• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Awe but Kawtech has bought one. Infact more than one. And I've never lost money one either. They have excellent resell value and turn around time usually aint that bad either. Unless it's a sportster you can't give those thing's away to anyone.

My 2002 Yamaha FZ1 however you will have to pry from my cold dead hands.

Next time you have a Sporty to give away, give me a call. :hehe:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Next time you have a Sporty to give away, give me a call. :hehe:

Had one sitting on the showroom all summer long. It was a consignment but the owner had a decent price on it. It was an '05 ( I think) 1200R model. Never got more than a second look. Posted it on Craigslist and listed it on eBay. No sale. The owner picked it up a few weeks ago.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Had one sitting on the showroom all summer long. It was a consignment but the owner had a decent price on it. It was an '05 ( I think) 1200R model. Never got more than a second look. Posted it on Craigslist and listed it on eBay. No sale. The owner picked it up a few weeks ago.

My wife has never ridden other than being a passenger. I've always thought a Sportster would be a good size for her to learn on. They're fairly small and uncomplicated.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife has never ridden other than being a passenger. I've always thought a Sportster would be a good size for her to learn on. They're fairly small and uncomplicated.

A sportster is not a good bike for a woman. My wife started out on a GZ250 (same as the ABATE class uses. Hardest bike to find neutral that I've ever sat on) We moved her to a 2001 1200 sportster the next year. It was too top heavy. She has a 2002 Road King right now but is getting a 2014 Street Glide Special in Morocco Gold next month. Think of a triangle. The center of gravity is higher on the sportster than it is on the RK. Sportster is like having the wide part of the triangle on top and RK is like having the wide part on the bottom.

I would suggest a bike in the Dyna series at the bear minimum

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    A sportster is not a good bike for a woman. My wife started out on a GZ250 (same as the ABATE class uses. Hardest bike to find neutral that I've ever sat on) We moved her to a 2001 1200 sportster the next year. It was too top heavy. She has a 2002 Road King right now but is getting a 2014 Street Glide Special in Morocco Gold next month. Think of a triangle. The center of gravity is higher on the sportster than it is on the RK. Sportster is like having the wide part of the triangle on top and RK is like having the wide part on the bottom.

Thats really good to know. I want her to learn and to enjoy riding, with her being on the small side (5'5") I was thinking the sporty would be more suited to her. I've ridden several and never really noticed it, but then again, I haven't ridden much since I sold my old GL1000 quite a few years ago.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

:rolleyes:........Put her on'a Deluxe,or a Heritage (LOW seat height....)........high C/G (center o' gravity....)an' the mid controls?....would'n have the bastid....she'll thank ya later,an' prolly would'n wanna keep the sporty more'n 6mos,anyways......

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

You partially right(1st 2 hilights...) Most chics opt fer the Deluxe......lowest seat height in HD's line-up without a lower'n kit.......Dyna's nuth'n more'na glorified Sportster.....but at's jus' me......

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I know a man who recently just barely survived an accident on his motorcycle. He wasn't wearing a helmet. He may be alive, but it is not going to be a good life for him or his wife who now basically has to take care of him as if he were a child. Severe brain damage is a choice I suppose we all could make.

Oh and yeah I wear a Shoei RF-900 so :p to your Bell

They x'cellent lids......I'd feel like I was in'a coffin with'a da*n thing......:):........the Bell's bad 'nuff......:):

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Speaking of long rides..I rode from Indy to Spokane back in the early 90's on a 1990 Kawasaki 454 ltd..loved it. Would probably kill me now tho.
    It ain't easy getting old, I drove a 1973 FLH from indiana to state of Washington, down thru California thru Texas, around to Florida and back home. There is no way in hell I would do that now on her, plus we didn't have cell phones back then! I miss those days!!

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    So who is planning the 2014 ingo ride? We gotta meet harley50 in person, see if he talks like he types. If he does, hope he has a gizmo hanging on his chest that displays subtitles :)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    So who is planning the 2014 ingo ride? We gotta meet harley50 in person, see if he talks like he types. If he does, hope he has a gizmo hanging on his chest that displays subtitles :)
    Gotta start a club the INGO " Baconators" our colors will be burnt crispy brown, with a skull face egg, two cross bacon strips behind it. Damn, I'm hungry !

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sounds like a good deal as long as the bike is in solid mechanical condition. Harley's traditionally hold their value much better than the foreign bikes. Sounds like a nice opportunity.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

I'm a short woman, started on small metric bikes. I have a 2000 Fatboy now. Sportster was my first Harley. It was a fun bike, but as others have said, kinda top-heavy. We started riding longer distances and that Sporty was not so fun on busy highways! I started thinking I'd like a Dyna Lowrider, went and checked out a demo fleet. The Dyna was better than the Sporty, but not the kind of change I was looking for. Fell in love with the Fatboy, had a big ol' smile on my face the whole time I was riding. I've done several 500+ mile days on that bike. Always kinda wanted a Road King, I've ridden hubby's, but it is just a bit much for me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, it's a done deal. I just need to call the insurance company and then find an updated stereo... what's a cassette tape? LOL!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      148.2 KB · Views: 38
    Top Bottom