• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    There is your problem that seat looks ungodly uncomfortable. It's not the softail suspension it's that damn seat.
    I put that damn seat on because of the softail suspension! A softail has a lone shock sitting between the seat and back fender! Dynas have the duel external shocks on both sides. Much better ride. If you think softail are a better ride then a dyna, you haven't rode a softail 2000 miles on a trip yet.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    :):.......Ol' style Samsons (no baffles)on this'n.... 'StreetSweepers'.......ain' nobody rides in my 4,5 o'clock position fer long......'specially on'a big slab @ 80/85.....:):

an' they DO sweep the dang driveway........hahahahahahahaha!.....:):
    Nothing like driving thru a nice quiet neighborhood at 2am and setting all the car alarms off!:rockwoot:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    There is still a lot of sand on some roads. I rode in 40 degree weather and the only issue I had were my hands.

My 2011 Limited came with heated handgrips. I wouldn't have paid the extra money for them but they were standard on the limited so I have them. My Wife and I were riding from South Bend to Kokomo to visit her Mom and it was getting colder as the sun went down. My Wife was on her 2002 Road King and I asked her on the CB if her hands were cold we could stop and switch her mesh gloves out for leather. She said her hands were not cold. I told her mine are. She said "Dummy turn on your heated handgrips" I had forgotten that I even had them. After about five miles my hands were nice and toasty. After about ten miles I had to turn them down to number 2 setting. I have to say that they are a nice option.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    My 2011 Limited came with heated handgrips. I wouldn't have paid the extra money for them but they were standard on the limited so I have them. My Wife and I were riding from South Bend to Kokomo to visit her Mom and it was getting colder as the sun went down. My Wife was on her 2002 Road King and I asked her on the CB if her hands were cold we could stop and switch her mesh gloves out for leather. She said her hands were not cold. I told her mine are. She said "Dummy turn on your heated handgrips" I had forgotten that I even had them. After about five miles my hands were nice and toasty. After about ten miles I had to turn them down to number 2 setting. I have to say that they are a nice option.

Suppose to get to near 50s and sunny Sat. Oh why Oh why did I put my bike up for winter storage. :(

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have gotten the bug and it's time for a new(er) bike. The '98 is having issues and I do not want to break down on the back side of some mountain. I was going to go for another Road Glide, but when I say on this one, it felt like we matched, like the blue guy and his flying dragon in that movie. It's a '15 Ultra Limited and has a little over 8k miles. Anyone with experience on this bike?

C4C88665-7109-4377-920F-B62FFB59CECE_zpsyj89zaci.jpg

1607F8C1-3A6A-4CB3-B10D-EE4E04A87783_zpslpele6yw.jpg

B7D17CBE-9C6D-4285-A4E6-E06CE4E56793_zpsenurua89.jpg

Shush

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Anyone with experience on this bike?

21K miles on my '14 Limited. They're great bikes with the Project Rushmore improvements. Your bars look like they have a greater reach than my stock ones did. I added 2" longer ones and the riding comfort lasts longer then the 275 mile fuel range. Rode my '07 Road King Classic to the dealer one day and sat on the one that would instantly become mine. Traded that and my '07 Nightster and plan on living happily ever after.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm trying to decide if I want to trade. After all, what would they give me for a '98 with 80k miles? I really don't want to cram two bikes in my garage, knowing I may not even touch the '98.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have gotten the bug and it's time for a new(er) bike. The '98 is having issues and I do not want to break down on the back side of some mountain. I was going to go for another Road Glide, but when I say on this one, it felt like we matched, like the blue guy and his flying dragon in that movie. It's a '15 Ultra Limited and has a little over 8k miles. Anyone with experience on this bike?

C4C88665-7109-4377-920F-B62FFB59CECE_zpsyj89zaci.jpg

1607F8C1-3A6A-4CB3-B10D-EE4E04A87783_zpslpele6yw.jpg

B7D17CBE-9C6D-4285-A4E6-E06CE4E56793_zpsenurua89.jpg

Shush

Like the blue guy with the flying dragon? What?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend of mine has an Ultra. I just put tires on it for him a few days ago. To me Ultras handle like they have a big fat ass. Because..... well, they do. Lots of weight high in the back and you can feel it in low speed turns. Cruising they feel fine but the cockpit seems busy and a little cramped for my liking. Just my personal experience. If you can test ride it, do it and see what you think of it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A friend of mine has an Ultra. I just put tires on it for him a few days ago. To me Ultras handle like they have a big fat ass. Because..... well, they do. Lots of weight high in the back and you can feel it in low speed turns. Cruising they feel fine but the cockpit seems busy and a little cramped for my liking. Just my personal experience. If you can test ride it, do it and see what you think of it.

I agree with the High center on the Ultra but once used to it most do OK.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I will test ride before I buy, but I couldn't imagine it being any sloppier than the Road Glide. I love that bike on the highway, but it leaves much to be desired in the city.

Some guys I ride with suggested the Gold Wing, but I can't bring myself to do it. :crying:

Top Bottom