Recoil.

Hopefully readers and customers don’t punish guys like me since we paid for our ads before this occurred – which was a big ticket for a small company like me.

I’m with you, and out of Recoil. Too bad, since I’ve jumped in with both feet and ran in every issue – but can’t support a publication that is still ducking responsibility for their actions. I see the formal apology from 9/10, but this is contrary to yesterday’s phone call to me. I cannot support this outfit in good conscience anymore. Feel free to pass this along.

Thanks, Billy Lester

Sounds like these guys really don't have a clue

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I don’t pay the HK rep, I paid Recoil.

Bingo. Love that quote.

It's awesome that larger companies pulled their ads with Recoil, but the people who really got screwed are the little guys that invested in ads at Recoil and had this happen. That's a risk you take with business, I understand, but it doesn't make it suck any less.

Top Bottom