• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I refuse to deal with anti 2A companies myself. I have yet to see any proof that PayPal is antigun. :dunno:
    The business decision to not accept gun related transactions certainly may not please any of us, but it does not make them anti gun.

I think a big part of Paypal not wanting firearms related transactions has to do with the variety of state and local laws regarding such items. Just like with Native artifacts, some things can be sold and then some people will sell things restricted for sales without much concern. They don't want to take part in those transactions. To me, it looks like a CYA type of deal. Probably a big reason why people on forums that accept Paypal say to use the gift option.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I didn't say they contributed to anti-2a funds that I recall. Anti-2a is anti American and the sooner people accept that and start holding those kinda people accountable for their stand the more free we will be.
    I think they are in the state they are for a reason. Look up the owner(s) or operators and see where their political associations are.

I never stated that you said they did, but it has been said in this thread that they did.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think a big part of Paypal not wanting firearms related transactions has to do with the variety of state and local laws regarding such items. Just like with Native artifacts, some things can be sold and then some people will sell things restricted for sales without much concern. They don't want to take part in those transactions. To me, it looks like a CYA type of deal. Probably a big reason why people on forums that accept Paypal say to use the gift option.

That's what my research has turned up every time I address those who are quick to throw around the "anti-gun" moniker. I'm not sure the business model isn't as much or more about squelching the perception of "buying guns over the Internet," than even legalities.

As eloquently stated above;
    They are a PITA but the only game in town.

In my experience, as a fairly regular PayPal user, they are the only efficient way to treat most individual private transactions like we have become accustomed to treating ALL transactions in the modern day. I'll think twice before I'll arrange to go to the inefficient business called the Post Office. Pay for the gas, pay for the money order, pay for the postage, then wait and wait for everyone involved to do their part.
    I'm much more likely to jump on a purchase or sale if we can do the transaction right now and agree that shipping will take place tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I hated PayPal before it was cool. Their user interface sucks, my account has always been a wreck, and a good portion of my cards won't even work with it. I've been begging certain vendors to use Amazon payments instead. Granted, Amazon is also anti-gun, but holy crap at least they know how to keep user accounts in order and haven't been flagged by half my banks.

Top Bottom