Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A grand jury has returned a 16-count felony indictment against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Also it doesn't appear this counts in the feds, the letter and crushed Tylenol.

Dude's going to jail.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    giphy.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not know any proud boys, have not heard or read anything by them. I have seen them disparaged on line , but not by anyone I would consider an unbiased expert in these things.

The only thing I think I know is that the Communists/Antifa call them white supremacists, which I see no evidence of.

When INGO has a 2A rally in the Capital and someone in the crowd waves a swastika flag, confederate flag or sign that says something racist, do we have to jump them and beat the snot out of them not to be considered a white supremacist group?

ETA I would never be a part of a group that calls itself proud boys.

And, where does all this put the III%ers and Oath Keepers?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not know any proud boys, have not heard or read anything by them. I have seen them disparaged on line , but not by anyone I would consider an unbiased expert in these things.

The only thing I think I know is that the Communists/Antifa call them white supremacists, which I see no evidence of.
    Those two statements seem at odds; or at least the second statement is superfluous.

And, where does all this put the III%ers and Oath Keepers?
    Still on the fringe. Enough so, that I really don't about their racial views. It's not exactly moot, but there's enough other stuff to steer clear...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Those two statements seem at odds; or at least the second statement is superfluous.

What I was saying is that I have no first hand knowledge (and do not care to) of them.

Still on the fringe. Enough so, that I really don't about their racial views. It's not exactly moot, but there's enough other stuff to steer clear...

Agreed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We live in such a racist world. It's so hard to believe that we live in the kind of world where a gay black man gets assaulted at 2AM in downtown Chicago by two MAGA hat wearing white bigots, and they had the audacity to declare Chicago "MAGA country". They're taking over.

There are racists everywhere, in every community, just waiting to find someone to hate on. And it's not just people. Trees are also starting to participate in these evil hate crimes. How can we sit idly by and watch these racist trees vandalize people's property like that. Pollen will not defeat us.

https://www.newsweek.com/darnell-by...49cGOhr5tzGZ69uSBCvUkHi3PvMYE8WkzGl0qUMfP0P9c

Okay. So. You see this yellow powdery substance on your car, and the first thing you assume is that it's some hate crime. It has to be. Because, you know, it happened back in 1970. That's proof that it's a racist message now.

So she calls the cops, and the cops say, uh, there's no crime here. It's tree pollen. NO! Can't be! IT HAS TO BE RACISTS. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! I'm a victim.

Or. Maybe we've actually made some progress since the 1970s, and there aren't really that many racists who want to commit crimes of hatred. So maybe we don't live in the world so many people are sure exists right now. Maybe this uber-racist world where MAGA hat wearing racists lie in wait for minorities to spew hatred upon, is just a delusion of people ideologically possessed. They can't let go of the idea that these things didn't happen the way they thought they did. "You can have mah victimhood when you can pry it from muh cold dead fingers."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We live in such a racist world. It's so hard to believe that we live in the kind of world where a gay black man gets assaulted at 2AM in downtown Chicago by two MAGA hat wearing white bigots, and they had the audacity to declare Chicago "MAGA country". They're taking over.

There are racists everywhere, in every community, just waiting to find someone to hate on. And it's not just people. Trees are also starting to participate in these evil hate crimes. How can we sit idly by and watch these racist trees vandalize people's property like that. Pollen will not defeat us.

https://www.newsweek.com/darnell-by...49cGOhr5tzGZ69uSBCvUkHi3PvMYE8WkzGl0qUMfP0P9c

Okay. So. You see this yellow powdery substance on your car, and the first thing you assume is that it's some hate crime. It has to be. Because, you know, it happened back in 1970. That's proof that it's a racist message now.

So she calls the cops, and the cops say, uh, there's no crime here. It's tree pollen. NO! Can't be! IT HAS TO BE RACISTS. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! I'm a victim.

Or. Maybe we've actually made some progress since the 1970s, and there aren't really that many racists who want to commit crimes of hatred. So maybe we don't live in the world so many people are sure exists right now. Maybe this uber-racist world where MAGA hat wearing racists lie in wait for minorities to spew hatred upon, is just a delusion of people ideologically possessed. They can't let go of the idea that these things didn't happen the way they thought they did. "You can have mah victimhood when you can pry it from muh cold dead fingers."
    But but...There were death threats! That is a Federal crime! Volunteer Mayor is serious business.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What I was saying is that I have no first hand knowledge (and do not care to) of them.

Out of curiosity, do you know any antifa members? Granted, neither you nor I likely want to, either. I'm just curious if you have the same reservation of judgment about them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Antifa is mainly in urban population centers. Or, maybe they're just bored from urban metro life. Personally, I've never heard anything out of the Lanesville antifa chapter. And that may be because they're way too busy with their meth hobby.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Plus, I wonder how many go around announcing they are members to non-members. Most of them do like to hide behind masks.

I think they recruit people much like any hate group. I'd imagine existing members are skeptical of newbies at first. But. Idunno. maybe not. I recall that not-gay Jared easily infiltrated an antifa group, kinda just by showing up and talking the talk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom