Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I have a higher standard for "violence"....but I can't argue with the results.

[video=youtube;N-me-1udyko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=N-me-1udyko[/video]

All I can say is that if ANYONE walks up behind me and pulls my hat down over my eyes, They will have their shins raked, metatarsals stomped and their ribs vigorously elbowed.

They may even be drawn down on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    D0cKFxVWsAIDSXz.jpg:large

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Yes, clearly Mr. Smollett is a very troubled person, and I do feel sorry for him.

However, that does not change how I am clearly convinced that he should be charged for the hoax he perpetrated and, if convicted, punished appropriately, given the disruption his self-pitying stunt caused.

Who is running the shop at Gannett? If the now-slimmed-down Indy Star is representative, probably the editor/newsroom manager/reporter/janitor, who is the only person left in the building.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How can you start with showing someone compassion if they won’t even admit to committing the offending deed?

Howbout Smollett owning up to and showing contrition for what he did first?

And the kicker is that even if he did that it probably still wouldn’t change his caustic attitude toward MAGA supporters that he tried to frame as violent racist homophobes.

So no i‘m not so quick to jump on the compassion bandwagon.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    How can you start with showing someone compassion if they won’t even admit to committing the offending deed?

Howbout Smollett owning up to and showing contrition for what he did first?

And the kicker is that even if he did that it probably still wouldn’t change his caustic attitude toward MAGA supporters that he tried to frame as violent racist homophobes.

So no i‘m not so quick to jump on the compassion bandwagon.

Because he's gay and black which gives him 2 to 20 plus points over everybody else. (depending how they score it) Affirmative action demands that we respect that or you're racist and homophobic.

This is literally the crap that California was shoving down our throats since the early 80s. :xmad:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are we setting dates? or taking bets?

I am very surprised it hasn't happened by now. Thing is, depending on where it happens, one justified shoot could escalate into a mob retaliation quickly.

***NOTE TO SELF - Carry more ammo. :runaway:

Thus underscoring the need for high capacity magazines and carrying spares, as in "Who wants to be the first 52 to die"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because he's gay and black which gives him 2 to 20 plus points over everybody else. (depending how they score it) Affirmative action demands that we respect that or you're racist and homophobic.

This is literally the crap that California was shoving down our throats since the early 80s. :xmad:

When I read this post, I had this sudden vision of the game Intersectionality:The Victimhood, modeled after how I think Magic:The Gathering works, where contestants play cards based on aspects of their intersectionality with inherent power levels until one winner becomes the Victim of Victims

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Compassion for Smollett, if he's convicted, would be a sentence severe enough to discourage recidivism. Coddling him because he is "troubled" will only demonstrate to him that he can get away with it and should probably try something even more stupid next time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Compassion for Smollett, if he's convicted, would be a sentence severe enough to discourage recidivism. Coddling him because he is "troubled" will only demonstrate to him that he can get away with it and should probably try something even more stupid next time.
    If convicted, he should, at the very least, be subject to whatever sentencing a "real" attacker would have been. Possibly worse, since a "real" attacker would probably be honest about his motivations.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It has to go low profile so he can be repentant, acquitted, and hi fived by his celeb and MSMBS buds.

Quietly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom