Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The "get your hand out of my pocket!" has been an ongoing joke at large black social gatherings for a LONG time. Whenever someone says it, people always laugh.

So what you're saying is, "It's a black thing. Y'all wouldn't understand."? ;) I was serious though. I'd never heard of it. Although, I may have thought it with regards to politicians proposing higher taxes... :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what you're saying is, "It's a black thing. Y'all wouldn't understand."? ;) I was serious though. I'd never heard of it. Although, I may have thought it with regards to politicians proposing higher taxes... :):

I figured a lt of people hadn't heard of it, that's why I asked BF if he knew from knowledge of had to look it up. back when I was in college, watching a fraternity step show, before the show started, someone yelled it out in the auditorium, and the crowd erupted in laughter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I figured a lt of people hadn't heard of it, that's why I asked BF if he knew from knowledge of had to look it up. back when I was in college, watching a fraternity step show, before the show started, someone yelled it out in the auditorium, and the crowd erupted in laughter.

So the assassination of Malcom X was a source of humor? Guess I'm not tracking.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So the assassination of Malcom X was a source of humor? Guess I'm not tracking.

Absolutely. With only a few notable exceptions, tragedies, that aren't contemporary to the people finding humor in the joke, seem to normally be fair game. I'm confident you know this.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Did you have to look that up to understand the referencer did you already know?

The "get your hand out of my pocket!" has been an ongoing joke at large black social gatherings for a LONG time. Whenever someone says it, people always laugh.

Absolutely. With only a few notable exceptions, tragedies, that aren't contemporary to the people finding humor in the joke, seem to normally be fair game. I'm confident you know this.

Mr. K, I had never heard of this reference until recently, and after watching the re-enactment, the clip, I find it hard to believe that people -any people- would find it amusing or a source of humor. Call me crazy, but no one in my small circle of friends/family finds anything about violence/assassination even remotely funny, and I don't care what color the victim is; it's just not funny, in civilized society.

And hey, my family roots is Alabama also, so don't go there; both of us have progressed from that era.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Or conservatives for that matter. You'd think, that crime should be taken seriously, regardless of what color the victims/perps are. Crazy right? :dunno:

Weird! Why are they the only ones to ever report on it?
    Leftist media flat out ignores it and calls you "racist" for pointing it out as a problem that needs dealt with.

OH WAAAAAAIIT!!! NOW I GET IT!!! I answered my own questions there! Silly me!

(circular logic is not logical)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I remember Kennedy's assassination. I don't recall anyone joking about it. At least not among anyone I know. Don't remember any Lincoln assassination jokes either. So tell us some good MLK assassination jokes Kut. Let us in on the gag.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Weird! Why are they the only ones to ever report on it?
    Leftist media flat out ignores it and calls you "racist" for pointing it out as a problem that needs dealt with.

OH WAAAAAAIIT!!! NOW I GET IT!!! I answered my own questions there! Silly me!

(circular logic is not logical)

Nobody expects YOU to understand...... Honky!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I remember Kennedy's assassination. I don't recall anyone joking about it. At least not among anyone I know. Don't remember any Lincoln assassination jokes either. So tell us some good MLK assassination jokes Kut. Let us in on the gag.

Well, there's: "Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln...."

...but other than that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am sorry for not responding to you, Sir.

I did not realize that you were talking to me, since, I said I had not in the post you refer to.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For the rest of you.

It seems referring to the assassination of a peaceful black man like Malcolm X or MLK Jr. by black people is a joke, much like black folk referring to each other as N***** is OK.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, we've digressed and I'm very willing to admit that the reference was a joke. I suppose that this is relevant because, as a joke, it should not be taken seriously or accorded any meaning of any anything.

...so we're saying that joking about the assassination of the President is no big deal?

If so, was it no big deal, say, between 10 and 2 years ago?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For the rest of you.

It seems referring to the assassination of a peaceful black man like Malcolm X or MLK Jr. by black people is a joke, much like black folk referring to each other as N***** is OK.

Well, MLK wasn't assassinated by a black man, so there's that. Maybe that's why it's not been the subject of jokes. As for Malcom X, I'm not sure I would call him "peaceful". MLK yes, Malcom X, not so much. I think Malcom X was more in the vein of Louis Farrakan. And as much as I think Farrakan is a racist POS, I wouldn't crack jokes about it if some of his followers decided to assassinate him. I wouldn't shed a tear, but I wouldn't joke about it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, we've digressed and I'm very willing to admit that the reference was a joke. I suppose that this is relevant because, as a joke, it should be taken seriously or accorded any meaning of any anything.

...so we're saying that joking about the assassination of the President is no big deal?

If so, was it no big deal, say, between 10 and 2 years ago?

Asking for a friend.

Again, apparently I hang with the wrong group of people, since nobody I knew then or now joked about it. :dunno: I guess I need to get out more. Why aren't the left yukking it up about that?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, MLK wasn't assassinated by a black man, so there's that. Maybe that's why it's not been the subject of jokes. As for Malcom X, I'm not sure I would call him "peaceful". MLK yes, Malcom X, not so much. I think Malcom X was more in the vein of Louis Farrakan.

You mean the man who thought that the Nation of Islam wasn't nearly radical enough?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom