Property tax needs to be repealed / abolished NOW! (Morgan Co info here)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh c’mon. If I don’t like them, staying with the metaphor, It would be the opposite. I would not have a hardon for them. It was a joke. Let’s not make this about HOA’s.

It’s about about abolishing property tax. Which we should do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. I made a joke poking fun at HOA lovers, because it seems the same people who advocate HOA’s also have shat on the idea of abolishing property taxes. Did you not get the joke?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yes. I made a joke poking fun at HOA lovers, because it seems the same people who advocate HOA’s also have shat on the idea of abolishing property taxes. Did you not get the joke?
    Nope. I must have missed the logic in going back and quoting a post from a month ago. Just an attempt to hijack another thread with HOA BS?

I'm all for abolishing property taxes, but there needs to be a plan.

You can't just say abolish properly taxes without a plan. Same with HOAs, you can't just abolish them without a plan.

But you sure as hell can opt out of HOAs, can't do that with property taxes (although there are ways to reduce them)...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The post I quoted was from a month ago? I didn’t notice. Oh well. Wouldn’t be the first time.

I read the article. Thought the HOA thing would be funny. There’s no intent to hijack the thread or chafe anyone’s backside. I had no idea anyone would take that seriously.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We can all agree this is wrong and the courts are slowly getting it right.

But this is always the inevitable end with property taxes. Continue to produce for the state or have your property handed over to "an investor".

Flat tax time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Harris' cronies are using property tax as an example of a tax on unrealized gains to justify their idea of doing it for all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Harris' cronies are using property tax as an example of a tax on unrealized gains to justify their idea of doing it for all.

This is an idiotic position. Property taxes are for services provided that benefit the property or the owners of property. We can debate what should or shouldn’t be included in that tax but property tax has nothing to do with the value gains or losses. The value is used to determine the amount owed for those services but is absolutely not a tax on the value.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    absolutely not a tax on the value.
    They raise my taxes every years based not on what I paid for it but for they believe it to be worth currently. It is 100% a tax on the value of property. It is partially based on unrealized gains. It is no better than what they're proposing doing at the federal level. If the state can seize it for not paying ownership taxes on it then the state actually owns it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They raise my taxes every years based not on what I paid for it but for they believe it to be worth currently. It is 100% a tax on the value of property. It is partially based on unrealized gains. It is no better than what they're proposing doing at the federal level. If the state can seize it for not paying ownership taxes on it then the state actually owns it.

The amount of your tax is based on the value, up or down. But it is not a tax on that value. It is a tax for services provided that benefit the property or the owners of property.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The amount of your tax is based on the value, up or down. But it is not a tax on that value. It is a tax for services provided that benefit the property or the owners of property.
    Semantics. Value goes up, price goes up. Tax on unrealized gains which prevents actual ownership.

Top Bottom