• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Was the right thing to do. Just came a few days and a few embarrasing explanations too late. Should have stopped trying to play the blame game and just admitted he screwed up from the beginning.

So true, it would have been better to admit fault than blame others. They also suspended Joe Galloway, (he should have kept his mouth shut but instead showed his arrogance and contempt towards the gun community)

STATEMENT FROM SIM - RECOIL

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I'm so sick of these assmad people thinking getting one person fired will be a victory for the 2A and get them all NFA weapons.

if RECOIL was anti-gun, would they dedicate time and money into a ****ing magazine?

Go back to the brady bunch guys

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I don't think an entire magazine should be condemn for one article in it. This could have been a one time **** up.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm so sick of these assmad people thinking getting one person fired will be a victory for the 2A and get them all NFA weapons.

if RECOIL was anti-gun, would they dedicate time and money into a ****ing magazine?

You honestly believe that companies don't invest in things they DO NOT believe in, just to make a profit? :dunno:

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    You honestly believe that companies don't invest in things they DO NOT believe in, just to make a profit? :dunno:

No. I believe it was an honest mistake and everyone threw him under the bus for 1 sentence.
    Its HK that is at fault. If they offered a civilian version we wouldnt be having this conversation

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No. I believe it was an honest mistake and everyone threw him under the bus for 1 sentence.
    Its HK that is at fault. If they offered a civilian version we wouldnt be having this conversation
    It may have started as one honest mistake, but he is just as much at fault for the Avalanche it turned into as anyone is. His replies constantly supported what he had written as a correct an valid view and statement. He attempted to throw others under the Bus to save his own buttocks. That is what I would call on his part Escalation.

As far as the it is HK's fault because they don't make a Civilian Version, HK's Press Release plainly gives the reasons they choose to NOT market the system to Civilians, most of it is due to the Costs of retooling/redesigning the system and they do not feel there would ever be a viable market to make the system pay for the changes needed to make it salable and profitable to the Company.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    There's no such thing as an "honest mistake" when making an off hand comment about how civilians shouldn't be allowed to handle military hardware because and I quote "technology meant to kill scumbags". So if military tech is used to kill scumbags? What do we civies use in that context?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

It's obvious you're too young to remember the AWB. The most common arguments the anti-gunners used to get it passed were the same that Mr. Tsia stated in the article, "no legitimate sporting purpose" and "civilians shouldn't have have assess to these guns". Basically saying that legal gun owners can't be trusted. He also called us mere civies which is also kind of an insult since it insinuates that the we're the peasants and the government is our lords and over seers.

No gun writer let a lone the editor of a gun mag should ever put either of those statements in print and not expect an uproar from the gun community. Mr Tsai put both in an article.

I like how you blame H&K for not marketing a gun, kind of reminds me how Mr. Tsai tried to throw H&K under the bus with his apology. H&K is a company and it's their decission to market certain guns or not within the laws of both Germany and the US. (that last part is a hint on one if the reasons H&K decided not to market a civilian version of the MP7 in the US).

I suggest you replace "civies" with any minority group and read Mr. Tsai writing again. Would you then say it was an honest mistake or would you be offended? Anyway that's how some of us "civies" see it, it was an insulting, condescending line and his subsequent attempts at apologizing just further insulted our intelligence.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne

As Editor in Chief, the buck stopped at Mr. Tsai. He was the one ultimately responsible for what ended up in that magazine. Therefore, he should be the one to accept whatever reprocussions that result from any article that is printed in the magazine.

End of story.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR

We may never get back NFA weapons freely, or even post 1986 ones; but the tolerance of statements like this are the first steps in the semi-auto ban that so many left wingers and gun haters want.

Oh, there is a semi-auto version of the MP7 made, the MP7-SF, they just don't want to market it or bother with filling out import paperwork.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Shhhh! Don't give Printcraft any ideas!

Too Late... Bwwwaaaahahahahahahh!!!

Originally Posted by jeremy
    List of Companies that have dropped Advertising on Recoil:

Magpul
    Haley Strategic
    OC Armory
    Ares Armor
    DSG Arms
    Silencerco
    OTG Concepts
    ITS Tactical
    Mega Arms
    Panteao Productions
    Mission First Tactical
    Bravo Company
    TNVC
    SureFire
    Vortex Optics
    AAC
    ITW Military Products
    Leapers/UTG

On a Side note Leapers/UTG removed a Member of their staff for supporting the Recoil Editor's Viewpoint Publicly...
    Good! :rockwoot:

Recoil supports limiting freedoms. Screw em'.
    There are plenty of other great gun rags out there to choose from.

It should be a very easy decision for the advertisers to drop out of Recoil.
    There is virtually no downside for them here.
    Conversely, if they stay they would, by inaction, give support to the anti-gun statements of Recoil.

Who is paying for their products?
    Recoil?
    No. You and me, you know, the ones that Recoil just gave the middle finger to.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Re: Ruger

If Bill Ruger were still alive and hurting us, I'd agree with the comparison. But he's not alive, he can't hurt us much anymore, and the current management does not seem tp profess (at least publically) the same ignorant and condescending sentiments about our individual rights. They sell standard capacity magazines to us all.

This is the same way I feel about S&W who were one of the first to kiss Bill Clinton's ass, but then I believe they were owned by a English company and I think they now have a different view of things.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Isn't Ruger now a publicly traded company? When Bill Ruger was around, I believe it was privately owned. If this is the case, then the company is the same in name only.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Tsai was an editor. That should mean that he understands and knows how to use the English language. If he was merely conveying the opinion of H&K he would have stated "according to H&K, this weapon is not for civvies, and for good reason, etc." But he didn't did he? Had he done that all of the backlash he faced would have been directed at H&K. The statement was his, not H&K's.

I'll rephrase your question. If Don Davis was really calling for gun control, then why would he be in the business of selling guns (while not making any money of course)?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Yup. Now publicly owned. Ruger's trade symbol on the NYSE is RGR.

I'll buy stock in it so that all may rest assured of the owners' support of the 2A. Then, you may all resume ownership and enjoyment of these fine firearms.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    This is the same way I feel about S&W who were one of the first to kiss Bill Clinton's ass, but then I believe they were owned by a English company and I think they now have a different view of things.

I feel the same about S&W and have refused to buy any of their products since. If I ever break down and buy something it will probably be one of their 22 cal. AR's.

Top Bottom