• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Well, it's a done deal. I just need to call the insurance company and then find an updated stereo... what's a cassette tape? LOL!
    Mine had a 8 track! LOL, welcome aboard my brother, May the Harley gods keep you safe in your journeys. :yesway:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Well, it's a done deal. I just need to call the insurance company and then find an updated stereo... what's a cassette tape? LOL!

Congrats,dude!.....:rockwoot:........rubber-side down...:yesway:

An' ughhhh.......welcome ta 'nuther pit ta thro $$ in........hahahahaha......:):
    (an' ya WILL.......trus'me.....hahaha..:): )

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only problem with the Evo motor is the cam chain tensioners. They are plastic and tend to last about 50K miles. Ask if he has had them replaced, and if not you could have them replaced with a gear drive cam.
    Price is right though. It would never be worth less than $6k.

EVO is single cam....no chain. No tensioner to fail. They have a good oil pump and will run near bullet proof for a good long time if you service regularly, do not idle the darn thing in parades all the time and ride it like you love it.
    70K is a butt load of miles. Has the top end been done...service records...clutch side maintenance etc.

Bring it over "Q"
    We will get it right for you...........:):

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Love my 2000 flhrsei 3 color I tested a road glide when I rode my 91 police special then converted the fairing on it to a tour glide.
    Much more stable in cross winds than the Bat wing Sounds like that is a great deal!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I just read that helmets are required in Virginia, so I need to find one. It's been some years since I wore a helmet (yeah, I know) but, I did intend to wear one regardless of the law.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    EVO is single cam....no chain. No tensioner to fail. They have a good oil pump and will run near bullet proof for a good long time if you service regularly, do not idle the darn thing in parades all the time and ride it like you love it.
    70K is a butt load of miles. Has the top end been done...service records...clutch side maintenance etc.

Bring it over "Q"
    We will get it right for you...........:):

I was about to comment on the manliness of this picture, but then I saw the Foster's sign... :puke:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Well, I just read that helmets are required in Virginia, so I need to find one. It's been some years since I wore a helmet (yeah, I know) but, I did intend to wear one regardless of the law.

Congrats on the bike. Westfield Yamaha Suzuki has a good selection of helmets and most of their stuff is on sale until December. Their prices were actually better than anything I found online.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was about to comment on the manliness of this picture, but then I saw the Foster's sign... :puke:

That sign came from the Porsche Indy car effort. They had a Fosters beer deal and so much of that horrid liquid around to hand out. WE "Stole" the sign one late night after drinking some of that swill in the team trailer. Notice the $5.00 a beer price. It was mounted to the vendors stand at the Speedway.
    The absolute worst hang over I ever had on beer. I keep the sign as a reminder not to ever go near another can of that horrid mixture.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That sign came from the Porsche Indy car effort. They had a Fosters beer deal and so much of that horrid liquid around to hand out. WE "Stole" the sign one late night after drinking some of that swill in the team trailer. Notice the $5.00 a beer price. It was mounted to the vendors stand at the Speedway.
    The absolute worst hang over I ever had on beer. I keep the sign as a reminder not to ever go near another can of that horrid mixture.
    Nice rebound! Take notes kids, when being called out for lack of manliness, throw in fast cars, acts of unlawfulness, and heavy drinking. Nicely done. LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice rebound! Take notes kids, when being called out for lack of manliness, throw in fast cars, acts of unlawfulness, and heavy drinking. Nicely done. LOL

That did bring back some memory's. I had many friends on the Porsche team. They always had beer so after a 15 hour day (or more) we would go get into the cooler at the Porsche trailer. This nite all they had cold was Fosters. 2:00 AM and Not wanting to loose my drinking card to those cats I jumped into the thick of it. I woke up in the garage next to the race car with that damn sign. Took a whore bath in the sink and spent the worst day ever at the track. No way I am ever loosing that sign.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That did bring back some memory's. I had many friends on the Porsche team. They always had beer so after a 15 hour day (or more) we would go get into the cooler at the Porsche trailer. This nite all they had cold was Fosters. 2:00 AM and Not wanting to loose my drinking card to those cats I jumped into the thick of it. I woke up in the garage next to the race car with that damn sign. Took a whore bath in the sink and spent the worst day ever at the track. No way I am ever loosing that sign.
    Been there done that, I've been sober for 27 years because of nights like that! Truth be told thou, you can have a poster of Boy George hanging in that garage and it still would be a great looking garage!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been there done that, I've been sober for 27 years because of nights like that! Truth be told thou, you can have a poster of Boy George hanging in that garage and it still would be a great looking garage!

Thanks.

If the boy wonder was hanging in there it would have more than a few .45 ACP holes in it.................:):
    Not totally sober these days but close.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I'm absolutely loving the bike. I'm hugging the mountains and enjoying the rides. Unfortunately, the bike has the original audio system, with cassette tape. I'm interested in upgrading the audio system and wanted to see if anyone has knowledge in this area? I want to have a system with XM Radio, if possible. I certainly do not need cassette tape capability, but if I could synch to my phone for Pandora, that would be nice. Any ideas what I could possibly go with and what stores can do installation? I would prefer to stay away from the HD dealership, if possible.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, I'm absolutely loving the bike. I'm hugging the mountains and enjoying the rides. Unfortunately, the bike has the original audio system, with cassette tape. I'm interested in upgrading the audio system and wanted to see if anyone has knowledge in this area? I want to have a system with XM Radio, if possible. I certainly do not need cassette tape capability, but if I could synch to my phone for Pandora, that would be nice. Any ideas what I could possibly go with and what stores can do installation? I would prefer to stay away from the HD dealership, if possible.

Is it a standard size 1 Din radio? If so the sky is the limit on aftermarket units.
    You might have to break out the dremel.......

EDIT: also does the radio have a cover on it now? Maybe a marine version to keep the water out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom