• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I grew up in the height of his popularity but never considered myself a fan, was a fan of crappy hair metal. I am still a metal head but can respect that he could absolutely shread. RIP.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In terms of how many albums he's had, there's supposedly a huge number of albums he's never released. He's been notoriously fickle about what gets released and when. Drove record companies crazy. He's had albums all ready, then decided not to release them.

So, relatively soon, I think we'll find tons of content from him that will be released posthumously.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In terms of how many albums he's had, there's supposedly a huge number of albums he's never released. He's been notoriously fickle about what gets released and when. Drove record companies crazy. He's had albums all ready, then decided not to release them.

So, relatively soon, I think we'll find tons of content from him that will be released posthumously.

Yeah, apparently he has EPIC amounts of unreleased content. He's going to put 2Pac to shame.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you really just compare Prince and Tupac?:wow: :orly: :facepalm: :ugh: :blahblah: :scratch: :nuts: :toilet2: :pimp: :lala: :bat: :bash:

Who else could I compare him, that had more original albums released after their deaths than before? 2Pac had 6 albums of original content released after his death.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK, I liked some of his music too, but social media is fully engaged in Prince deification.

This is nuts.

I think the this is just one more example of people trying to act like they're part of the story/event by their insane worship on various platforms.

...the same goes for many "go fund me" campaigns, but I digress.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    OK, I liked some of his music too, but social media is fully engaged in prince deification.

This is nuts.

I think the this is just one more example of people trying to act like they're part of the story/event by their insane worship worship on various platforms.

I disagree. I think it is more a recognition that someone contributed hugely to popular music, but didn't really get the credit they deserved when they were alive. Partly, it was his fault - he avoided the spotlight, except when he didn't. He wanted everything on his terms, which included times when people weren't interested.

Just MHO, obviously.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK, I liked some of his music too, but social media is fully engaged in prince deification.

This is nuts.

I think the this is just one more example of people trying to act like they're part of the story/event by their insane worship worship on various platforms.

I was listening to Dana, here at work yesterday, and she was going overboard with it. I finally had to turn her off.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That time Prince threw his guitar up into the air and it never came back down. It ascended to guitar heaven.

VNr8rr6.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OK, I liked some of his music too, but social media is fully engaged in Prince deification.

This is nuts.

I think the this is just one more example of people trying to act like they're part of the story/event by their insane worship on various platforms.

I agree. Some lady interviewed "cried all day long". I just don't get it.

Top Bottom