• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    So we aren't allowed to voice our opinions? If nobody talks against it it would never be changed. Complaints are as big a part of the free market as sales are. Are we just supposed to sit there and take it when a product or service performs below our standards?
    :n00b::horse:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Is PayPal really antigun? Or do they just CHOOSE not to handle transactions for firearms and related items?
    Aside from compliance with law, why would a company CHOOSE to limit revenue-generating business unless said company was against it? I don't think there's a difference at play here.

Do you post this on every thread where people say they were kicked out of a restaurant for carrying a gun? :n00b:

I empty the account several times a day, but since it's a weekend the funds never left since no ACH happens on non-banking days. This is why they were able to hold so much.
    Maybe we're getting a glimpse into the "lone" part of the screen name.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Aside from compliance with law, why would a company CHOOSE to limit revenue-generating business unless said company was against it? I don't think there's a difference at play here.

Maybe we're getting a glimpse into the "lone" part of the screen name.
    :wow: That cuts a little deep their. I think that was the first time on INGO that someone got personal with me. :n00b:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I empty the account several times a day, but since it's a weekend the funds never left since no ACH happens on non-banking days. This is why they were able to hold so much.

Don't explain yourself to the annoying person in the corner that is only portraying himself as someone that knows better than you how to run your business.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You stated your opinion as fact. I just asked for you to back up your words. Can you or not?

Paycheck from paypal much?

Yep, I make as much money from them as you do selling your opinion as fact.

Aside from compliance with law, why would a company CHOOSE to limit revenue-generating business unless said company was against it? I don't think there's a difference at play here...

Looks like their decision to stay out of controversy has paid off just fine. While we may not agree with their practice, their business model has kept them in a position of little to no direct competition.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Looks like their decision to stay out of controversy has paid off just fine. While we may not agree with their practice, their business model has kept them in a position of little to no direct competition.
    That's great and I get it, but it has nothing to do with my question. I didn't ask if their decision would harm their business. I asked why a business would voluntarily forego additional revenue unless it was opposed to the act/behavior that generated that revenue.

I don't have a point with you. I will never attack you personal, just your opinion if I disagree with it.
    And I wasn't attacking you personally. Just giving my opinion as well.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Last time I did any research about ebay and PayPal, they both contributed to anti-gun causes like Brady campaign and the Obama campaign so I stopped using them except to gift funds and I never accept payment via PayPal. USPS m/o works just fine for me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^^^^^^^^ T H I S ^^^^^^^^

I'm a PayPal user, I don't like it but that is what the market uses.

The only other route that I know of is getting a CC merchant account.
    Going that route however typically requires a monthly fee to the bank/entity doing the CC processing PLUS the transaction fee.
    For instant Intuit does it:
    Intuit Merchant Services: easy credit card processing for your business

& while it's a little cheaper for an online store (per transaction)
    2.52% + .29 per transaction there is a $19.95 fee for having it
    Fees for accepting credit cards on a web store: Intuit Payments

Going this route is Ok for a medium or big business but not for the every day user and/or once in a while ebay/craiglist seller.
    The monthly fee would eat up any profit.

--edit--
    plus unlike paypal which gives the end user 'buy me now buttons' or ebay paypal buttons that they just have to copy & paste doing the other way you have to do the coding yourself or know/pay someone for that site integration.

All that PayPal handles for it's users and thus makes it simpler and one of the reasons it's a bit more $$$ as you are paying for that 'built in service'.

Top Bottom